Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

He's such a troll and he knows it. "Next week" is basically a meme at this point :)

Human English translation: "I aspire for it to come out next week, which has been my ongoing intent for many weeks now".

(Or alternative cynical translation given the lack of a trailing question mark in the parent tweet: "Christmas is next week, but I have no comment on v11").

I agree he is a bit of a troll, but I'm somewhat amazed at the Tesla fan club community. He has been trolling since 2016 and everyone seems so gullible. You'd think the community would learn from his many false statements. Also learn that major updates are just incremental improvements.
Take pity on us poor, idiot users. We don't have your superior intellect and intelligence. Forgive us, for we know not what we do.

Tesla is offering a free 30 day trial of Enhanced Autopilot worldwide for the holidays
That's interesting. I guess the motivation is to get people to upgrade?

Oh, and Telsa, it is "complementary" in this case; not "complimentary". Go back to school. Then again maybe they use Siri as I do which totally butchers the grammar. :rolleyes:

That's interesting. I guess the motivation is to get people to upgrade?

Oh, and Telsa, it is "complementary" in this case; not "complimentary". Go back to school. Then again maybe they use Siri as I do which totally butchers the grammar. :rolleyes:
With the greatest respect, I have to differ with your correction. A correct usage of "complimentary" is to provide something free of charge, as in "please take it with my compliments".

"Complementary" means that's something provides a completion aspect, sometimes (but not necessarily) in a balancing or reflectively or elegantly symmetrical way.

Gravy is a complement to mashed potatoes but without the balance aspect, more the completion aspect. In a Tesla, regenerative motor braking is a complementary action that completes the all-electric drive design in an elegant oppositional manner. In both digital and analog lectronics, the dominant platform is CMOS using Complementary N and P type MOS transistors to create active push-pull clbehavior that provides very balanced circuit architecture and also high power efficiency.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect, I have to differ with your correction. A correct usage of "complimentary" is to provide something free of charge, as in "please take it my compliments".

"Complementary" means that's something provides a completion aspect, sometimes (but not necessarily) in a balancing or reflectively symmetrical way. Gravy is a complilement to mashed potatoes but without the balance aspect, more the completion aspect. In a Tesla, regenerative motor braking is a complementary action that completes the all-electric drive design in an elegant oppositional manner. In both digital and analog lectronics, the dominant platform is CMOS using Complementary N and P type transistors to create active push-pull clbehavior that also provide very balanced circuit architecture and also high power efficiency.
well that's ok. The comment was from the English teacher of the group, so I take her word for it. She says it complements the features. They aren't complimenting. I wouldn't know much better. Sorry she got me on this road. :)

Reactions: JHCCAZ
With the greatest respect, I have to differ with your correction. A correct usage of "complimentary" is to provide something free of charge, as in "please take it my compliments".

"Complementary" means that's something provides a completion aspect, sometimes (but not necessarily) in a balancing or reflectively or elegantly symmetrical way.

Gravy is a complilement to mashed potatoes but without the balance aspect, more the completion aspect. In a Tesla, regenerative motor braking is a complementary action that completes the all-electric drive design in an elegant oppositional manner. In both digital and analog lectronics, the dominant platform is CMOS using Complementary N and P type transistors to create active push-pull clbehavior that also provide very balanced circuit architecture and also high power efficiency.
You could say that EAP is complemetary to the car's basic AP. Getting it 30 days for free would make it complimentary as well.

Reactions: JHCCAZ
You could say that EAP is complemetary to the car's basic AP. Getting it 30 days for free would make it complimentary as well.
Right, it's a complimentary trial of a complementary feature.

I had to edit my post so many times because the auto spell corrector kept changing one to the other, and my eyesight is getting worse at spotting those things as they occur. Hopefully there are no more autocorrect typos in there!

Right, it's a complimentary trial of a complementary feature.

I had to edit my post so many times because the auto spell corrector kept changing one to the other, and my eyesight is getting worse at spotting those things as they occur. Hopefully there are no more autocorrect typos in there!
Good one. Hey, I use Siri and I don't even bother correcting Siri anymore as people seem to like trying to figure out what I really meant to say.

Reactions: DanCar and JHCCAZ
That's what my neighbor said. Must be a popular thought.
I think a lot of people are happy with predictably-working EAP features, and feel that they represent most of the value at this point. They provide a lot of value to me even though the city streets FSD feature is not quite there (as good as it has become).

It does seem to me that the EAP trial offer would have made more sense after the single stack is actually deployed, as that is the future and presumably refined experience that customers wull be driving on.

Reactions: DanCar