Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon: FSD Beta tweets

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh man now speculation on what he means by "This is a big one". I can't lie that is getting me excited.

I can't believe you're ignoring "wide release" :cool:
Is....
* beta releasing to employees / limited testers over the weekend and wider beta group next week (e.g. beginning of week per typical schedule)?
* beta going to new FSD beta testers who did not have beta before (in addition to other beta users - similar to point 1)?
* beta going to all FSD owners (no more beta test group)?

(Mostly kidding - I assume he meant 1 at most)

10.8 was supposedly a “big one” where Elon said you might as well have called this v11

So…what does “This is a big one mean?” Means 10.12 will be another normal update 😂
10.8.1 was a decent update. 10.9 didn't have much. 10.11.2 is again a decent update.

I'm assuming 10.12.x will be decent update with several new pieces of code - may be some more things converted to NN. He has mentioned better unprotected left turns - so probably some updates there.

Reactions: VanFriscia

ps : This is interesting. So, somehow they were not happy enough with 10.11.2 to push to new testers.

Or Tesla is waiting to merge whatever progress they have for FSD Beta to 10.12.x.n, or whatever the latest and greatest iteration of 10 they are developing. Just a casual observation, but there must be a fair amount of change between versions 4.5.21 and 12.3.5. I would think the current beta test team would either want or need those changes moving forward.

Reactions: edseloh and impastu
Or Tesla is waiting to merge whatever progress they have for FSD Beta to 10.12.x.n, or whatever the latest and greatest iteration of 10 they are developing. Just a casual observation, but there must be a fair amount of change between versions 4.5.21 and 12.3.5. I would think the current beta test team would either want or need those changes moving forward.
Sorry, my bad, apples to oranges: the 10.12.x software and 4.5.21 FSD Beta are separate code lines. The former contains the latter feature set.

Staff member: Elon listen up, you keep saying new high score people are getting the Beta but they aren't. When is that going to happen? Elon: You are fired get out of my factory. 😅
I REALLY understand some of the frustration.

I was in the beta and then had a problem related to the FSD computer that had various weird effects. Service took weeks to finally decide to replace the FSD board. This was done at the end of 2021.

I don't know what Tesla Service did but they seem to have removed me from the beta (I presume) through their testing of the various problems with the faulty computer board.

As a result, It is shortly becoming 4+ months with a safety score of 98+ and many many requests but cannot get back into the beta. There is no communications path to resolve this.

I can't see that I did anything wrong or disqualifying other than report my erratic problems accurately. An erratic FSC computer causes immediate problems with the beta but also other problems which progressed to worse and worse problems finally resulting in a stranding event.

I don't know if Tesla Service made some kind of internal request related to pulling the beta or whether in the course of their own testing they violated some driving parameter which disqualified the VIN for the beta.

The new FSD board came at an earlier SW revision so I was not initially concerned when it seemed to have lost the beta code but now months later I am frustrated with the experience.

I do get regular code updates (12.3.1 now) but no beta code. Safety score for April sits at 99 and it is very very frustrating not being able to know what happened or if it can ever be resolved because there is no communications pathway from the company to reach any resolution.

ps : This is interesting. So, somehow they were not happy enough with 10.11.2 to push to new testers.
Kind of a confusing tweet. When he says "beta users" does he mean anyone who has pushed the beta button? Or those already admitted to the beta? or both? or what? The last update was split between existing beta testers - some had to wait a few weeks and some got it immediately, but the new testers were all Canadian. So I am assuming he is talking about adding new users with high safety scores? Or is Tesla tracking all beta safety scores, including those already admitted and just not showing it in the app unless its for Tesla Insurance?

So many questions, so few answers.

Reactions: bsf29 and Ramphex
Kind of a confusing tweet. When he says "beta users" does he mean anyone who has pushed the beta button? Or those already admitted to the beta? or both? or what? The last update was split between existing beta testers - some had to wait a few weeks and some got it immediately, but the new testers were all Canadian. So I am assuming he is talking about adding new users with high safety scores? Or is Tesla tracking all beta safety scores, including those already admitted and just not showing it in the app unless its for Tesla Insurance?

So many questions, so few answers.
Anyone who wants FSD Beta would get it - is my interpretation. He has talked about that before - and also in the earnings call.

It is still "beta" just like AP & NOA.