Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just like some other influential wealthy people...
Probably … but we never really know about them because they don’t tweet so openly.

I find it fascinating generally the same group of people on the right consistently push conspiracy theories about
- Covid
- “Woke culture”
- Climate Change

He falls for the first two, knowing on the 3rd the same people are wrong !

• Love
Reactions: 2101Guy
This is the official email from Tesla as of a month ago:

Since you're talking about evidence, I find it suspicious that Tesla would set up an email address and advertise it to people with FSD beta, including asking them to include account email address or VIN, if their intention is to ignore anything that comes in via that email. They also state explicitly that they likely won't respond, which opens the door to them responding if the situation warrants it. While not fsd beta specific, I have had Tesla engineering contact me due to a bug report I submitted a few years back regarding an AP failure.

Also, we have seen evidence that people who email that address to get themselves removed from the beta do indeed get removed from the beta, without a reply. So here we do have evidence of a response, even if that response is not a reply to the initial email.
Back in 2021 I used to get this automated reply to my submissions but not anymore. And back when it was a private beta the participants mentioned that Tesla would sometimes reach out for clarification on the reports but I haven't heard of any report of such an occurrence for the public beta. And moreover, I no longer even get those automated acknowledgments of the submissions so I have stopped submitting. Maybe when I have something worthwhile to report I'll try again to check if I will get that email...

Promises, promises.🦄
The 80 mph restriction makes it difficult to pass anyone on rural interstate highways. Even where the speed limit is 65 mph, the traffic moves along between 72 and 80.

At least let us have a transient excursion to between 81 and 85 mph in order to pass.
I'm sure NHTSA will unfortunately have something to say on this... just like those stop signs... :(

At least let us have a transient excursion to between 81 and 85 mph in order to pass.
I'm sure they have a cut off at 80 mph, because they feel above 80 mph, AP is less safe. So, whether it is "transient" or not shouldn't make much difference - infact passing at high speeds is probably one of the critical times when higher accuracy is desired. Phantom braking while passing at 85 mph isn't pretty.

If you're on a rural highway whose speed limit is 65 and you need to drive 85 to pass someone...maybe you don't actually need to pass them.

This is my philosophy, as well. If I want to enjoy driving (fast) I don't use AP/FSD. I want to use AP to chill out - to reduce highway fatigue and pressure of driving - so, the last thing I want to do is pass someone going at 80 mph on a 65 limit road.

Reactions: nvx1977
I'm sure they have a cut off at 80 mph, because they feel above 80 mph, AP is less safe. So, whether it is "transient" or not shouldn't make much difference - infact passing at high speeds is probably one of the critical times when higher accuracy is desired. Phantom braking while passing at 85 mph isn't pretty.

If you’re using the throttle to pass someone above the AP set speed, phantom braking/ACC is deactivated. So if they allowed you to use the throttle to push up to 85, the only thing active would be the lane keep assist.

Reactions: jabloomf1230
You completely neglect the fact that even a below average human is capable of learning far more, far faster than the best AI algorithm.
You ignore the fact that humans start with quite a few years learning how to interpret the physical world. AI does not have that background to start (general AI anyone?). Another thing that may be at play here is the difference in the complexity of the neural nets.

You ignore the fact that humans start with quite a few years learning how to interpret the physical world. AI does not have that background to start (general AI anyone?). Another thing that may be at play here is the difference in the complexity of the neural nets.
not really. Give any of the current AI algorithms 16 years of 'learning' and they still won't be at the point of a below average teenage driver. It's not a matter of time, it's a matter of how capable the systems are.

Back in 2021 I used to get this automated reply to my submissions but not anymore. And back when it was a private beta the participants mentioned that Tesla would sometimes reach out for clarification on the reports but I haven't heard of any report of such an occurrence for the public beta. And moreover, I no longer even get those automated acknowledgments of the submissions so I have stopped submitting. Maybe when I have something worthwhile to report I'll try again to check if I will get that email...

I just sent them some feedback. Got the auto-response. I've gotten plenty of these in 2022.

1652719859229.png