Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
True but you do realize Tesla likely gets hundred of thousands of interventions per day, not all of them are safety critical. It is still a lot of feedback to sift through to find the critical interventions from the not critical.
When you see Tesla reporting the ability to identify panicked drivers and angry drivers, you'll know they're making progress.

Reactions: diplomat33
True but you do realize Tesla likely gets hundred of thousands of interventions per day, not all of them are safety critical. It is still a lot of feedback to sift through to find the critical interventions from the not critical.
My feedback may not be of much help. I cannot remember the last time I had a critical safety disengagement.

Imagine if I gave you a million books and told you to find the words "on a breezy cool night". It would be hard to go through all those books to find that exact wording.
I'd Google for it because Google has indexed everything for search. I assume Tesla is going to do the same thing with their video library. They'll run it through the V11 tools that were processing the information so that human-created driving heuristics could examine it. Instead of driving heuristics, they'll use search heuristics. So they process the clips once and then search many times. As they develop the search heuristics and their own expertise with using them, they'll be able to find the data they need.

I'd Google for it because Google has indexed everything for search. I assume Tesla is going to do the same thing with their video library. They'll run it through the V11 tools that were processing the information so that human-created driving heuristics could examine it. Instead of driving heuristics, they'll use search heuristics. So they process the clips once and then search many times. As they develop the search heuristics and their own expertise with using them, they'll be able to find the data they need.
James Douma explained this as: "The fleet is a search engine, not a tape recorder."

Tesla talked about this on an AI day. They can query the fleet for examples resembling a clip/situation they're having trouble with.

James Douma explained this as: "The fleet is a search engine, not a tape recorder."

Tesla talked about this on an AI day. They can query the fleet for examples resembling a clip/situation they're having trouble with.
As we've seen, that's not enough. They need simulations and real world test drivers for months (almost a year at this point) and still haven't made progress on some issues.

Sounds like @AlanSubie4Life is the only one generating interventions these days. Will they need to extend the free trial to get more data?
He ain't the only one. With 12.3.6 the car has been hugging the right lane of a three-lane high-speed road, nominal speed limit of 50 mph, with people in the left lane going 55+. The right lane moves at 35 mph with semis and little-old-somebodies crawling along. The car's not trying to move over one or two lanes and attempts to get over using the turn signal lever results in the signal getting cancelled.

It's happened at least thrice over the last few days. I've been intervening and complaining that the car's moving too slow.

Last edited:
I took the fleet thing as a joke, he even put the LOL emoji afterwards

I interpreted the lol emoji to refer to a bunch of Teslas getting stuck in the same place. I think Elon was saying that having a bunch of Teslas getting stuck in the same place would be funny. I don't think Elon was saying that notifying the fleet is a joke.

Elon implies 12.4 will be hands-free, in some capacity:

I will be happy when FSD is officially hands-free. There are definitely long stretches where I could go hands-free because FSD handles things well. My concern is more with the sudden "take over immediately" alerts that can be super jarring. And if there are no nags, and we are able to go hands-free for long periods of time, there will be some complacency that will set in and then to suddenly get a loud strident alert, can be very unsettling. So I think Tesla needs to make the "take over" alert process smoother, more gentle.

STOP the press.......Elon and Omar kissed 💋 and made up?👬😲

Wonder if this will be on all cars, even the ones without IR transmitters? Has Tesla perfected "Deep Eyes" 👀 tracking and is it on par with "Deep Rain"? Wait........I had 2 dry wipes today so not sure it "Deep Rain" is perfected yet.

Could be Elon meant he "Fixed" his strained relationship with Omar 🤣 🤣 🤣 and not eliminating nag. Of course he has promised this before so a HUGE grain of salt.

Reactions: DrGriz