Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon has starting rolling out

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep... That second one was painful to watch.
Though with some of the newer videos hovering around, it seems Tesla updated it to go much faster

It'll probably be around 3 or 4 mph at initial public release. It'll get a lot faster over time of course
This could be spot on, I happened to use summon to pull into my garage (quite narrow, summon usually cancelled last year and I hadn't tried it since) on Saturday while running 2019.8.4. It pulled into the garage like it was no big deal and seemed to be at a higher speed than it used to as well.

Reactions: dragonxt
So far this seems to be a neat trick. I hope it gets better. A real use case video would be for if its raining..or something real world use.

I really think it’s just a neat trick right now. As I commented on reddit, the engineer in me is pretty impressed at the variety of behaviors shown by Enhanced Summon. It’s capable of behaviors fundamentally different from ordinary Summon and Autosteer.

However in terms of real world practicality, it’s not there yet. It drives much too slowly, spends too much time pausing, drives in the middle of the road too often, etc. it’s going to elicit a lot of frustration from other humans, not to mention I would have a tough time trusting it and supervising that it’s taking turns correctly and won’t clip curbs or cars, etc.

I really think it’s just a neat trick right now. As I commented on reddit, the engineer in me is pretty impressed at the variety of behaviors shown by Enhanced Summon. It’s capable of behaviors fundamentally different from ordinary Summon and Autosteer.

However in terms of real world practicality, it’s not there yet. It drives much too slowly, spends too much time pausing, drives in the middle of the road too often, etc. it’s going to elicit a lot of frustration from other humans, not to mention I would have a tough time trusting it and supervising that it’s taking turns correctly and won’t clip curbs or cars, etc.

I sent an email to suggest that while enhanced summon is on, it should turn on the hazard lights. At least the blinking lights might ease some of the frustration of it being so slow. But im sure the email went into the black hole of Tesla communications.