Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So pretty much 2020 at this point, which makes sense. HW 3.0 can’t even auto park yet so this is not a surprise. I’d expect another 8 week delay in January or February at minimum. If Elon was being realistic he’d push to 2nd half 2020...

Hot off the presses folks:

View attachment 444340

This is aging REALLY well:

09D9DBEC-20BE-49A1-9877-C50A02E1A6AC.jpeg

That damned web content team is continuing to make Elon look like a fool!

Maybe I’ll get around to updating my “Elon BS tracker” post about enhanced summon at some point.

View attachment 444340
So if you take the original date (07/16/19) of the Aug 16th date for the FSD price increase into account what do you have with this latest announcement?
3 months maybe 6 months DEFINITELY

And some of you wonder why us “old timers around here” are so jaded with Elon prognostications...past performance IS indicative for Elon. I’m not surprised and I posted somewhere on here that it wouldn’t happen nor would it be late by a week or two but months. SMH SMH SMH

Last edited:
They create a drivable path - which takes into account what the cameras (and other sensors ?) are seeing. So, this is how the can remembers what it saw.

And as we saw it is happy to plan a path right through trailers and other obstacles. It is looking at road markings and perspective, not building a 3D model of objects in the world.

It only knows not to drive through things if the front radar detects them (doesn't work with trailers) or if it can recognize a vehicle in another lane. There is no 3D model.

View attachment 444340

This is a pressure-selling scam, right? Dodgy salesman piles on the pressure with an imminent price rise, limited time sale, last few in stock.

This is a pressure-selling scam, right? Dodgy salesman piles on the pressure with an imminent price rise, limited time sale, last few in stock.

I guess this comes back to my point about how believable the ”unintentionality” of this all is.

Just lask week or so Elon piles on the pressure to buy before the 16th due to an impending price raise. Then the raise is postponed by 4-8 weeks or so just days later, conveniently nearing the end of the quarter.

Again, this is not the first time. How believable is it that just last week the raise was days away and then suddenly something happens for them to postpone the raise by a month or two. They change prices all the time but now they delay by one or two months...

Demand lever pulled and reloaded?

Reactions: Matias
Old timers ? Really ?!

You joined TMC, like, 6 years after I did.

Be that as it may, clearly there is a mentality difference between people who joined Tesla with Model 3 and those who lived through everything starting around the D-A announcement and certain number of HP. A second generation of people learned from the AP2 announcement.

@diplomat33 is learning fast, though. Call it third generation Tesla burn victims.

• Funny
Reactions: emmz0r
Be that as it may, clearly there is a mentality difference between people who joined Tesla with Model 3 and those who lived through everything starting around the D-A announcement and certain number of HP.

@diplomat33 is learning fast, though.

Sure, there is a difference in mentality. Certainly, I have become more realistic about things as I've now personally experienced a few missed timelines and such. But I won't let it ruin me. I think it is a real shame that some AP1/early AP2 owners have allowed disappointment to sour them so much that they can't find any joy anymore in anything. And, I was always well aware that Elon misses timelines. That is nothing new. I still like sharing Elon's tweets, not because I am some Elon groupie who believes everything he says (I am not!), but because I think pronouncements from the CEO always have informational value.

• Informative
Reactions: David W Virtue
I think it is a real shame that some AP1/early AP2 owners have allowed disappointment to sour them so much that they can't find any joy anymore in anything. And, I was always well aware that Elon misses timelines.

When I want to enjoy fantasy, I put on a movie or a game. They are great fun. Reality, I’d prefer keeping real, even when it sucks.

Sure, there is a difference in mentality. Certainly, I have become more realistic about things as I've now personally experienced a few missed timelines and such. But I won't let it ruin me. I think it is a real shame that some AP1/early AP2 owners have allowed disappointment to sour them so much that they can't find any joy anymore in anything. And, I was always well aware that Elon misses timelines. That is nothing new. I still like sharing Elon's tweets, not because I am some Elon groupie who believes everything he says (I am not!), but because I think pronouncements from the CEO always have informational value.

I'll admit, I was in the "Give Elon the benefit of the doubt" camp prior to this latest tweet. I was sure V10 was coming out no later than this weekend. I think that optimism is broken now, though...

I'll admit, I was in the "Give Elon the benefit of the doubt" camp prior to this latest tweet. I was sure V10 was coming out no later than this weekend. I think that optimism is broken now, though...

I empathize. I am certainly bummed out that I have to wait longer for V10.

But we should remember that Elon never promised V10 by the end of August. He tweeted "Depends on how release to owners with early access goes, but hopefully wide release by end of August". The words "depends on early access" and "hopefully" indicate a good amount of uncertainty. There was never any promise that V10 would be released end of august. "End of August" was always a very optimistic best case scenario because it depended on V10 going to EA, passing EA and then going to a wide release all in only 1 month. Very unlikely. But Elon's tweets are certainly honey traps for optimists (like me!) who will hope for the best case scenario however unlikely.

I empathize. I am certainly bummed out that I have to wait longer for V10.

But we should remember that Elon never promised V10 by the end of August. He tweeted "Depends on how release to owners with early access goes, but hopefully wide release by end of August". The words "depends on early access" and "hopefully" indicate a good amount of uncertainty. There was never any promise that V10 would be released end of august. "End of August" was always a very optimistic best case scenario because it depended on V10 going to EA, passing EA and then going to a wide release all in only 1 month. Very unlikely. But Elon's tweets are certainly honey traps for optimists (like me!) who will hope for the best case scenario however unlikely.

@diplomat33 Don't be bummed. Just know that if you never expect it to begin with you won't be bummed out or disappointed by Elon (not Tesla). I learned many years ago with Elon to not believe anything he says re: upcoming anything Tesla...just be happy and accept it when something new shows up in your car. It's just really really old and sad that he keeps proving all of us here right that you can not count on Elon Tweets or public forum statements.

Last edited:
@diplomat33 Don't be bummed. Just know that if you never expect it to begin with you won't be bummed out our disappointed by Elon (not Tesla). I learned many years ago with Elon to not believe anything he says re: upcoming anything Tesla...just be happy and accept it when something new shows up in your car. It's just really really old and sad that he keeps proving all of us here right that you can not count on Elon Tweets or public forum statements.

Thanks. Good things come to those who wait, right? I do believe that V10 will be a good thing, worth waiting for.

Be that as it may, clearly there is a mentality difference between people who joined Tesla with Model 3 and those who lived through everything starting around the D-A announcement and certain number of HP. A second generation of people learned from the AP2 announcement.

@diplomat33 is learning fast, though. Call it third generation Tesla burn victims.
Not true - at all.

Infact there is a difference in mentality between people who understand the auto/EV market & what it means for climate change and people who can't look at the big picture. If you have driven other plugins for years, you get a much better perspective too.

Like Lutz saying they will sell 100k+ Volts a year in 2011. Or Ghosn saying they will make 150k Leafs a year ! Big LIE !!

BTW, I don't understand why you are here at all - if all you want to do is thread cr*p.

Only reason I started posting here was because moderators didn't want FSD/AP related posts in the market thread. I didn't want to read or respond to bears/shorts/FUDsters here. I wish there was better moderation here - and OT posts are removed and posters warned / banned like they are in the market thread.

Last edited:
Reactions: TT97
@diplomat33 Don't be bummed. Just know that if you never expect it to begin with you won't be bummed out or disappointed by Elon (not Tesla). I learned many years ago with Elon to not believe anything he says re: upcoming anything Tesla...just be happy and accept it when something new shows up in your car. It's just really really old and sad that he keeps proving all of us here right that you can not count on Elon Tweets or public forum statements.
The thing is you can't actually make out which ones turn out to be true or which ones turn out to be false.

When Tesla sold only 60k+ cars in Q1 (after selling 90k+ in Q4) - everyone thought he was bonkers to again guide for 90k+ in Q2. He claimed record deliveries. A lot of people bet against that and took the stock price to 180. And guess what, Tesla delivered a record number in Q2.

This is the reason even hard core shorts are afraid to bet against Musk all the time.

The thing is you can't actually make out which ones turn out to be true or which ones turn out to be false.

When Tesla sold only 60k+ cars in Q1 (after selling 90k+ in Q4) - everyone thought he was bonkers to again guide for 90k+ in Q2. He claimed record deliveries. A lot of people bet against that and took the stock price to 180. And guess what, Tesla delivered a record number in Q2.

This is the reason even hard core shorts are afraid to bet against Musk all the time.

You asked me why I’m here. I’m here for the car — interested in following news and info related to my car. Judging by your post you are here for the stock.

Then again, it isn’t like there haven’t been bonkers Elon tweets concerning the stock too.

Humans have a sense of where things are even when they can't see them. For example, most people can learn to touch type, moving their hands in intricate patterns without having to look at them.

Yes, computers can do this even better than humans. And their memory is not fallible in the same terrible way that humans memory is.

Same with cars in car parks. They see the curb from a distance and even when they lose sight of it as they get nearer they know more or less where it is. Some FSD manufacturers are replicating that by building a 3D model of the world, but there is no evidence so far that Tesla is doing that. Their system seems to be purely reactive to what it can see in the moment.

Not only is there evidence that Tesla's system builds a 3D model of the world, but Tesla themselves have also said as much and provided graphic demonstrations. If you don't see any evidence of this it's because you are not looking.

I guess this comes back to my point about how believable the ”unintentionality” of this all is.

Just lask week or so Elon piles on the pressure to buy before the 16th due to an impending price raise. Then the raise is postponed by 4-8 weeks or so just days later, conveniently nearing the end of the quarter.

Again, this is not the first time. How believable is it that just last week the raise was days away and then suddenly something happens for them to postpone the raise by a month or two. They change prices all the time but now they delay by one or two months...

Demand lever pulled and reloaded?

Let's not forget SC was to expensive to offer and was never coming back again.. Oh wait....

• Funny
Reactions: Matias
You asked me why I’m here. I’m here for the car — interested in following news and info related to my car. Judging by your post you are here for the stock.
But you are posting as if you want the stock to go down so you are spreading FUD. If you want to talk about Musk - there is a thread about him. Use that. Lets stick to talking about FSD/AP in this subforum. Lets stick to facts (Tesla has repeatedly missed self-imposed deadlines) and keep unfounded speculation and conspiracy theories (Musk tweeted about Enh Summon last October because he wanted to sell cars) out of here.

Elon Musk

I'm here because I'm concerned about climate change (you can look at 10+ years of my postings here, on MyNissanLeaf.com and on Twitter). And I've been long ob TSLA - as my sig shows - for years.