Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure it's per month.

Which means China could afford to do it for 64 months out of every 12. At just the amount they were spending 2 years ago- and they've increased spending massively year over year.

Not to mention what Russia has spent, which is allegedly much higher each year.

Plus, of course, as BitJam notes, unless a LARGE percentage of users go blue checkmark, the bots will happily keep pounding away with tons of free accounts too

(I mean, really, even if more than half of real users go blue checkmark, they'll STILL pound away with free bots, because the marginal cost of them is nearly zero)
Elon’s pretty tight with the Chinese government. Surely he’d offer a discount.

Not just me, the entire market. The next best model sells like 10% of Model 3/Y in US.

But Polestar had a 243% increase in sales!

The numbers are pretty impressive - Tesla’s combined sales are over ⅔ of the entire EV market. The next closest is the Mustang Mach E at 4.9%, or Hyundai Ioniq/Kia EV 6 @ 6.2% if you combine them.

There are other ways to look at that data, though. FIrst is the sheer number of EVs on the market compared to what it was 2 or 3 years ago. I don’t expect any of them to knock Tesla off it’s throne in the next 6 months but the fact remains that there is a lot more competition today than there was even last year.

The other fact to keep in mind is that supply constraints significantly limited sales last year. Tesla was also affected by them but to a lesser degree.

The past and present are quite clear. The question is the future.

If Elon is able to make Twitter a better place than it was before he bought it, I think he will win over a lot of current skeptics/haters. I think that will have a positive impact on TSLA. Basically the opposite of the current Twitter overhang.

He could do a lot if he just shut up and went to work instead of picking fights with almost every single group who's help he needs (employees, advertisers, content creators)

Crap article:
Author doesn't understand 'official' vs 'verified'. Verified means tied to a phone # & credit card, official means this is the person/ entity named.

It's own example shows that Twitter does catch bad actors, including payement/ identity details. Thus incurring the monetary penalty and potential id ban.

Tries to tie earlier statements on perma-bans to banning malicious actors as a pivot.

Elon did not argue with anyone on the Spaces meeting, he answered questions. And his answers were more definitive than the article's version (which is self contradictory in the sane sentence, or purposely confuses the speaker) .

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
Crap article:
Author doesn't understand 'official' vs 'verified'. Verified means tied to a phone # & credit card, official means this is the person/ entity named.

It's own example shows that Twitter does catch bad actors, including payement/ identity details. Thus incurring the monetary penalty and potential id ban.

Tries to tie earlier statements on perma-bans to banning malicious actors as a pivot.

Elon did not argue with anyone on the Spaces meeting, he answered questions. And his answers were more definitive than the article's version (which is self contradictory in the sane sentence, or purposely confuses the speaker) .
…and how many people reading tweets understand the difference? Not the twitter diehards and tech savvy, just the average people. I’d be willing to bet the majority don’t, and that’s the point.

In 1st 2 weeks, seems Elon has found atleast one guy he trusts ... and is OK with being visible
Hope he finds a good team and a CEO soon.
Not to dismiss efforts at improving the platform but I have to wonder - is this like the FSD release notes that say “improved lane selection by 42.3%” which sounds good but isn’t really noticeable in daily driving.

…and how many people reading tweets understand the difference? Not the twitter diehards and tech savvy, just the average people. I’d be willing to bet the majority don’t, and that’s the point.
In that case the article is even worse since people who don't know then think it's supposed to be what it isn't and never was given the alledged back door payoffs to get the checkmark.

Elon's new $8 verification got shut down a few hours after launching.
I think it's just the gray check "Official" designation that's gone, not the blue check. Also this really belongs in the Elon and Twitter thread.

“I just killed it,” tweeted Twitter’s billionaire owner Elon Musk, responding to a tweet about the gray check disappearing. “Blue check will be the great leveler.”

twitter currently is AWFUL to use when you search for latest election updates/ county updates etc. it feels like 2/3rds of tweets showing are coming from "verified" accounts (shocker, they get pushed by algo as Elon promised) but most aren't "verified" like in the pre-Elon days (aka. journalists/ political commentators, folks with a LOT of followers)... nah... a lot of fresh accounts with less than 5k followers who just "bought" their verification. Very hard now to decide who actually follows country election boards versus who is just trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.