Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Regen maxes at like 0.2g in normal use (IIRC it'll do 0.3 in track mode which isn't for use on public roads).... While actually slamming the brakes is nearly 0.8g- it should be VERY easy to tell the difference between those, and regen certainly should NOT be leaving you "slammed to the dashboard"

if it is you should schedule a service visit- something's wrong with the car.

My statement was a great example of how people's interpretation of how shadow braking (and other automated slowing) isn't really as bad as people think. The biggest factor is that it is unexpected, and people aren't braced for it.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
like I said tesla vision just isn’t able to see and interpret from a distance is the underlying reason.

This is the part that I don't agree with. The car absolutely can see that far and interpret at that distance. What seems to happen is that in a frame or two, something appears that makes the car believe that something is obstructing the road.

And don't come back with "See, it can't do it" Humans often misclassify things much closer than that.

In earlier releases, cars crossing the road in front of you, while you are at speed was an issue, the car was notorious about slowing down when it wasn't needed. In the last few days, a car passed in front of me, and it was indeed on the verge of needing me to stop. But the car slowed minimally for only a few seconds, probably just as I would have.

It's an example of how vision is only one part of the equation. Classification and response are big portions as well.

But then again, when the NoA software is replaced, we'll see what happens.

Reactions: pilotSteve
Can't trust that which makes no sense. It's a bug that's been improved in the past, at times regresses, hopefully improves in the future.

Sanity check. If what you suggest was true human drivers would be phantom braking regularly. They would be slamming on the brakes for 2D mirages, dark sections of roadway, shadows, oil patches, and eye floaters. It doesn't happen in the real world. Period.

And they do, for all of those. BUT, humans have trained themselves over time to handle the situations.

"Eye floaters" Absolutely. If you have a big one break lose, especially if you have never had any, trust me, you are indeed going to be slowing quickly and hopefully pulling off the road.

It makes no sense to you, because you aren't seeing what the car is seeing. If you saw what the car was seeing, it may make a lot more sense to you.

My thoughts are that the car is reacting a little too much cautiously at a distance a little too far away. But then again, that's how the car drives today, too safe.

At what point do we disband this thread? Elon doesn’t tweet about things he doesn’t want everyone’s attention on, so fsd updates are not getting highlights.

Instead we get tweets objectifying women and tweets fighting people who try to sterilize of the English language of words and phrases that may offend or slight a group.

It’s fine. We just need to catch up with the times and priorities.

At what point do we disband this thread? Elon doesn’t tweet about things he doesn’t want everyone’s attention on, so fsd updates are not getting highlights.

Instead we get tweets objectifying women and tweets fighting people who try to sterilize of the English language of words and phrases that may offend or slight a group.

It’s fine. We just need to catch up with the times and priorities.

Have to say I really appreciate someone with your username asking us to 'drop' something :)

New release to employees?

SmartSelect_20230306_105357_Firefox.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: sleepydoc
New release to employees?

View attachment 914479

Just went through and checked the versions in your screenshot.

2023.6.1 is a mainstream release that we already have release notes for: 2023.6.1 Official Tesla Release Notes - Software Updates

2023.2.200 is a factory firmware version for HW4 Model S/X.

And I've only found one person reporting to have 2023.2.100, but it was a factory firmware version for a 2023 Model Y LR 7 seater.

None of them appear to be employee releases, unfortunately. I think last we heard, 2022.45.5 was the employee V11.3 release.

Read Nobel scientist Daniel Khaneman's book "Thinking Fast and Slow" and you will learn that humans do, in fact, misinterpret situations with alarming frequency, but are also capable of reinterpreting quickly. It's a survival skill.
I just finished that book (literally turned it in to the library this morning. Another point he makes very clearly is that the fast response accentuates the more dangerous plausible interpretation--that being survival favorable over picking less dangerous ones. Later revision on review allows us to get past that, but our initial response are often over-reactions for this reason.

I think Omar is in his "anti-shill" phase right now. He is upset his request for an invite to Investor Day was denied.

But it just goes to show that even he has disengagements; it's just that he wasn't posting them until now.
Ofcourse we don't know whether the car would have stopped. Kind of difficult situation with someone in the way right after taking a turn.

BTW, he has commented on bad "releases" and bugs before. See his Twitter feed.

Reactions: ewoodrick
Ofcourse we don't know whether the car would have stopped. Kind of difficult situation with someone in the way right after taking a turn.

BTW, he has commented on bad "releases" and bugs before. See his Twitter feed.
I think it might have hit the other car. Stepping through frames on the raw 1x version, there is no sign of any braking until Omar hits the brakes. Up till then the Tesla was still accelerating, as indicated in the visualization and had a solid blue line despite no longer having a path forward. I even ran through it multiple time to look for the hood drop, but nothing prior to manual braking.

Good save by Omar, in any case.

Just rented a Model Y in Arizona to drive up to Sedona and the Grand Canyon and was recalling the tweet from Elon that a feature allowing you to be able to load your profile on a Hertz rental Tesla (and presumably use your App and account) was coming. I think that was back in 2020? That feature must be stuck behind the feature where the visualizations will show other teslas on the road in the proper model and color which was also tweeted by Elon several years ago.

Just rented a Model Y in Arizona to drive up to Sedona and the Grand Canyon and was recalling the tweet from Elon that a feature allowing you to be able to load your profile on a Hertz rental Tesla (and presumably use your App and account) was coming. I think that was back in 2020? That feature must be stuck behind the feature where the visualizations will show other teslas on the road in the proper model and color which was also tweeted by Elon several years ago.
Does it have Cloud profile access , and have you put your own profiles into the cloud service?

More generally, how does the Hertz Tesla interface with your existing Tesla app?

I would love to be able to rent a Tesla and have my FSD beta available, but it sounds like that's not in the cards for several reasons.

Does it have Cloud profile access , and have you put your own profiles into the cloud service?

More generally, how does the Hertz Tesla interface with your existing Tesla app?

I would love to be able to rent a Tesla and have my FSD beta available, but it sounds like that's not in the cards for several reasons.
It was a tweet somebody made in October of 2021 (specifically referring to Hertz rentals and user profiles and settings) and Elon replied "That feature is coming," which of course it wasn't and hasn't and probably never will. Just more of Elon's BS.

Reactions: 2101Guy