Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon's Bromance with Cheeto Jesus

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Trip Chowdhry says Tesla is not a green company, so is this really "for the planet"? Trip is also a "climate change is a hoax" guy. Maybe the turn here is that Tesla will be coined the "non-green but cool EV company...and more American made that the others"

If there was any remaining doubt that Trip is borderline insane this certainly makes it clear. He gives TSLA bulls a bad name.

Reactions: bonaire
There are 2 big issues with Republicans right now. These issues have led me, otherwise a centrist, to vow to vote straight Democratic ticket (with exception of any Democrat who is wildly unqualified) from here forward until these issues are corrected.

1) Disrespectful behavior from your chosen leader. King Cheeto in this case. He has been disrespectful to the handicapped...

Best of luck to us all.

So, can you explain why Trump used those exact same gestures and faces well before the "handicapped" guy when discussing Ted Cruz and other people?

I think we should collectively offer Elon our unconditional support in this. The man has put on his hip waders and jumped into the swamp to try to make friends with the slugs and gators.

He's doing the right thing for the long term, and is trying to make a positive contribution. There is exactly nothing to be gained by adding his voice to the deafening chorus trumpeting the horrors of the new administration. And there is everything to be gained by keeping the administration as a Tesla supporter. The "US manufacturing" push opens the door for a lot of positive conversations.

So, can you explain why Trump used those exact same gestures and faces well before the "handicapped" guy when discussing Ted Cruz and other people?

Even if he did not intend to mock his disability, he certainly appeared to be, and he should have apologized for that. Something along the lines of "I was not mocking his disability; if it appeared that way, I am very sorry to him and the American people. It was not my intent." If he did, please direct me to the source, as I haven't seen it. He disavowed doing it, but I think that is insufficient. What I did see was Trump say this afterwards -- "He should stop using his disability to grandstand" -- which does not speak well of Trumps intent.

Donald Trump Criticized for Mocking Disabled Reporter

I think we should collectively offer Elon our unconditional support in this. The man has put on his hip waders and jumped into the swamp to try to make friends with the slugs and gators.

He's doing the right thing for the long term, and is trying to make a positive contribution. There is exactly nothing to be gained by adding his voice to the deafening chorus trumpeting the horrors of the new administration. And there is everything to be gained by keeping the administration as a Tesla supporter. The "US manufacturing" push opens the door for a lot of positive conversations.
This. :)

Even if he did not intend to mock his disability, he certainly appeared to be, and he should have apologized for that. Something along the lines of "I was not mocking his disability; if it appeared that way, I am very sorry to him and the American people. It was not my intent." If he did, please direct me to the source, as I haven't seen it. He disavowed doing it, but I think that is insufficient. What I did see was Trump say this afterwards -- "He should stop using his disability to grandstand" -- which does not speak well of Trumps intent.

Donald Trump Criticized for Mocking Disabled Reporter

You do know the complete story about this reporter backtracking out of story he wrote in order to cast Trump in a negative light, right? As with many instances with Trump, once attacked he doesn't hold back in responding.

I was all ready to not vote at all this past election - mostly because I believed that mocking story. It looked damning. Of course, I didn't know about him using this gesture several times before. Certainly the media knew about these prior Trump gestures - they filmed the events. So, we have the media actively editing, selecting and slanting the news in order to disparage Trump. He only appeared to be mocking if you didn't view the other prior videos of him using the same gestures and goofy expressions.

I just want someone with intellectual honesty to explain why Trump used those same goofy gestures aimed at other non-handicapped people. It takes 30 seconds to do a Google search to find these videos.

Last edited:
...What exactly is Elon's motive here?...

I don't think Elon has changed his mind about Trump Administration when he spoke before the election:

"I feel a bit stronger that he is not the right guy,...He doesn't seem to have the sort of character that reflects well on the United States...I don't think this is the finest moment in our democracy,"

What changed is: Trump is now in power of the most powerful nation on earth.

1) Elon has a choice of ignoring Trump and not seeking favors/subsidies from him because he said government subsidies in Tesla is negligible and the one that raised Tesla out of the deathbed in 2008 depression was not government help but it was Daimler.

2) On the other hand, there is a reason to join Trump as stated by himself:

Donald Trump pitches black voters: 'What the hell do you have to lose?' - CNNPolitics.com

Thus, he could join the team as a voice of reason and the backlash from anti-Trump is minimal. It's risks versus rewards.

So, you can't? You know, I was never a huge Trump supporter. He does have a number of flaws (so did Hillary and others too). But isn't there enough negative material out there on Trump without having the media fabricate a story?

What's the point of this? That he generally mocks everyone by doing handicapped gestures not just one guy? How presidential.

Complete waste of time.

Seriously THIS. It's exactly the same as "Obummer" and all the other juvenile epithets that were disparagingly used against Pres. Obama. When a reader sees this insulting term, they immediately focus on that and forget about the rest of your message.

I let some of that slide from individuals, generally just holding actual leadership to a higher standard. But I can respect what you are saying here. I called him King Cheeto in my earlier response. Sorry for that. Too late to go back and edit.

What's the point of this? That he generally mocks everyone by doing handicapped gestures not just one guy? How presidential.

Complete waste of time.

No. It wasn't a handicapped gesture at all. It was clearly a portrayal of someone being clueless, feckless, goofy whatever.

Honestly. If you saw someone making these gestures on the street would your first thought be that he's mocking the handicapped?

This was a clever and opportunistic effort to sway public opinion.

Honestly. If you saw someone making these gestures on the street would your first thought be that he's mocking the handicapped?
Yes

This was a clever and opportunistic effort to sway public opinion.
What a load of BS. As if this is like one gaff that's being blown out of proportion. There's 10,000 other reasons why he's a turd of a human being.

• Disagree
Reactions: EV-Bull and diesel

Why ask to remove context? Someone being "goofy" on the street is a little different than a presidential candidate standing up in front of the world. This is no different than when he made fun of Rubio sweating by throwing water around. He mocks people, and I don't think the frequency with which he does it should excuse his actions towards a particular individual.

Sorry, I've resisted posting this. But I just can't resist anymore.

Every time I see this thread title, I think of the Grilled Cheesus press:

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 1.58.57 PM.png