Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But like I said, until more facts come out, I'm assuming, right or wrong that the other guy didn't set out to purposely kill him.

According to an eyewitness account, a homeless man was killed because he yelling at passengers that he was hungry, thirsty, and tired of having nothing. Charges should be brought forth. A man was killed and, intentional or not, a court of law needs to determine culpability.

Man dies after being put in a chokehold by another rider on New York City subway, officials say. The DA is investigating

Vazquez quoted Neely as saying: "I don't care if I die. I don't care if I go to jail. I don't have any food ... I'm done."
Vazquez told CNN it didn't seem like Neely was armed or looking to attack anyone.
Neely did not argue or have any interaction with the man who put him into a chokehold.

Vazquez told CNN that Neely did not try to attack anyone. He said he did not see Neely with a weapon, despite someone else being heard on his video claiming that Neely had a knife. He said he saw Neely's frustration but not "any intent to attack any person."

This is why you shouldn’t intervene …… let people get stabbed, punched, beaten up…… and then the Cancel culture will come after you for “why didn’t you do anything”. You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Now this crap has turned political instead of letting authorities do their job without influence. People protesting one day after before an investigation is complete, politicians on their Twitter spreading nonsense. Our country is just screwed.

As far as pictures of the shooting, yeah we need to see more of those. Maybe reality will sink in for some people and see that it’s not a game or “crisis actors” smh

What are you doing on this thread, then? :rolleyes: I'm not going to tl;dr; a thread on Twitter for you when that is the primary topic of this thread.

I'm mostly following this thread to see how Musk can turn around Twitter and how the employees (the 10% left) are doing. I'm not one to start using a social media product nor support one that I don't care about. We'll just see what the investigation finds.

Like with this thread already, I've reached the point of caring less about what's actually posted on Twitter content wise because it's 1 person's opinion (because the Internet is always true right? /s) and more about actual factual information, real $$ they are making or when Elon will actually move their HQ to Texas (assuming some landlord would be willing to lease him office space).

Last edited:
I don't think it's a stretch to say that the guy who put him in the choke hold wasn't trying to kill him on purpose. Downsides of these cases/situations has always been people are just not going to do a thing when they see problems in society unless their own lives/family were physically attacked, and even then, you practically have to wait for someone else to physically attack you first before you can do a thing. A lot of times, you don't know what can happen and a sucker punch could get you killed.

You try to help, get arrested or threatened you'll be hanged/killed by public media/society.

I think police response hasn't been the fastest lately neither and this guy had to hold this guy down for over 15 minutes?

It's an unfortunate situation and we should get more information as time goes on for this case, but it's a doomed if you do, doomed if you don't scenario for folks who might want to help, which in turn, makes society as a whole simply just don't care because there is 0 upside to step in.

Just saw this Opinion piece, I thought this part was relevant to Elon:

“the fantasy of the empowered self-made man, the one who is free to say and do whatever they want, the epitome of a particular American dream, unfettered individualism, beholden to no one.” Except, of course, that’s a fantasy — being beholden to no one is not how human societies work."

I don't know the particulars of this situation. But I will say that choke holds are no joke. Been in a jujitsu program that taught them. It's really easy to accidently make people pass out just practicing it in a non stressful environment. On top of that, if it's done properly, it's extremely difficult to get out of.

In a high adrenaline environment I can definitely see someone accidently killing someone by accident using that hold.

I don't know the particulars of this situation. But I will say that choke holds are no joke. Been in a jujitsu program that taught them. It's really easy to accidently make people pass out just practicing it in a non stressful environment. On top of that, if it's done properly, it's extremely difficult to get out of.

In a high adrenaline environment I can definitely see someone accidently killing someone by accident using that hold.

Choke hold outcome is also highly dependent upon the physical status of the person receiving it. Someone that is homeless and in a weakened condition, but hiding it well by making threats and looking angry, will have a substantially worse outcome than trying it on say a MMA fighter in peak condition.

I could see a reasonable argument for involuntary manslaughter, depending upon what additional information comes to light. But legally (and historically), 1st degree murder is a high bar to pass and requires pre-meditated intent. That's a tough argument here.

This is why you shouldn’t intervene …… let people get stabbed, punched, beaten up…… and then the Cancel culture will come after you for “why didn’t you do anything”. You’re damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

Now this crap has turned political instead of letting authorities do their job without influence. People protesting one day after before an investigation is complete, politicians on their Twitter spreading nonsense. Our country is just screwed.

As far as pictures of the shooting, yeah we need to see more of those. Maybe reality will sink in for some people and see that it’s not a game or “crisis actors” smh
Do you have something to add that’s actually OT?
I can read this kind of stuff anywhere.

I added it… pay attention… Twitter and Elon did a great job and allowing these pictures to be posted…. Thanks for reading….Are you going to ask the same question to the other 20 members who posted about the choke hold?
not really, I just reached my limit with off-topic. It wasn’t you personally who was the issue. sorry about that.
Don’t have a problem with the photos myself, as long as war carnage is given equal footing with domestic mass killings. It’s simply reality. If people don’t see the reality of these things, they won’t do as much to prevent them.
But it’s also true Elon and Twitter didn’t “do a good job.” They didn’t do anything. They aren’t moderating... or encouraging.

No, this is why you shouldn’t use deadly force when it isn’t warranted. How is it this difficult to comprehend? Someone can do something wrong, immoral, or against the law, and still not deserve to die. And someone who murders someone needs to face charges, even if a court of law eventually decides they are not guilty or will not face repercussions. As far as I know, no charges have been brought forth, yet. And it’s the lack of charges that has upset so many people.

Reactions: JRP3 and Norbert
But I refuse to believe it is "institutional" especially in places like San Francisco, Minneapolis, Seattle, Portland, Chicago that are having the biggest crime and dysfunction problems in their cities. Virtually every government run entitlement program is heavily tilted to help minorities get education, housing, food and opportunities. US Corporations are bending over backwards to hire qualified minorities over other applicants to help their ESG scores.

Unfortunately, discrimination isn't dependent on whether you believe it exists or not.

From the Encyclopedia Britannica article on institutional racism

On average, Black Americans and Hispanic Americans are less likely than similarly qualified white Americans to be hired for jobs or to receive loans. Disenfranchisement through voter suppression and disempowerment through gerrymandering are prime examples of political marginalization that are said to result from institutional racism. Unsubstantiated or exaggerated allegations of voter fraud have led to changes in voter identification requirements and reduced accessibility to polling places that, voting rights activists argue, have disadvantaged Black Americans and Hispanic Americans.

24 hour time out here. Will unlock this thread tomorrow.

Edit: I have unlocked this thread. I also deleted basically the last 2 pages of posts, as a do over. The discussions attempting to be had in the last two pages are not ones for this particular website (which, at it root, is a car themed website).

Last edited:
*sigh*

This summit so SO SECRET that it's livestreamed on youtube.

And SO left wing partisan its speakers include both current and former REPUBLICAN secretaries of states.

What IS strange is Elon can't seem to ever be bothered to do 90 seconds of googling before appearing to confirm completely nonsense nutjob claims. Or even checking who the source is.

Here's who that lovely Laura Loomer is-

She's so insanely far to one side she was kicked out of CPAC (among a slew of other places she's been banned from)

*sigh*

This summit so SO SECRET that it's livestreamed on youtube.

And SO left wing partisan its speakers include both current and former REPUBLICAN secretaries of states.

What IS strange is Elon can't seem to ever be bothered to do 90 seconds of googling before appearing to confirm completely nonsense nutjob claims. Or even checking who the source is.

Here's who that lovely Laura Loomer is-

She's so insanely far to one side she was kicked out of CPAC (among a slew of other places she's been banned from)
When you are 7 standard deviations from the mean off to the right, almost everything is to your far left.

Status
Not open for further replies.