Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amber Heard CONFIRMS relationship with billionaire Musk | Daily Mail Online
3F8B3E8400000578-4438648-image-m-71_1492999212326.jpg

Yes, Mr Musk is speaking in the week's Vancouver TED "The Future You" talks; he is in the closing session #11 between 9:15 and noon Friday - the one entitled The Future Us.

That session's hosts are Chris Anderson, Kelly Stoetzel and Helen Walters.

In another thread we learned that tickets are ouchily expensive....thank goodness they're already sold out.

Yes, Mr Musk is speaking in the week's Vancouver TED "The Future You" talks; he is in the closing session #11 between 9:15 and noon Friday - the one entitled The Future Us.

That session's hosts are Chris Anderson, Kelly Stoetzel and Helen Walters.

In another thread we learned that tickets are ouchily expensive....thank goodness they're already sold out.
I almost forgot that Elon is speaking at this year's TED here in Vancouver... thx for the reminder

fyi anyone who's interested and happens to be here in town on 4/28 can watch a live stream at the Vancouver Public Library, downtown main branch, or also at Kits or Renfrew branches

so I went to the library's free live stream of the final TED session, including a half-hour segment with Elon Musk talking with host Chris Anderson about all sorts of things, including The Boring Company, solar roofs, autonomous cars, Tesla semi-trailer, gigafactories, SpaceX etc. An interesting discussion.

Learned that his idea for digging tunnels was a lot more elaborate than I thought - includes elevators taking your car down from street level and your car sitting on a "skate" zooming you through a 3D network of tunnels at 200kph. Elon also mentioned there'll likely be 4 new gigafactories, locations to be announced sometime late this year, "for the global market".

don't know if or when TED will post video of the whole session, but in the meantime here's a brief video he showed today about the tunnel concept:

p.s.
I expect he will be talking about Neuralink.
funny thing is, Neuralink was one of the few things he didn't talk about! Not enough time

Last edited:
p.s. Just remembered one more little tidbit from the TED session I thought was interesting...
Elon teased a silhouetted photo of the previously announced Tesla semi truck. But he also said he's driven it around the parking lot, and that it's fun and nimble to drive, like a sports car (would love to see Elon doing donuts around the parking lot...). I didn't realize the Tesla truck already existed, I thought it was only a concept so far

so I went to the library's free live stream of the final TED session, including a half-hour segment with Elon Musk talking with host Chris Anderson about all sorts of things, including The Boring Company, solar roofs, autonomous cars, Tesla semi-trailer, gigafactories, SpaceX etc. An interesting discussion.

Learned that his idea for digging tunnels was a lot more elaborate than I thought - includes elevators taking your car down from street level and your car sitting on a "skate" zooming you through a 3D network of tunnels at 200kph. Elon also mentioned there'll likely be 4 new gigafactories, locations to be announced sometime late this year, "for the global market".

don't know if or when TED will post video of the whole session, but in the meantime here's a brief video he showed today about the tunnel concept:

p.s.

funny thing is, Neuralink was one of the few things he didn't talk about! Not enough time

Good idea! An important detail is missing from video: Imagine street view when elevator is down.

Perhaps (underground) parking places should also be added. Skate takes car to parking place. Another one passengers closer to their destination.

Last edited:
TED blog post briefly describing the interview yesterday with Elon What will the future look like? Elon Musk speaks at TED2017

One misstatement by the writer, quote "Tesla Model 3 is coming in July, Musk says, and it’ll have a special feature: autopilot."

That makes it sound like the Model 3 is the first Tesla with autopilot, and that it will be a standard feature. Very poorly worded sentence.

• Informative
Reactions: cdub
TED blog post briefly describing the interview yesterday with Elon What will the future look like? Elon Musk speaks at TED2017

One misstatement by the writer, quote "Tesla Model 3 is coming in July, Musk says, and it’ll have a special feature: autopilot."

That makes it sound like the Model 3 is the first Tesla with autopilot, and that it will be a standard feature. Very poorly worded sentence.
Jeez.. Sounds like Buzzfeed wrote that!

• Disagree
Reactions: f-stop
p.s. Just remembered one more little tidbit from the TED session I thought was interesting...
Elon teased a silhouetted photo of the previously announced Tesla semi truck. But he also said he's driven it around the parking lot, and that it's fun and nimble to drive, like a sports car (would love to see Elon doing donuts around the parking lot...). I didn't realize the Tesla truck already existed, I thought it was only a concept so far
Concept truck

It seems to me like Elon stammers a lot more than he use to. I wonder if all of that stress and sleep deprivation is taking a toll on him. I'm a little worried about him. Hopefully Amber can help him de-stress, but she will probably only make his sleep debt worse.

He stammers a lot sometimes, I doubt it's stress or Amber.

Can someone link the video?

Status
Not open for further replies.