Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my Taptes seat covers over 1 year, these seat covers are beyond my expectations. But the installation is a little bit complicated, you could do some research on YouTube, there are some review videos for their seat covers. Hope this could help you.

<Moderator Edit> This is an astroturfing vendor pumping their own product. Disregard posts from this now-banned member.

Last edited by a moderator:
AbsolutistAudie here:

Keep this thread on point, with an absolute minimum of yuk-yuks, mindless copy-pasting of others' memes and other such crutches in lieu of productive use of your AND OTHERS' time by, you know, actually writing something.

Active, human moderation! This is what Twitter needs. I will attempt to comply in honor of what I think Elon needs to accomplish on his new adventure

Reactions: advocate8
with an absolute minimum of yuk-yuks, mindless copy-pasting of others' memes and other such crutches in lieu of productive use of your AND OTHERS' time
Might be very productive to post that in a reply to Elon on Twitter! I hadn’t noticed all that much of the above here; just a lot of tiresome political back and forth in lieu of discussion about Elon’s mental state.

In other news, I am confused about why Elon now thinks mDAU has any legitimacy whatsoever? I guess if I had seen a Tweet from him where he said actually mDAU made sense after all, and it’s not a measure of bot activity to any significant degree, as constructed, I would be less confused about this turn of events. I thought it was all a fraud and we needed to stay tuned. Is this what he meant?

I’m also curious about how mDAU behaved in the lead up to 2020 elections. A disproportionate amount of the mDAU growth seems to be coming from the US. 5% in US or so vs 3% or so elsewhere. But of course there is worldwide interest in US elections, too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
(Reminder: he said he wants a balance of power in Washington to avoid extreme policies from either side. What a horrible standpoint…)
If Elon were genuinely advocating for a balance of power he would also have suggested that people vote for Democratic governors in states with Republican legislatures. Like Texas.

But what he's actually doing is something different.

If Elon were genuinely advocating for a balance of power he would also have suggested that people vote for Democratic governors in states with Republican legislatures. Like Texas.

But what he's actually doing is something different.

I think we can all see Elon says he advocates for the "moderates" but has jumped the full tribal shark

I just saw a post that Elon made (and deleted), mocking the Mastadon site by calling it "Masterbatedone". Targets of his negative tweets in the past have had some cause, even if sometimes overreactions or misguided.

I'm not familiar with Mastadon though. Can someone, especially any Elon supporters, explain what justification there might be for this?

If there isn't any other than Mastadon being a "competitor", lashing out so crudely is mean-spirited and unwarranted. Certainly some people including me would question if Elon is losing it. That cannot be a good thing when I have so much vested in his company.

I just saw a post that Elon made (and deleted), mocking the Mastadon site by calling it "Masterbatedone". Targets of his negative tweets in the past have had some cause, even if sometimes overreactions or misguided.

I'm not familiar with Mastadon though. Can someone, especially any Elon supporters, explain what justification there might be for this?

If there isn't any other than Mastadon being a "competitor", lashing out so crudely is mean-spirited and unwarranted. Certainly some people including me would question if Elon is losing it. That cannot be a good thing when I have so much vested in his company.
I think anybody eschewing Twitter for Mastodon is in for a rude awakening. Aside from being less user friendly, that’s where you’ll legit find the 4chan crowd which is….colorful in verbiage to say the least.

Has been fun to see so many people I follow lose their minds. Imo what we are witnessing is that lots of people are going into the princess archetype, in contrast to the queen archetype. The princess cares about what some other princess said, who is friends with who, they love drama, think reputation is the most important thing etc etc. It's an immature archetype. Eventually she matures into a queen, where she cares more about her people and her kingdom than the latest court gossip.

Many people focus so much more on words than deeds. They will literally boycott Tesla, the company that electrified the auto industry because they heard someone say that the founder said some bad words. Then they will buy a VW instead, a company started by Hitler, that gassed monkeys to test how poisonous their cars were,
that lied and cheated on the emission testing, their diesels killing and harming thousands every year.

Just because some other princess told them that Elon has said some bad words and if she associates with him she would risk getting a bad reputation. Because reputation and drama matters a lot more than deeds to these princesses.

Last edited:
Viral marketing in action! I checked out the Mastodon site. It looked interesting so I applied for an account. Thanks Elon!

This piece has some inside information that's new to me, as well as the usual innuendo and bashing.

I posted that elsewhere on 11/5/22. Techmeme's description was "Sources describe Twitter after mass layoffs: key teams gutted, severance packages account for WARN Act, ad hoc directories of remaining workers in Google Docs".

It appears your read is correct. The group purchased Twitter using debt and that debt was rolled into the company as a liability. So you are correct that Twitter is holding the debt now, with the principals (Musk et al) being responsible for servicing that debt through the company.

Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding!
Somewhere term "merger" was mentioned. Perhaps Musk et. al founded a SPAC for the deal, SPAC took debt and then Twitter and SPAC merged and now Twitter has that debt?

Status
Not open for further replies.