Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the heads up... I've tried calling them again today. Nothing new. They almost seemed annoyed that I called.

They're telling me my car is on an ocean vessel in transit from the US to Europe and that's why it can not be tracked...

I guess waiting is the only thing left for me...
You're not alone in this situation. It sucks big time :) I've been told pretty much the same. (ship arriving next week that no one here is able/wanting to track ).

You're not alone in this situation. It sucks big time :) I've been told pretty much the same. (ship arriving next week that no one here is able/wanting to track ).
I had VIN on December 15th. Then gone. Got delivery confirmation on December 27th for December 30th. VIN back on December 28 (same VIN). Got the new plates today. I was never able to track the VIN on the vessel. Patience.

Reactions: maarten.claes
I had VIN on December 15th. Then gone. Got delivery confirmation on December 27th for December 30th. VIN back on December 28 (same VIN). Got the new plates today. I was never able to track the VIN on the vessel. Patience.
Same situation until today. last week they said it was all clear for 30th delivery and today the car is unfindable. It just the unclear comm that's a bit frustrating plus the 'near miss' for year end deliveries and some cheap -holiday suc kms- . Anyway,, acting a bit irrational/emotional for - a car-.. unbelievable 1st world prolblems :cool:

Reactions: Marronii
I was lucky to pickup my MSLR today in Bruges (Belgium). My scheduled delivery changed also a few times but those are the things to look for/ to do.
1. Find/get your VIN. 2. Find the VIN on a Hoegh vessel.3. track the vessel. 4. When the vessel arrived in Zeebrugge and departed again, you know your car is in Zeebrugge and it's function of the logistics to get your car to the SC for delivery. Call the SC on a regular base for updates. In my case delivery changed from 27-31/12 to 3-17/1 to 31/12@17:00 to 31/12@11:00 to today 29/12.
Delivery was very smooth with no FOB and latest thin bezel screen in the back.
Happy NY

I was lucky to pickup my MSLR today in Bruges (Belgium). My scheduled delivery changed also a few times but those are the things to look for/ to do.
1. Find/get your VIN. 2. Find the VIN on a Hoegh vessel.3. track the vessel. 4. When the vessel arrived in Zeebrugge and departed again, you know your car is in Zeebrugge and it's function of the logistics to get your car to the SC for delivery. Call the SC on a regular base for updates. In my case delivery changed from 27-31/12 to 3-17/1 to 31/12@17:00 to 31/12@11:00 to today 29/12.
Delivery was very smooth with no FOB and latest thin bezel screen in the back.
Happy NY
how was the build quality on yours?

I just swing by Tesla Hillerød center of Tesla Denmark, they are delivering model S and X plaid back to back. Got a model X in display also.

The movement I saw it with yoke : holly *suger* .. I felt like why why would I pay for this and not buy 3 model Y instead for that price in Denmark..

No offense but I am having seconds thoughts for model S also now .. I think I would rather test drive model s and then buy ..

I took delivery yesterday, and could not be happier, what an incredible car! It came on the first ship but only found a place on a transporter on Dec 22. The delivery center is Montpellier/France.

S Plaid delivery copy.jpg

I want to share my story about our Model S (Plaid) order. I am frustrated.

Ordered a Model S LR in Sep 2021.
Original EDD was early 2022, then mid 2022, late 2022 and then got removed completely.

2 weeks ago I was at a Tesla center and asked if there was any news about my Model S LR order. He said that they still could not give me an estimate when the first larger batches of LR cars would be shipped to Europe and it will most likely be around Feb / Mar 2023.

He then said that there were a few Plaid models immediately available. I looked thorugh the hidden inventory with him and found one that i liked the configuration of. He said he could transfer it to my account and I would still get it this year (if I pay really quickly) but! I could not pick the location where I pick it up as it is already in transit.

The delivery center it was assigned to is roughly 600km away but for me it was worth it. So we agreed that I would pay within 2 days, register the car asap and would pick it up at the other end of the country to get the car this year.

So i got the papers, registered the vehicle and had a delivery appointment scheduled for Dec 29.

I called the Tesla hotline multiple times throughout the next week and everytime they told me that everything looks good, it might even be ready for pickup one or two days earlier.

Dec 28 and still no word from Tesla. Is the appointment confirmed? Has my car arrived? I had no clue. So I called them once again. First bad news: The car is not there yet. Delivery will not happen on Dec 29.

Next: The car is not even trackable. No one knows where it is.

Apparently the last shown location is the port of Baltimore. Well. The car has a 495XXX VIN and was built in October so it was most likely already on the first ship. Now the Tesla employees tell me they can't see where the car is and it looks like it's still in sea transport.

AFAIK there are currently no S/X ships on the way from Balitmore to Zeebrügge. So where is my car? No one knows. Has it been sitting in Baltimore for weeks with a dead battery and wasn't even loaded onto a ship? Possibly. No one can tell me though.

The next thing is that another employee checked the car and it hasn't even been assigned to any location yet. They shouldn't have been able to sell me this car. Neither was it ever in transit to the delivery center.

Now the delivery appointment has vanished from the app and also the VIN got removed from my account and is not visible in the app anymore.

I will not get my car this year.
I will not get 10,000km free SuC.
I have registered the car as quick as I could so there's loss of value as it is now a 2022 registration
I am paying insurance for a vehicle I do not have
I purchased winter tires for a vehicle that is not findable anywhere
I planned my trip for today and won't be going anyhwere as there is no car to pick up.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I am not hyped for the car anymore. I've waited so long and was more hyped than for any other car delivery ever. I am frustrated.

Many, even those on California, have waited a long time for their Plaid, over a year.

Overwhelming consensus is, once you take delivery, all the waiting and frustrations will be forgotten, especially if this is your first Tesla.

Edit: When you get the car, it will probably have the latest features missing from those delivered 8 months ago.

• Love
Reactions: lsds