Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But otherwise like I understood? Musk et al founded empty shell, which took debt and then merged with Twitter and now twitter is responsible for that debt?

Yes, but this is nothing new. They have loans to purchase Twitter, so those loans would be wrapped up in the purchase of the company. They would not be personal loans, that would be very unusual for a corporate acquisition.

Has been fun to see so many people I follow lose their minds. Imo what we are witnessing is that lots of people are going into the princess archetype, in contrast to the queen archetype. The princess cares about what some other princess said, who is friends with who, they love drama, think reputation is the most important thing etc etc. It's an immature archetype. Eventually she matures into a queen, where she cares more about her people and her kingdom than the latest court gossip.

Many people focus so much more on words than deeds. They will literally boycott Tesla, the company that electrified the auto industry because they heard someone say that the founder said some bad words. Then they will buy a VW instead, a company started by Hitler, that gassed monkeys to test how poisonous their cars were,
that lied and cheated on the emission testing, their diesels killing and harming thousands every year.

Just because some other princess told them that Elon has said some bad words and if she associates with him she would risk getting a bad reputation. Because reputation and drama matters a lot more than deeds to these princesses.

So buy from the company that currently supports Hitler lite type candidates now in 2022 or buy from a company that right now in 2022 has nothing to do with Hitler. Hmmmmmmm……

Last edited:
So buy from the company that currently supports Hitler lite type candidates now in 2022 or buy from a company that right now in 2022 has nothing to do with Hitler. Hmmmmmmm……

VW is killing people TODAY with diesel and petrol cars, Tesla is not.

Also, VW is supporting China's oppresion of Uyghurs:

Cmon, Tesla doesn't support any hitler lite type candidates... Be real. Elon might support some that some people find to be like Hitler, but that's Elon, not Tesla. I am sure lots of other car companies have CEO that supports far worse. You think the Chinese leadership is much better than Desantis and Yang? You think the Chaebols running Kia and Hyandai are better?

I've seen first hand how a cult can transform someone in ways you'd never think possible. A mechanical engineer that I first met nearly 30 years ago when we both were taking a class on principles of ocean physics recently told me that global warming is a hoax. I asked him in what way it was a hoax? After some back and forth his final answer was that the physics of radiative heat transfer was BS. He wasn't able to explain why that was so, or how the physics should be modified to be corrected. This is a person who was/is a capable engineer who was definitely left of center way back when, voted for Obama twice, rejected Trump in 2016 (but also refuse to vote for Hilary) and I would never in a million years had though would repudiate physics based on political opinions. But that's what's happened in just 6 or so years.

It makes me fearful what more change could happen to Elon and how quickly it could happen. I sure hope it doesn't go that way.

VW is killing people TODAY with diesel and petrol cars, Tesla is not.

Also, VW is supporting China's oppresion of Uyghurs:

You might have an academic point but Elon is dominating the news and pop culture—right now—with his alt right troll shtick and it’s working…for Twitter. This is really devastating for Tesla.

I think anybody eschewing Twitter for Mastodon is in for a rude awakening. Aside from being less user friendly, that’s where you’ll legit find the 4chan crowd which is….colorful in verbiage to say the least.
That didn't answer my question though. Is there any explanation for Elon's lashing out at Mastadon in such a repugnant way? Is Elon lashing out at random targets now, without provocation, assuming that everyone is his enemy now?

Here is his original tweet.

Has been fun to see so many people I follow lose their minds. Imo what we are witnessing is that lots of people are going into the princess archetype, in contrast to the queen archetype. The princess cares about what some other princess said, who is friends with who, they love drama, think reputation is the most important thing etc etc. It's an immature archetype. Eventually she matures into a queen, where she cares more about her people and her kingdom than the latest court gossip.

Many people focus so much more on words than deeds. They will literally boycott Tesla, the company that electrified the auto industry because they heard someone say that the founder said some bad words. Then they will buy a VW instead, a company started by Hitler, that gassed monkeys to test how poisonous their cars were,
that lied and cheated on the emission testing, their diesels killing and harming thousands every year.

Just because some other princess told them that Elon has said some bad words and if she associates with him she would risk getting a bad reputation. Because reputation and drama matters a lot more than deeds to these princesses.
Or they might buy a Polestar.
VW hardly only make out there.
Now explain why his antics are good for EV adaption.

That didn't answer my question though. Is there any explanation for Elon's lashing out at Mastadon in such a repugnant way? Is Elon lashing out at random targets now, without provocation, assuming that everyone is his enemy now?

Here is his original tweet.

In the days of TSLAQ, part of the short argument was that Musk was a self-destructive narcissist. Lashing out unnecessarily at critics/threats has always been his brand. He enjoys punching down. It made more sense, sort of, when the critic was talking about battery fires. No matter that said critic was not a real critic or threat.

I plan to hold through this storm, but any Tesla investors who are cheering on the Tweetpocalypse are celebrating Musk’s worst instincts.

Has been fun to see so many people I follow lose their minds. Imo what we are witnessing is that lots of people are going into the princess archetype, in contrast to the queen archetype. The princess cares about what some other princess said, who is friends with who, they love drama, think reputation is the most important thing etc etc.
Or, just maybe, they simply read what Elon posts and don't like it.

If Elon were genuinely advocating for a balance of power he would also have suggested that people vote for Democratic governors in states with Republican legislatures. Like Texas.

But what he's actually doing is something different.
or advocate back in 2018 to vote DEMOCRAT in the name of balance of power (back then WH / House/ Senate were in (R) control) ... somehow I must have missed that endorsement ...

Status
Not open for further replies.