Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no Enhanced Summon coming next week, not 8 weeks ago as promised, not now, not in the foreseeable future. Get used to it. Sure there are people who know folks at Tesla and get early access to Enhanced Summon, just watch their videos. Cars creeping across empty parking lots, hesitating, barely making at to their destination. Then they park across several parking spots. Makes you wonder how it will perform in a real parking lot situation. Interesting how Tesla allows their specially curated group of testers (based on on purely how they allow only people they personal allow to test the software based on who you know at Tesla) and then you wonder what is going on at Tesla. They won't allow regular users to get the software, even early adopters. I wonder if we'll even see this feature and many of the other promised features in the foreseeable future.

Last edited:
We should have separate threads for:

Enhanced Summon Coming Tomorrow
Enhanced Summon Coming Next Week
Enhanced Summon Coming Next Month
Enhanced Summon Coming Next Year

Then everyone can just explain their reasoning and hang out with their own clan. Fewer disagrees that way. Everyone's stats will benefit.

Wouldn't it be simpler to just have one thread: Advanced Summon Coming (Elon Standard Time)

Wouldn't it be simpler to just have one thread: Advanced Summon Coming (Elon Standard Time)

Not to be overly pessimistic, but there is a chance it may never come if Tesla doesn’t feel they can deliver what they had originally envisioned for whatever reasons. I understand this has happened in the past as well, but don’t recall specific examples that others had talked about.

Not to be overly pessimistic, but there is a chance it may never come if Tesla doesn’t feel they can deliver what they had originally envisioned for whatever reasons. I understand this has happened in the past as well, but don’t recall specific examples that others had talked about.
I think it's unsafe to release as a system that requires monitoring. So, it probably won't be released until they finish FSD. Luckily that should be by the end of next year. :p Patience!

I think it's unsafe to release as a system that requires monitoring. So, it probably won't be released until they finish FSD. Luckily that should be by the end of next year. :p Patience!

I would also be super excited about the best Autopark in the world. Much more useful than Enhanced Summon. Maybe they can make that the consolation prize. Monitoring would be a non-issue, and we'd still get lots of cool videos of people hitting things.

• Funny
Reactions: Kant.Ing and jebinc

I thought FSD would be released, and in use in robotaxi by end of this year. Making me at least $30k profit every year from then on.

Isn't today next week?
IMHO, we should all be studying "Through the Looking Glass", paying particular attention to the White Queen.

First, as to when features will be available: "The rule is, jam to-morrow and jam yesterday – but never jam to-day."
Second, what features are possible: "Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast."

Enhanced Summon will be released to everyone when it is ready. Currently it is undergoing extensive testing with Early Access Program people. Why would you want it to be released before it is ready, just to make a date. Maybe Elon should have just said 'Soon'.

That is precisely the issue- Elon keeps giving dates, then keeps missing them by a mile, seemingly never learning any lesson from that.

Reactions: Superendo
It looks like it's still being marketed/implied as a "currently available" feature? -
tPPkNcR.png