Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can be smart and use some superlatives at the same time. English is not my first language. What's your excuse?

Your English is fine, that's not the issue.

You decided to ignore my post where I said it's unlikely that FSD doesn't use some form of convolution for processing speed and that Elon was being deliberately obtuse to LeCun. This argument was probably not worth continuing past that point.

Elon getting a public spanking by Yann LeCun
Its Steve Jobs vs Wozniak. One is a really good salesman who is not a complete idiot but over time begins to feel like he is the smartest man in the room because of sycophants. The other is a brilliant scientist who just enjoys doing research and working on technology.

Tesla did make extensive use of CNNs for Autopilot and many FSD functions up until V11, but V12 could be using a completely different architecture.

Tesla's been using HydraNet in regular Autopilot for years now. Here's a 2021 blog about it: Tesla's HydraNet - How Tesla's Autopilot Works

Elon said "We don’t use CNNs much these days tbh" not "We never used CNNs" or "We don't use CNNs at all."

Why are you even trying to analyze a nonanswer. We don't use CNNs much these is just something you blurt out when you don't actually have a response. He made a d***k joke before that. Nothing he said has any substance at all. Everyone uses CNNs but not just CNNs. That's the beauty of this field, you share your work and people build on top of it. There are thousands of research papers released each year. Everyone developing autonomous vehicles uses CNNs, FPN, Transformers, "RNNs" and there is research in using GANS as well. These are all contributions from researchers like Yann.

Its Steve Jobs vs Wozniak. One is a really good salesman who is not a complete idiot but over time begins to feel like he is the smartest man in the room because of sycophants. The other is a brilliant scientist who just enjoys doing research and working on technology.

After being thrown out of Apple and having to eat a LOT of humble pie, Steve came back to Apple a more mature and wiser leader who better understood his role. Hopefully Elon can grow up before he destroys Tesla.

... Hopefully Elon can grow up before he destroys Tesla.
Seems Tesla is in a good position. They benefit from continual battery improvements. Cities are tired of air pollution. No one else except the Chinese have winning eCar solutions. Tesla's focus on technology and continual updates is huge. Disappointed they decided not to build a small car, that would have been a big gain. Hopefully they make lots of money from the continual cybertruck production increases.

Destroy Tesla is a subjective term, but I don't see destruction in the near term.

I Really Mean It.gif