Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Enhanced Summon, where are you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe English is your second language? Because the word "will" denotes future tense, not present.
English indeed is my second language. But I don’t think that “will” in that particular context means future tense.

From context it seems that “will” in that particular sentence expresses, that car is able to reach you in the parking lot. As you as a native english speaker know, “will” is also used as a modal verb meaning that someone or something is able and willing to do something.

Especially the emphasis “really” is telling a reader, that although this may appear incredible, the car is indeed able do that.

There’s also on other section of features, that are not yet functional.
B17D53B8-4251-49C8-8A6B-E27303038ADC.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F9484CA-06A6-4A29-9BA2-213BEF5FBC4F.jpeg
    6F9484CA-06A6-4A29-9BA2-213BEF5FBC4F.jpeg
    184.4 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
English indeed is my second language. But I don’t think that “will” in that particular context means future tense.

From context it seems that “will” in that particular sentence expresses, that car is able to reach you in the parking lot. As you as a native english speaker know, “will” is also used as a modal verb meaning that someone or something is able and willing to do something.

Especially the emphasis “really” is telling a reader, that although this may appear incredible, the car is indeed able do that.

There’s also on other section of features, that are not yet functional.
View attachment 450455

Oh well, I can see how the meaning could be nebulous. I have learned from years of being exposed to normal marketing to take it all with a grain of salt. If I want more definitive information I will search out more definitive information. Do I like this? No!

Is it business as usual? Yes. Should Tesla take the high road and more clearly define what are current capabilities and what they expect to release later this year? Yes, that would be preferable. And I don't think it would impact sales negatively. But more established companies do this all the time. Tesla is just following the lead set by companies like Apple, Microsoft and Qualcomm. And look at what Porsche just did with the release of the Taycan. They over-hyped and under-delivered. It's the normal way of doing business. Yes, I wish it were not so but it hardly makes sense to crucify Tesla for operating as they do in a dog eat dog world. We should hold all companies to the same high standard.

That is not nebulous at all.

"your parked car will come find you anywhere in a parking lot. Really."

How can you say it more clearly?

There is no disclaimer, no ifs or buts.
There is a small group that is so enamored with Elon that he can actually do or say no wrong. They will change their definition of what is acceptable based on how whim / tweet of the day and then give him miles of rope when he has to back off. It’s really cultish and kinda sad but true.

I truly love my Tesla(s) and my latest RavenRefresh P+L is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. The rest of the “sugar” show though....it really gets old......

Oh, I’ve got a reason: It’s obviously a courtesy parking job so that the driver can fully open the door without hitting the concrete column.

Yep, that’s probably what it was. The NN is so advanced now! This is one of those cases where the software is operating in shadow mode, where they have all the object identification all worked out amazingly well, but the responses aren’t actually fully coded yet. We can be sure that the very special dev build (to be released very soon with version 10) deals with this flawlessly. In a way it is kind of like the latest enhanced summon videos, where they just haven’t “turned on” the parking spot detection. ;) It’s also possible that the car will just “learn on its own” and I just need to try parking here a few more times and then it will be perfect. ;)

I truly love my Tesla(s) and my latest RavenRefresh P+L is absolutely the best car I have ever owned. The rest of the “sugar” show though....it really gets old......

What gets old is the constant nit-picking on Tesla about inconsequential little things while giving the oil companies and ICE makers a free pass to spread their deadly propaganda and collect tax credits at our expense.

What gets old is the constant nit-picking on Tesla about inconsequential little things while giving the oil companies and ICE makers a free pass to spread their deadly propaganda and collect tax credits at our expense.
Nobody here criticizes Tesla’s accomplishments in the EV space. And many if not most on this forum spent quite a bit of money on a Tesla car.

You seem to be one of those interesting enigmas who don’t mind spending $6000 on a set of lies. That’s great for you.

Personally I am puzzled why Tesla drives this awful FSD strategy of under delivering. It’s not sustainable and has the potential to seriously dent their reputation.

For example, I am completely on your page when it comes to ICE vs EV. But if there was a true alternative to Tesla, I would jump ship mostly because I cannot stand Musk’s FSD web of lies.

For example, I am completely on your page when it comes to ICE vs EV. But if there was a true alternative to Tesla, I would jump ship mostly because I cannot stand Musk’s FSD web of lies.
I'm sure in Musk's mind there is no difference between FSD and BEV - in terms of probability of success.

When he started Tesla the chances of Tesla surviving for 10+ years and making a BEV that is 3rd best selling car in UK last month would have seemed to him exactly same as a successful wide deployment of FSD in the short/medium term.

People like you & I can only crib and will never be able to build a company like SpaceX or Tesla.

I'm sure in Musk's mind there is no difference between FSD and BEV - in terms of probability of success.

When he started Tesla the chances of Tesla surviving for 10+ years and making a BEV that is 3rd best selling car in UK last month would have seemed to him exactly same as a successful wide deployment of FSD in the short/medium term.

People like you & I can only crib and will never be able to build a company like SpaceX or Tesla.

Yeah. But the difference is that the BEV and the rocket are real and the BEV is excellent with its core functionality. Don’t know about their rocket as I don’t follow SpaceX.

I doubt Tesla would still exist if they sold the BEV like they sell FSD.

Then the BEV would still run on lead acid batteries with a 30 mile range and would take 24 hours to recharge while they sold it as 300 mile range capability (really) and supercharging capability in the future.

Because that’s about as far a disconnect as between advertised/sold FSD and real EAP performance September 2019.

Where is Enhanced Summon BTW?

• Disagree
Reactions: StealthP3D
Reactions: follow.johnny