Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon coming (Elon tweet 6 Apr, 2019)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What a bunch of optimistic/pessimistic people! A tweet on April 6 saying next week would mean between April 14 and April 20 to me. I expect he didn't mean "next week" as starting on Sunday April 7th. There are better ways to say that. So kind of like when the AP/FSD sale "next month" was announced March 1st, but really meant March, not April. Imprecise, but in an understandable way. The way I see it, the time period hasn't even started and everyone is lamenting another Elon miss already. Not to say we should be holding our breath for it, given the history of these rollouts.

What a bunch of optimistic/pessimistic people! A tweet on April 6 saying next week would mean between April 14 and April 20 to me. I expect he didn't mean "next week" as starting on Sunday April 7th. There are better ways to say that. So kind of like when the AP/FSD sale "next month" was announced March 1st, but really meant March, not April. Imprecise, but in an understandable way. The way I see it, the time period hasn't even started and everyone is lamenting another Elon miss already. Not to say we should be holding our breath for it, given the history of these rollouts.

Little did we all know, he was thinking in Mercurian weeks. That's only 410 or so Earth days though so we're not far away!!!!

• Funny
Reactions: Silicon Desert
Wouldn't it be awesome if we got it and the car moved close to a speed one would expect in a parking lot rather than have the functionality of a party trick

Wouldn't it be awesome if babies could run before they could crawl? Wouldn't it be awesome if we put a human in orbit around the earth before we did it with any test payloads? Wouldn't it be awesome if I could be fluent in Swahili after a one semester course?

Sure. But that's not how progression works.

• Funny
Reactions: McFlurri
Yawn !!!!! My legs still work fine. :D Don't care, but I realize there are lots of peacocks out there o_O
Yeah I don't get the appeal of this myself. 150 ft.....really...2mph? hhhmmmm yeah I can walk that far instead of watching and listening to all the cars stacked up behind my "self driving vehicle" as it slowly meanders over to me before stopping in the middle of the road and really pissing people off. I cant wait to see all the road rage videos of people reacting to this. Tesla can take summon and bundle it with FSD and put AP-on-navigation back with the AP package and I would think that its worth it to purchase. AP that is because you can keep the summon garbage. It would be like charging for the Model X to waggle its doors and play music loudly....cool..... but not an option I would fork over any money for.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be awesome if babies could run before they could crawl? Wouldn't it be awesome if we put a human in orbit around the earth before we did it with any test payloads? Wouldn't it be awesome if I could be fluent in Swahili after a one semester course?

Sure. But that's not how progression works.
Yeah I get that too, but why not work out the kinks before selling it as an option instead of unleashing the horribly slow lets clog up the parking lots of America with driverless Tesla's controlled by phones from someone who is spitting distance away from their damn car. Someone is going to smash their Dodge Ram diesel into one of these things because they get tired of waiting behind the car as someone tries to show off to his friends

Yeah I don't get the appeal of this myself. 150 ft.....really...2mph? hhhmmmm yeah I can walk that far instead of watching and listening to all the cars stacked up behind my "self driving vehicle" as it slowly meanders over to me before stopping in the middle of the road and really pissing people off. I cant wait to see all the road rage videos of people reacting to this. Tesla can take summon and bundle it with FSD and put AP-on-navigation back with the AP package and I would think that its worth it to purchase. AP that is because you can keep the summon garbage. It would be like charging for the Model X to waggle its doors and play music loudly....cool..... but not an option I would fork over any money for.
I can already hear people blatantly "whispering" ... "WHAT A DOUCHE..." *Shaking their heads* as the car stops right in front of me holding the phone out.

Yeah I get that too, but why not work out the kinks before selling it as an option instead of unleashing the horribly slow lets clog up the parking lots of America with driverless Tesla's controlled by phones from someone who is spitting distance away from their damn car. Someone is going to smash their Dodge Ram diesel into one of these things because they get tired of waiting behind the car as someone tries to show off to his friends
Because it would take 10 times longer to do it that way.

Well, these features are new. They’re in their early stages, and without visionaries and pioneers like Musk pushing these things forward, you wouldn’t even have a computer to type on right now.
We would never have FSD in the years to come without these features starting somewhere.