Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the good news is that, alongside everything else, Tesla seem to working on male hair restoratives:

Tesla-Model-3-red.png

Forget smooth-as-silk, your next upgrade will be big-and-bushy.

IBM's Watson thinks Elon Musk is America's most cautious tech CEO:
Elon Musk is the most cautious CEO in tech, according to IBM's supercomputer

And here we all are thinking the guy is a big risk-taker. Who are we to argue with the computer that beat Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter in "Jeopardy!"? ;) The rankings we're based on analysis of communications from various CEOs. Musk was found to take calculated risks in his decision-making rather than shooting from the hip. So, risk-taking and caution are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

Last edited:
Get a grip guys.

Elon is as human as the rest of you. As the cliche goes, he puts on pants one leg at a time, farts, has failed relationships, child support issues, a troubled childhood story, and makes occasional bad life choices (who doesn't). Being in business, you will get blamed for a lot of nonsense from disgruntled employees, especially the ones that made bad choices to leave a company, or reach a level of performance that got them fired, losing out on stock options that eventually soared to atmospheric levels and created "Teslanaires" at even staff levels.

What separates Elon from the rest of the herd, is that he has a much lower risk aversion than most, and is willing to gamble his nest egg for a variety of ventures.

We might all learn something here.

Get a grip guys.

Elon is as human as the rest of you. As the cliche goes, he puts on pants one leg at a time, farts, has failed relationships, child support issues, a troubled childhood story, and makes occasional bad life choices (who doesn't). Being in business, you will get blamed for a lot of nonsense from disgruntled employees, especially the ones that made bad choices to leave a company, or reach a level of performance that got them fired, losing out on stock options that eventually soared to atmospheric levels and created "Teslanaires" at even staff levels.

What separates Elon from the rest of the herd, is that he has a much lower risk aversion than most, and is willing to gamble his nest egg for a variety of ventures.

We might all learn something here.
Is this in response to a particular post in this thread where someone was perhaps expecting perfection from Mr. Musk? Otherwise, it seems like a non sequitur.

Is this in response to a particular post in this thread where someone was perhaps expecting perfection from Mr. Musk? Otherwise, it seems like a non sequitur.
I believe it was Plato who once said, "Judge a man not by his personal life, but by the number and scale of rocket and electric car and tunnel making companies he runs."

I've been worried about AI ever since I saw that Star Trek episode, titled "The Changeling" when it first aired in 1967. See The Changeling (Star Trek: The Original Series) - Wikipedia . That was a very scary episode for a 13-year old, and it still scares me. I wonder if Elon has seen it.

Elon grew up voraciously reading science fiction and I think he was a big fan of the original Star Trek. I'm sure he has seen every episode.

We've been watching a documentary that ran on the National Geographic channel in 2015 or 2016 called Generation X. One episode talks about the popular culture things that influenced the generation and Star Trek was one of the first they talked about. I was only a few month old when the show premiered, but I grew up with the re-runs on local TV (channel 13 in Los Angeles, KCOP) throughout my childhood. I saw every episode multiple times. Even the kids I knew who weren't into Star Trek knew common phrases like "he's dead Jim!"

Several years back there was also a documentary hosted by Shatner on how the technology of Star Trek influenced the world since. Quite a few technology inventors of the late 20th century and the last decade admitted their ideas were influenced by Star Trek.

Elon shows a lot of Star Trek influence. Gene Rodenbury was an optimist who believed we could solve the problems of today and craft a better future. Elon has that same vision. He's a technologist rather than a storyteller, so he goes about making the future rather than tell stories about it.

Reactions: GoTslaGo and landis
Status
Not open for further replies.