Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm skeptical, unless they've also shown their software tab. I have a similar highway near me, with 3 lanes separated from 2 lanes by a double white line, and FSD Beta waits until the divider merges prior to switching to NOA.

Edit: Found the tweet, they say it's only 10.69.3:

This whole idea of "smooth" is so subjective - need a way to quantify it.

Yes, we can feel it - but humans are not that good at remembering how they felt a few releases back.

Reactions: sleepydoc
He could have just asked one of us 🤣
Like most famous/rich people he suffers "Michel Jackson" disease. Completely surrounded by YES men and completely out of touch of the real world.

Manager to Engineer: When Elon walks in no matter what he asks THE first word out of your mouth is YES or you could lose your job.

Like most famous/rich people he suffers "Michel Jackson" disease. Completely surrounded by YES men and completely out of touch of the real world.

Manager to Engineer: When Elon walks in no matter what he asks THE first word out of your mouth is YES or you could lose your job.
Please explain how you can be completely out of touch of the real world and accomplish what Elon has with SpaceX and Tesla? He simply introduced disruption technologies that completely changed two industries. You could make the case Elon is actually the most in touch with the real world. He does have his screw ups for sure but everyone does.

Please explain how you can be completely out of touch of the real world and accomplish what Elon has with SpaceX and Tesla? He simply introduced disruption technologies that completely changed two industries. You could make the case Elon is actually the most in touch with the real world. He does have his screw ups for sure but everyone does.
Absolutely right....you can learn a lot from following Elon...for example I bought a Model 3...and I would certainly never buy another social media company

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow and sleepydoc
I can explain it to you in seven letters, of which three are t.

SpaceX easier than driverless.
EVs easier than driverless.
Proof: If it wasn't than we would already have driverless.

Elon confirms autopilot team is about 150 engineers. Other driverless teams are estimated at about 3K engineers. I'm confident the 3K is exaggerated, for U.S. driverless companies.
@Bladerskb

Yeah, I think the 3,000 number is exaggerated. For example, Waymo is estimated to have around 610 AV engineers in 2019, and Cruise is estimated to have around 900 AV engineers in 2021. So while Waymo and Cruise have a lot more AV engineers than Tesla, it is nowhere near 3,000.

I do think Elon has the right to proud of the Tesla AP/FSD team. For only 150 engineers, they have accomplished a lot IMO.

They are all difficult in their own way.

The main difficulty with SpaceX & Tesla was to get into an extremely capital-intensive industry and survive the scale up and achieve profitability.

With driverless, technical. More comparable to fusion.

Not sure how your reply has anything to do with the "Michel Jackson" disease comment which is what I was responding to.

Reactions: nvx1977
Completely surrounded by YES men and completely out of touch of the real world.
This is obviously not true - since he sees so much criticism ALL the time on twitter and major media about him.

1668480810860.png

ps : But then, that is nothing new. They said all the negative things about Tesla (less so about SpaceX) that they are now saying about Twitter. Just that now its 10x what he saw with Tesla.