Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But I’m in Canada so there aren’t as many beta-testers up here. Even with a staged rollout, I might get lucky
Nope. First release is limited to catch major bugs. Then it goes to a few YouTubers so Omar can gush about how smooth it is and how he had zero disengagements. Then the rest of us mortals get it.

Elon, don’t play me like dat
Rollouts have been slow and cautious since the 10.3 debacle and this looks to be even slower and more cautious (add more for Elon time) than usual. So we are probably looking at closer to a month. Also being in Canada you should ADD time to the ETA (not subtract) since it must be proven in the US first.

Screen Shot 2022-08-19 at 6.00.44 AM.png

Last edited:
December 31 is fast approaching!

Rollouts have been slow and cautious since the 10.3 debacle and this looks to be even slower and more cautious (add more for Elon time) than usual. So we are probably looking at closer to a month. Also being in Canada you should ADD time to the ETA (not subtract) since it must be proven in the US first.

View attachment 842572
Didn’t know he tweeted that. I am looking forward to the FSD update but I think I want the general update even more! 2022.12.xxx kinda sucking right now

Reactions: sleepydoc
Not really slower. For comparison to the last 3 rollouts from initial beta group to all FSDbeta testers. If this release actually goes out to everyone in 2 weeks I'd be surprised since we're hearing major code changers from Elon. Better a careful rollout that takes a little longer than quality problems.
10.10- 15 days
10.11- 21 days
10.12- 8 days
Wiki - FSD Beta release history

Not really slower. For comparison to the last 3 rollouts from initial beta group to all FSDbeta testers. If this release actually goes out to everyone in 2 weeks I'd be surprised since we're hearing major code changers from Elon. Better a careful rollout that takes a little longer than quality problems.
10.10- 15 days
10.11- 21 days
10.12- 8 days
Wiki - FSD Beta release history
You are using absolute human time, however the Tweet was made in relation to Elon's time frame reference. History has proven that in almost all cases Elon's time frame reference runs at a MUCH slower pace than our time frame reference.

View attachment 842572

New way of saying 2 weeks?

December 31 is fast approaching!

And I've got a bridge in Brooklyn for sale if anyone is interested...

Why would we need flying cars when we can already take Hyperloops anywhere we want to?
One of the smartest decisions Elon has made. Trying to work with local, state and federal governments to get the necessary environmental reviews and the endless politics that would entail would likely have resulted in so many road blocks Elon would have gone a bit stir crazy. While he has challenges in Boca Chica at least they have been able to build out Starship and stage 0.