Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Bromance with Cheeto Jesus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am I the only one here who's uncomfortable with Elon's seemingly budding bromance with Cheeto Jesus (aka President of the United States whom I'll never call by name)? The cozier it gets, the more concerned I become... What exactly is Elon's motive here? Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Jeff
While I don't have any insight in to Elon's motives, I'll say that I think using such derogatory terms is uncalled for.

After all... I happen to like Cheetos.

Last edited:
My purpose here isn't to talk about the President and I don't want the focus to be on that. Sure some will likely not appreciate my moniker but I'll simply stay away from explaining it or defending it.

It just seems odd for someone who speaks so passionately about climate change to be rubbing shoulders with someone who think's it's a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese...

Jeff

Elon is an optimist, but also a pragmatist. When the President of the United States asks for your advice, you give it. Maybe, just maybe, you can change his mind.

Elon just now on Twitter:
Yeah, am hearing this from a lot of people & it's getting me down. I'm just trying to make a positive contribution & hope good comes of it.

This is absolutely good news. Musk is jumping into the den of vipers for us and the planet, hopefully bringing some damn sense to the otherwise clueless leaders we currently have. Be happy that someone with influence, intelligence and a clue about the long-term effects of the policies we make will have the chance to guide the country to a better place. I would much rather have Elon talking to Trump everyday than having Trump listen exclusively to his oil baron pals.

Am I the only one here who's uncomfortable with Elon's seemingly budding bromance with Cheeto Jesus (aka President of the United States whom I'll never call by name)? The cozier it gets, the more concerned I become... What exactly is Elon's motive here? Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Jeff

Okay so after seeing Elons tweet, and if only I had waited like 5 minutes on this thread, my entire question no longer has any validity...

Jeff

Trip Chowdhry says Tesla is not a green company, so is this really "for the planet"? Trip is also a "climate change is a hoax" guy. Maybe the turn here is that Tesla will be coined the "non-green but cool EV company...and more American made that the others"

Trip Chowdhry says Tesla is not a green company, so is this really "for the planet"? Trip is also a "climate change is a hoax" guy. Maybe the turn here is that Tesla will be coined the "non-green but cool EV company...and more American made that the others"

Never listen to what a wall street trader has to say, even if it sounded good to you in the past. Having spent a little time in bar conversations with people like that you find out how f***** their opinions are.

Also, it is not Elon's job to point out the emperor has no clothes. Others can do that just fine.
Pointing out the obvious takes no special insight. Elon is being a pragmatist and keeping his eye on his goals. Good for him. Trump will pass: not before doing significant damage, but he will pass. Tesla Motors and SpaceX and Tesla Energy will continue to progress over the next four years.

If Elon can convince Tillerson to push for a revenue-neutral carbon tax, and influence the orange-haired egomaniac, that's a good thing.

There are 2 big issues with Republicans right now. These issues have led me, otherwise a centrist, to vow to vote straight Democratic ticket (with exception of any Democrat who is wildly unqualified) from here forward until these issues are corrected.

1) Disrespectful behavior from your chosen leader. King Cheeto in this case. He has been disrespectful to the handicapped, to women, to POWs, to the press, and many others. This is absolutely unacceptable from a President. To support a candidate who behaves like this is treason against humanity.

2) Disrespecting science (not an issue with all Republicans, but big enough to be dominant). Science is the beacon of human intelligence. To defy it is to embrace ignorance, and it could lead to the downfall of our civilization. Climate change is inconvenient. But it's well supported science. You can't ignore it without being irresponsible. If you are a conservative, come up with ways to address it that are compatible with conservative ideology. Like a revenue neutral carbon tax. Anything less is willful ignorance that endangers not just our country but our entire species and planet.

That said, I strongly believe in the need to find common ground between parties. I've stated what the 2 big issues are, and everything else is negotiable. I think Republicans can be brought around on both issues, but we aren't going to get there by berating them. We need to coax them back into the light. BTW, check out March For Science for item 2; it's a budding nonpartisan effort to show Republicans and everyone else that science is a friend, not an enemy. It needs the support of as many Republican science advocates as possible, and non-Republicans need to remain as respectful as possible (don't forget the importance of item 1!). Science advocacy, no partisan stuff. I hope it is successful.

Where does Elon stand? I think we can safely say he is a big supporter of science, and wants to help address climate change and other environmental issues. But he is trying to do it in a cooperative way that seeks collaboration and common ground. I think that is a respectable stance, and also for the best with respect to his companies.

Best of luck to us all.

Last edited: