Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Your assuming is probably more though than Elon gave to it. Also seems very disingenuous to entice a sell with a product that will not be available on their new car. Talk about dishonest sales persons. 🤪

I wonder if Elon is pushing for demos of V12 because the FSD take rate is too low. The demo drives seem like an obvious attempt at upselling.

I wonder if Elon is pushing for demos of V12 because the FSD take rate is too low. The demo drives seem like an obvious attempt at upselling.
Yes but he should have thought about pushing it to 24.8.x before he fired off the email. It could likly take weeks to get it fully tested on a current software. Hope not but if history and safety is the guide then........

Last edited:
Reactions: diplomat33
Yes but he should have thought about pushing it to 24.8.x before he fired off the email. It could likly take weeks to get it fully tested on a current software. Hope not but if history and safety is the guide then........
It doesn't sound like it's a legit rumor.

The car has to calibrate and has to be on 2023 software.

Sometimes the calibration for FSD is 100 miles. Would people be upset if their new car had over 100 miles or service put 100 miles on the car?

Unless there are massive changes, this isn't feasible.

Why would he send that email that only concerns NA delivery/service to the "Everyone" group... that presumably includes every employee in the company world-wide, FTE and contractor/vendor as well? Tesla Energy folks, etc. If it said like "All FTE Service (North America)" or something I would find it more believable.

Reactions: mgs333
I don't know if the email is real. I thought the Whole Mars X post seemed to confirm it, but then when I actually went to X to see it, he had already said it was fake news.
I could go down to the service center and ask them but I'm sure this will be clarified by a lot of other people.

Between elaborate online pranks and deep fake AI, the human race is going to need to develop a much better BS detector. Another stress point in first world living.

Reactions: VanFriscia
I don't know if the email is real. I thought the Whole Mars X post seemed to confirm it, but then when I actually went to X to see it, he had already said it was fake news.
I could go down to the service center and ask them but I'm sure this will be clarified by a lot of other people.

Between elaborate online pranks and deep fake AI, the human race is going to need to develop a much better BS detector. Another stress point in first world living.
Enter: critical thinking

I think people who want believe that Tesla is stupid will think "yeah that sounds plausible, Tesla having to drive hours with the customers fits" while people want to believe that Tesla is super intelligent will think "this seems totally implausible, wholemars must have been joking". So take these moments as a chance to understand what bias you have.

The second "email", that reported free 12 month FSD for everyone, whas more obviously BS.
Much better idea than the original though!

This Tweet/X(Sh)eet only makes sense if they are rapidly moving everyone to the 2024 branch.

Otherwise it is just pure desperation, long expected.

Definitely, rolling v11 is not a selling point. My family has it free for a few months and I have recommended they not turn it on (advice they have followed). Will hope for the v12 transition so they can at least try that (hopefully minus the crippling and obvious bugs; it boggles the mind that they rolled with those present!).

Sadly looks like v12 may also be stillborn. Not seeing the rapid improvement in 12.3.1 people expected; looks like it is possibly game over there too. Hopefully not.

Last edited:
Reactions: KArnold and JHCCAZ
There being no 'roads to drive on' on the production floor. The factories are not that big.
;)
That was my initial thought, but thinking about it more, if they are only calibrating camera images why do then need to drive on a road? Or is it actually calibrating how the car moves/turns with respect to the cameras? It seems like they should be able to design a calibration setup that does this quicker than driving for 20+ miles