Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The richest person in the world used part of his fortune to buy one of the world’s largest media platforms, then reinstated previously banned neo-Nazis and peddlers of hate speech, then allegedly changed its algorithms to make his posts into the platform’s most popular, and is now defending a racist cartoonist and criticizing the media as being racist against white people. Next?

Would have worked if he did it 5 years ago. At this point though, he will be accused of kowtowing to the CCP if he does, and he'll be accused of allowing conspiracy theories to propagate on Twitter if he does not. The CCP has cornered Elon into a "damned if he does, damned if he does not" scenario and it's his fault for allowing them to do so.

Elon loves to call out the U.S. Government and its officials when he can, let's see if he has the sack to do it against the CCP. Bet he doesn't. He isn't dammed is he does. This isn't a conspiracy theory of where COVID originated from, it's almost 99% FACT if got out of a lab. The whole story about a market and bats if non sense, smh.

• Disagree
Reactions: TSLY
Elon loves to call out the U.S. Government and its officials when he can, let's see if he has the sack to do it against the CCP. Bet he doesn't. He isn't dammed is he does. This isn't a conspiracy theory of where COVID originated from, it's almost 99% FACT if got out of a lab. The whole story about a market and bats if non sense, smh.
Citation needed here. The interview I watched the FBI director used words like “likely” and “probable” and shared absolutely zero evidence. So I’m not sure where you’re getting this 99% stuff…

Citation needed here. The interview I watched the FBI director used words like “likely” and “probable” and shared absolutely zero evidence. So I’m not sure where you’re getting this 99% stuff…
Had WHO been permitted to even look at the lab-leak theory by the Chinese government, we might have some idea about the odds of that. But as it is, we only know the market side of the equation. Maybe someone with Covid from exposure to the lab sneezed in a cage at the market and started it all. We'll likely never get to know.

It's reasonable to ask questions. But agreed, not 99%.

Reactions: 30seconds
I’m not sure what the big controversy is if it was leaked from a lab… accidents happen. However, after it was known the actions by the CCP were criminal. Elon can finally do something good for humanity by releasing whatever he thinks is evidence from CREDIBLE sources.

I stand by the 99%, those lives will never come back regardless of how it happened. But the whole “wet market” is iffy to me. Either way knowing the truth and fixing the errors is key.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Remember this quantitative assessment of common descriptive words?

Remember this quantitative assessment of common descriptive words?

Definitely a big issue in today’s society. People willing to be 99% postive about something with absolutely no concrete evidence. Like all the goofballs that went on about a stolen election. We have a lot of gullible and easily manipulated people out there who are susceptible to misinformation and it’s definitely hurting us as a society.

A lot of things would be different if China were a democracy. However as things are, I think continuous public blaming of China may only drive the powers in charge into an even more defensive position in this matter. As far as I recall, several who worked in Wuhan have been fired quite early in the process, at least for the way they responded or didn't.

It appears that most experts agree that a variety of causes are possible in general, regardless of how it happened in this case. So overly emphasizing one of the possibilities has the danger of neglecting other posssibilities for the future.

We have seen how much damage such a virus can do even in modern times. So it is surely good to recalibrate risk assessments for *all* possible causes.

Last but not least, my impression is that attempts to assign public blame to specific causes can be a means to avert attention from the need for the public to respond, or rather the unwillingness to respond, considering the inevitability of new viruses for natural causes. In other words, for political reasons, or driven by anti vaccination sentiments. Find a fall guy and be done with it. I remember a South Korean analysis which found that the occurences of new viruses are a general problem in recent times.

Filling the information space with misinformation, speculation and pushing theories with no or weak evidence in such times is especially dangerous since it takes away from valid information, valid evidence and what needs to be done at that point in time. And from a valid amount of challenge to each and every authority, in a democracy. There were so many self-proclaimed know it alls popping up that the most well-staffed institutes or agencies wouldn't be able to address each with a serious examination of their ideas or theories (and still do their own work). And the intention doesn't seem to be to increase their funding either.

And by the way, it seems the non-pharma medical field is understaffed and underfunded in general.

He was quite good during investor day. same old Good Elon on that sort of topic. We can quibble on how much of the content was Battery Day/FSD-type spin but he’s an effective and inspiring communicator on that sort of topic.
Wish he’d stay away from Twitter, which makes him maybe kind of less Howard Hughes than Dr Jekyll/Mr. Hyde. He’s waaaay out of his depth on human interaction and geopolitics etc.

for me...it's sorta like the case of Frank Lloyd Wright. Obviously a gifted Architect who produced work worthy of high praise...but as a man, not so much. Love the Art, not the man.

The problem is the man isn't making any art currently. So this is more like if Frank Lloyd Wright bought Twitter and spent all his time *sugar* posting and stopped making... whatever it is that Wright made, fidget spinners? I really don't know much about art.

Reactions: advocate8
Status
Not open for further replies.