Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enhanced Summon release rollout is iterative and keeps getting better each time. Imagine all of the variables in parking lots, pavement shades, concrete shades, lines of various colors, painted and unpainted curbs, etc. A lot to sort though using the cameras. Give it time. Yeah, Elon doesn't always meet his stated delivery dates, but doesn't everyone know that by now?

You’ve chosen to believe they are lies and BS.
There is a difference between a lie, and missing goals. ....
Glad you didn’t buy FSD. Who tried to sell it to you BTW ?

No. It’s a proven lie. The Tesla site says clearly that your car will find you in the parking lot. REALLY.

You can deny it until the cows come home but that is squarly a lie.

And the Tesla representative tried to “sell” FSD to me when I took a test drive. As they can’t legally “sell” their cars in TX, I guess “selling” isn’t the correct term. He was promoting FSD enthusiastically though.

I actually didn’t have an opinion then (I didn’t follow Tesla and was just curious about the 3).
I was in “money spending” mode so I was a prime candidate. The test drive sold me on the car but the dancing cars in the visualization together with the nervous lane identification made me laugh at the Tesla consultant trying to get me to spend $6000 on FSD.

I mean, if Tesla’s SW QC is that horrendous as to sign off on something that spastically broken looking for their marquee autonomy feature then why would anyone have confidence that FSD would happen anytime soon? If they cannot even visualize basic object detection without obvious errors then FSD = LMAO.

And if you wonder about me singing this song: This is a forum and that’s what it is for. Exchange of opinions. Also, the object detection and visualization is the only truly crappy part of my otherwise awesome P3. I passionately dislike it because it looks sloppy, cheap and together with the stupid robotaxi and appreciating assets comments from that CEBSer it makes me feel as if I am driving a shamwow.

No. It’s a proven lie. The Tesla site says clearly that your car will find you in the parking lot. REALLY.

You can deny it until the cows come home but that is squarly a lie.

And the Tesla representative tried to “sell” FSD to me when I took a test drive. As they can’t legally “sell” their cars in TX, I guess “selling” isn’t the correct term. He was promoting FSD enthusiastically though.

I actually didn’t have an opinion then (I didn’t follow Tesla and was just curious about the 3).
I was in “money spending” mode so I was a prime candidate. The test drive sold me on the car but the dancing cars in the visualization together with the nervous lane identification made me laugh at the Tesla consultant trying to get me to spend $6000 on FSD.

I mean, if Tesla’s SW QC is that horrendous as to sign off on something that spastically broken looking for their marquee autonomy feature then why would anyone have confidence that FSD would happen anytime soon? If they cannot even visualize basic object detection without obvious errors then FSD = LMAO.

And if you wonder about me singing this song: This is a forum and that’s what it is for. Exchange of opinions. Also, the object detection and visualization is the only truly crappy part of my otherwise awesome P3. I passionately dislike it because it looks sloppy, cheap and together with the stupid robotaxi and appreciating assets comments from that CEBSer it makes me feel as if I am driving a shamwow.

They’re still working on FSD, the software, and summon.
If consumers had to wait for all technology and software to be perfect before its release, no one would have any tech today.

You chose to see lies. You chose to find fault in so many things, including Tesla sales now.
This forum is for opinions, just wish your negative opinions weren’t sung over and over again. ..
They’re biased towards finding fault, delivered as continuous complaints.

You’re clearly only listening to your own voice when it comes to this stuff. so I’ll leave you to your negative views on Tesla and what ever else.

Sing away.

You chose to see lies. You chose to find fault in so many things, including Tesla sales now..

It’s really astonishing. I give you a clear example of a Tesla lie and you claim “I chose to see lies”. WTF?! Hello? Parallel Universe or what’s going on LOL!?

Also, I frequently wrote that the Model 3 is awesome and the best car I ever drove so what’s with this accusation that I only see faults?

It’s really astonishing. I give you a clear example of a Tesla lie and you claim “I chose to see lies”. WTF?! Hello? Parallel Universe or what’s going on LOL!?

Also, I frequently wrote that the Model 3 is awesome and the best car I ever drove so what’s with this accusation that I only see faults?

Your self awareness meter is broken. :)

The software is a work in progress.
You will see those things eventually.

You do see things negatively where Tesla is concerned. You may love the car overall, but you still find faults in Tesla at every turn.

I'm just wondering if people on the freeway know if the Tesla is being auto piloted.

But still, people will still cut off a self driving car anytime they see a blinker. Can they give us the option to like, not have the blinker on? Because in SoCal, tons of people see right / left turn signal as a signal to cut you off and not yield to let you change lanes.

Be the better person. "Everyone else is a sociopath" isn't a good excuse to be one yourself.

But people are mean when it comes to lane changes. I usually let people in, I don't feel the need to suddenly accelerate because one car will be in front of me.

I kinda wish all cars were self driving so the AI programs can figure out the best way to let each other pass, instead of a bunch of ego hungry human drivers.

I tried put both hands out the window when I'm changing lanes on autopilot. And people will suddenly slow down and back off.

Maybe one day there should be a law that cars should have a certain color light on to indicate its on autopilot. Just so drivers know not to try mess with an autodriving car.

Maybe one day there should be a law that cars should have a certain color light on to indicate its on autopilot. Just so drivers know not to try mess with an autodriving car.
One problem for self-driving cars that I think has already been encountered is the 4-way stop. A self-driving car won't "take its turn" if anyone else is entering the intersection. Human drivers realize that it won't hit them, so they push their way in and the self-driving car just sits there for a very long time.
Another problem is pedestrians. Once pedestrian avoidance is nearly perfect and people know this, they just walk whenever and wherever they want, as cars slam on the brakes around them. Again, I believe this is already observed behavior.

Another problem is pedestrians. Once pedestrian avoidance is nearly perfect and people know this, they just walk whenever and wherever they want, as cars slam on the brakes around them. Again, I believe this is already observed behavior.

If people actually do this they’re idiots. Even if every car on the road is using FSD you're still taking a risk that it will malfunction or you're walking in front of the one guy who’s still driving manually.

If people actually do this they’re idiots. Even if every car on the road is using FSD you're still taking a risk that it will malfunction or you're walking in front of the one guy who’s still driving manually.

Would be nice if all those Chinese people in China had self driving cars. Alot of them really have no care for anyone's safety and don't mind killing someone. I was once in a metropolitan city in China, where there are rich Asian people, and this new Audi sedan comes barreling down towards a red light (to make a right on red). It was obvious pedestrians were crossing, but this guy gave no shits, all he did was flash his lights and showed no sign of stopping. While most people would slow down for red, yield pedestrians, and turn right when its clear. And I would think only a person with a ghetto car would be super careless, but in China, people with nice cars don't mind almost killing you.

And I'm chinese / taiwanese myself, just born in USA. And ya, it's racist, but I don't even trust Asian people who live outside the USA when it comes to driving. But I'm at least being fair and acknowledging the flaws of Asian people living in Asia. I really think Asian countries could benefit from all self driving cars because alot of them drive like maniacs and don't care if they kill you, they likely just drive away if they did run someone over.

People do it. I saw it in a Cruise presentation. A drunk dude recognizes the car as a self driving and jumps in front of it.
I know I’ll be tempted to bully self driving cars. After all they’re machines not people.

• Disagree
Reactions: McFlurri
I can't wait to see what all the fanbois will say in Tesla's defense once August is over and enhanced summon will be nowhere (or really bad)

Something like this:

Elon makes statements and misses them from time to time.
He’s made statements and met them also.

I don’t believe he’s lying, I think he’s overly optimistic in some cases.
I don’t believe his intentions are malice though.
Meaning, unlike many companies, I don’t think Tesla intentionally gives targets they know they will miss.
I think he’s just too optimistic at times. He’s passionate, which can often drive too much optimism. I’m sure everyone here knows friends or family, that do the same personally.

Attacking Tesla or Elon every chance possible, for any reason they can find, knowing his intentions are likely not malicious seems wrong. You can always say you don’t know if his intentions are malicious or not, but I think if you look at who he is, what he’s doing, and what he’s done, it’s more likely he’s not malicious with statements, and less likely he is.
Short sellers will always disagree. They however, have been proven to spread lies to aid their financial cause. :)

I think many here are sick of the drama and whining from short sellers, or just those that need a daily fix of whining.

I find it crazy what Elon has been able to get away with saying, about FSD being right around the corner, for the last couple of years. Has he even come out and apologized? He's got some huge balls. I couldn't do what he's done in a million years. It's like he's from another planet.

Last edited:
Something like this:

I find it crazy what Elon has been able to get away with saying, about FSD being right around the corner, for the last couple of years. Has he even come out and apologized? He's got some huge balls. I couldn't do what he's done in a million years. It's like he's from another planet.

Wasn't Tesla sued (and lost) around 2014 for promising and not delivering some advertised level of FSD? I thought I read that somewhere - that Tesla was ordered by the court to give customers a portion of their FSD money back based on how long they lacked the promised FSD features. History soon repeats itself? August 16th is just a couple of days away as well. Does anyone really think Elon will raise the price of FSD on the 16th, as he tweeted last month? ShamWow! :p

• Disagree
Reactions: MP3Mike