Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This shows why FSD is so cautious around VRU. It only has a vague idea about them. They just need to do what Kinect did a long time back !
Just shows you how behind they are compared to Waymo and others. With each update we get new admissions. Yet people still refuse to accept this.

Paper: [2112.12141] Multi-modal 3D Human Pose Estimation with 2D Weak Supervision in Autonomous Driving
Blog: Waypoint - The official Waymo blog: Utilizing key point and pose estimation for the task of autonomous driving

Just shows you how behind they are compared to Waymo and others. With each update we get new admissions. Yet people still refuse to accept this.
When Waymo can detect VRU properly and drive near my house, get back to me ;)

I don't know why people continuously confuse consumer cars with dead-end HD-map reliant taxis.

When Waymo can detect VRU properly and drive near my house, get back to me ;)

I don't know why people continuously confuse consumer cars with dead-end HD-map reliant taxis.
If Tesla FSD is SO GOOD... Why ain't OEMs flocking to put it on their cars?
I mean isn't it quite obvious according to you? Why isn't Elon tweeting or mentioning in Earnings calls about how so many OEMs are asking for it?
This is what the Tesla fans have been saying. That Tesla FSD is so good that everyone is gonna have to license from them.

Yet the Auto OEMs are either doing their own thing in-house or flocking to Mobileye and Huawei?

How come?

Last edited:
If Tesla FSD is SO GOOD... Why ain't OEMs flocking to put it on their cars?
I mean isn't it quite obvious according to you? Why isn't Elon tweeting or blabbing about how so many OEMs are asking for it?
This is what the Tesla fans have been saying. That Tesla FSD is so good that everyone is gonna have to license from them.

Yet the Auto OEMs are either doing their own thing in-house or flocking to Mobileye and Huawei?

How come?
Stupidty or (typical) obstinance. All good though, most of them are KIA (even if they don't know it yet).

• Disagree
Reactions: Ramphex
Fairly simple answer, it Ain’t for sale. Your point?

Tesla's motors and batteries are objectively good. I'm not hearing about OEMs asking for those either. I don't think anything about quality can be inferred from this.

1. OEMs are not outsouring motors from a specific company, they are all mostly creating their own motors and architecture.
2. Tesla does NOT make its own batteries, they are outsourced from LG Chem, CATL and Panasonic. The only car company that make their own battery is BYD.

So your two counterpoints are unrelated.
Note that this is the thesis of prominent Tesla fans (that all autonomous cars will be Tesla or Tesla licensed), not my own.

Going back to what I said: according to suppliers like Mobileye, Huawei, etc. Car companies are searching for ADAS/AV suppliers and yet none are picking Tesla. Amnon said based on the number of car companies they are talking to, "by 2026-27, every carmaker will have an "eyes on/hands off" full ODD capability."

If Tesla is so far ahead, why is no one picking them? It should be a no brainer.

• Disagree
Reactions: EVNow