Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ended: $2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

I'm only 1 away from the opportunity to buy a Model X Founders Edition! Who's going to be the one that forces me to give Tesla another 90K? :)

~

Where is this page located? I can't find it.

Edit: never mind, found it on my profile. It appears "my profile" is different for each car in your account, and I had looked at the other one.

Last edited:
So, I just received a call from Tesla corporate in Palo Alto. They wanted to update me on all the details of the referral program and to let me know that the program ends on 10/31. He went on to mention that he has never seen someone with so many referrals. I'm up to 18 now! I asked him if he knew of anyone in our region that had more, and he said he hasn't come across anyone that has that many. I know there is someone overseas that had 40+ because he had a ton of YouTube followers or something.

Anyways, keep using my referral link to get $2000 off your new Model S and maybe I can get my 85D upgraded to a P90DL!

Thanks to everyone that has used my link already!

http://ts.la/tim9256

So, I just received a call from Tesla corporate in Palo Alto. They wanted to update me on all the details of the referral program and to let me know that the program ends on 10/31. He went on to mention that he has never seen someone with so many referrals. I'm up to 18 now! I asked him if he knew of anyone in our region that had more, and he said he hasn't come across anyone that has that many. I know there is someone overseas that had 40+ because he had a ton of YouTube followers or something.

Anyways, keep using my referral link to get $2000 off your new Model S and maybe I can get my 85D upgraded to a P90DL!

Dammit I just want 1 so I can go to the gigafactory party, spread the love :)

hi all, what's the latest word on whether an out of state buyer using a VA or OH referral code needs to manually arrange anything special to receive the $2k off?

some of the earlier posts and other similar threads on this topic talked about gathering some documents/info and having the local Tesla agent chase the issue to make it happen. but recent posts sound like maybe the $2k comes automatically (eventually) after placing an order if using referral codes from VA/OH ?

hi all, what's the latest word on whether an out of state buyer using a VA or OH referral code needs to manually arrange anything special to receive the $2k off?

some of the earlier posts and other similar threads on this topic talked about gathering some documents/info and having the local Tesla agent chase the issue to make it happen. but recent posts sound like maybe the $2k comes automatically (eventually) after placing an order if using referral codes from VA/OH ?

I'm under the impression that it happens automatically. It can't hurt to at least get an email from your DS stating that the additional $1000 will show up on final paperwork.

$2K Off Instead Of $1K From Current VA & OH Owners, Confirmed

There are four people in NA with more referrals than you as of 10/21 ~4p eastern:

58e258bbf016f4efbd9505f282c2721b.jpg

I've been waiting a for an email or a call as well. Did they happen to mention when those who have reached 10 referrals will be able to configure and order the founder's X?

I don't have the advantage of all the $ being sent someone's way - but sheez! Quit hogging! I'm officially at 8, have a possibility on one, and it's really going to hurt to miss the discounted Founders by one referral.

Boo!! (But happy for you.)

Dammit I just want 1 so I can go to the gigafactory party, spread the love :)

I think getting a Powerwall installed is a much bigger prize than the GF tour. The GF tour/party is nice and all, but you still have to pay your own way to get there and lodging.

I had two good friends who were going to use my referral, but one decided to redo his kitchen instead, and the other one just bought a 70D, but his wife forced him to use her brother for the referral credit instead of me. :(

I don't have the advantage of all the $ being sent someone's way - but sheez! Quit hogging! I'm officially at 8, have a possibility on one, and it's really going to hurt to miss the discounted Founders by one referral.

Bonnie- you have a sig in production. Would you buy both? Flip one?

I've stopped referring. I have one more pending which will give me 13; 3 "spares" just in case a few people back out. I'd rather see someone else get an invite to the party, etc.