Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And after all the turmoil from TMC posters the last few weeks stating Elon was too proud to ever apologize for making a mistake............here is proof he can do just that!

1668551483531.png

Yeah yeah yeah, you are becoming a broken record. We know you have an axe to grind.
Tesla earned it, and continues to earn it, by pushing out software that hasn't been properly tested. Fool me once, shame on you. But I really don't get why some people voluntarily beta test software for Tesla. If I'm beta testing software for a company, I expect that company to be paying me. Not fixing the charge port slamming down immediately after I removed the connector for 2 months was the last straw.

Last edited:
I'm sure Elon has run every company in the same manner. There were mass firings at Tesla back in the early Roadster days when he took over and there are plenty of stories of him rage firing people in his line of sight at the wrong time. This is just the first time we're seeing it happen in real time on Twitter.

And he got away with it at those two places because they were doing amazing engineering work and being successful in such a manner that it was easy to replace the good people who got rage-fired with other good people.

What's going on at Twitter is the opposite. No one of quality is gonna want to work there, and they will lose their best and brightest with no ability to replace them with anything but low talent sycophants who's main skill is knowing when to duck, not how to code.

The baseline expectation of Twitter employees is different. That’s just basic psychology. I’m sure they all view the rough times as being caused by Elon’s acquisition (they mostly are!).
Anyway, we’ve got a lot of names of employees who got fired. It seems like we’ll see if they are able to find a better job that more closely matches their expectations.
There definitely seem to be a lot of salty people rooting against them on Twitter!
They won't. These kids really think getting some +votes and banning together with an emoji will do wonders for their careers? Yeah they will get some 15mins of fame from Business Insider but as for career wise, it's a torpedo unless they end up working for Dan O Dowd. Best case is to go the youtube/social media route and be a Musk hater and capitalize on the 15 min of fame.

Any employer will google this person's name and find that they are trouble makers and can potentially start some kind of mutiny at your own business if the coffee is too hot or something. All the big guns are arrogant a-holes that are more or less inline with Musk. Think you build multi billion dollar businesses by being easy on your staff?

Tesla earned it, and continues to earn it, by pushing out software that hasn't been properly tested. Fool me once, shame on you. But I really don't get why some people voluntarily beta test software for Tesla. If I'm beta testing software for a company, I expect that company to be paying me. Not fixing the charge port slamming down for 2 months was the last straw. No more beta testing.
That's why (plus build quality) why I got the new Mach-E after 6 years with an S.

Tesla earned it, and continues to earn it, by pushing out software that hasn't been properly tested. Fool me once, shame on you. But I really don't get why some people voluntarily beta test software for Tesla. If I'm beta testing software for a company, I expect that company to be paying me. Not fixing the charge port slamming down for 2 months was the last straw. No more beta testing.

Dan (O'Dowd), is that you?

"Well, I’m not sure precisely what [the president] had in mind, but we are – we have really no basis – to the best of my knowledge – to examine his finances of his company," she said in an interview with CBS News. "I’m not aware of concerns that would cause us to [investigate]."
Right, not remotely what you said. I know, I know, she was speaking code...

They won't. These kids really think getting some +votes and banning together with an emoji will do wonders for their careers? Yeah they will get some 15mins of fame from Business Insider but as for career wise, it's a torpedo unless they end up working for Dan O Dowd. Best case is to go the youtube/social media route and be a Musk hater and capitalize on the 15 min of fame.

Any employer will google this person's name and find that they are trouble makers and can potentially start some kind of mutiny at your own business if the coffee is too hot or something. All the big guns are arrogant a-holes that are more or less inline with Musk. Think you build multi billion dollar businesses by being easy on your staff?
I don't think Sunbeam employees were punished for Al Dunlop trashing the company. (On the other hand, Enron.)

That's why (plus build quality) why I got the new Mach-E after 6 years with an S.
Hahaha, okay. Glad you went from beta testing for Tesla to beta testing for Ford.

"Electric vehicles are among the least reliable cars and trucks in the automotive industry today, according to Consumer Reports rankings released Tuesday."
"Reliability issues with all-electric vehicles were expected, since most automakers, with the exception of early EV leader Tesla, launched fully electric models just in recent years."

Hahaha, okay. Glad you went from beta testing for Tesla to beta testing for Ford.

"Electric vehicles are among the least reliable cars and trucks in the automotive industry today, according to Consumer Reports rankings released Tuesday."
"Reliability issues with all-electric vehicles were expected, since most automakers, with the exception of early EV leader Tesla, launched fully electric models just in recent years."

That is sad. Whatever happened to the "EV's are more reliable because they have fewer parts" schtick?

Musk says Biden is benefiting from Money Laundering

Nah, he’s only asking questions. Haha.
The citizen journalists of Twitter will find the truth!
What always bugs me about Elon’s complaints about the media is that he could spend a small fraction of what he paid for Twitter to actually hire investigative journalists to answer these questions for him.

Nah, he’s only asking questions. Haha.
The citizen journalists of Twitter will find the truth!
What always bugs me about Elon’s complaints about the media is that he could spend a small fraction of what he paid for Twitter to actually hire investigative journalists to answer these questions for him.
Murdoch is only worth $7B, for example.

Anyway yeah I am not sure what happened to Pravda. Maybe that name would not be popular anymore for some reason? That could have transitioned into a news organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.