Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure how much the MyTesla status reflects the real world. I was told a week ago that my car is on the ship already but the page still says "The Tesla Factory is building your Model S Signature."

If at all then the status change is done in Tilburg. Also makes sense as this is where the final assembly is happening.

Yet another statement from Tesla Switzerland (but this time I got the feeling that it might be correct - note that I didn't get a phonecall last week as promised, so I was calling them today):

The Signatures for Switzerland are on their way. They will not be shipped via the Netherlands or Norway. Instead they will come straight to Switzerland (of course via a port in the Netherlands, but without formally entering the EU). I didn't get an exact delivery date yet, because they only have 2 DS and 2 technicians staffed and all of them are very busy with events and getting ready for delivery (and of course there is the Swiss national day tomorrow and I guess there will not be much activity between the national day and the weekend).

My delivery window is between Aug. 13th and 27th. This is supposed to be the delivery window for all Swiss Signatures!
Tesla is planning to have a delivery event, where a few Signatures will be handed over to the customers, but no details are available yet.
I hope I reproduced the information correctly from my short term memory ;)

I also got a delivery window between Aug. 13th and 27th yesterday from my DS. With 26th as the planned delivery day. The 26th sounded somewhat committed, but maybe with a very small likelihood of getting the car a couple of days earlier. It's going to be hard to wait another 4 weeks ...

Yet another statement from Tesla Switzerland (but this time I got the feeling that it might be correct - note that I didn't get a phonecall last week as promised, so I was calling them today):

The Signatures for Switzerland are on their way. They will not be shipped via the Netherlands or Norway. Instead they will come straight to Switzerland (of course via a port in the Netherlands, but without formally entering the EU). I didn't get an exact delivery date yet, because they only have 2 DS and 2 technicians staffed and all of them are very busy with events and getting ready for delivery (and of course there is the Swiss national day tomorrow and I guess there will not be much activity between the national day and the weekend).

My delivery window is between Aug. 13th and 27th. This is supposed to be the delivery window for all Swiss Signatures!
Tesla is planning to have a delivery event, where a few Signatures will be handed over to the customers, but no details are available yet.
I hope I reproduced the information correctly from my short term memory ;)

So excited for our European brethren! Its like reliving the initial delivery process over again you guys are going to love it. Can't wait to start seeing them on the streets of Europe.:)

Hello,

Just an update from Jérome Guillen (Model S Program Director) :

Les premieres voitures Europeennes sont deja arrivees et ont ete prepare a Tilburg (Pays-Bas). Nous commencerons a les livrer d’ici a quelques jours. Pour des raisons techniques et de support, les premieres livraisons auront lieu en Norvege et en Suisse

In english : First cars are already arrived and have been prepared in Tilburg (Netherlands). We will begin to deliver within a few days. For technical reasons and support, the First deliveries will take place in Norway and Switzerland

Does it means that the first "European" cars arrived in Tilburg are for real Europe (France, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands....) or anyway for Norway and Switzerland ? because I read that Cars for Norway and Switzerland didn't have to be prepared in Tilburg, so I expect theses arrived car to be for European countries. Right ?

Just got a call from Tesla ... In Switzerland there will be a delivery event August 17th, for the delivery of the first 20 cars ... the cars themselves are on its way in a sealed container and shall arrive next week in Switzerland. Have also asked re. the sequence number ... they cannot strictly follow the order sequence for production since they do production batches according options chosen ... so it looks I'm happy to be in the first lot (with all options ordered). The twin charger is not installed yet since issues with supplier and will be delivered approx. by end of year ...

Just got a call from Tesla ... In Switzerland there will be a delivery event August 17th, for the delivery of the first 20 cars ... the cars themselves are on its way in a sealed container and shall arrive next week in Switzerland. Have also asked re. the sequence number ... they cannot strictly follow the order sequence for production since they do production batches according options chosen ... so it looks I'm happy to be in the first lot (with all options ordered). The twin charger is not installed yet since issues with supplier and will be delivered approx. by end of year ...

I have received the same information and also my slot on Aug 17th for Delivery. So it seems I'm part of the delivery event. I truly hope they can fix soon the twin charger issues. On road trips a twin charger would help dramatically.

@necho

Just for my information, with "all options" do you also mean the Performance Plus package?

I ask this because I suspect this could be the reason Tesla moves my Delivery date back by at least six weeks from sept. to mid november.

Thanks.

@peter

i have all the options, but " only" MS 85, non performance, i got the info yesterday to pick up the car in Winterthur 17 th of august ; ))

They wrote specifically In the Europe newsletter sent out the other day that there were events happening. Cant wait to see the cars parked at shops, In traffic etc.. Its getting real, not just a picture of something the americans got! Love it!

EU Regular Nr. 2, Roadster Owner, reserved april 2009, but i got pushed back to the 19th... two days later in perspective of a 4.5 years of waiting seems to be irrelevant, but still hard to endure...

Cheers to all the happy few who get the cars on the 17th !

I was over 4 years on the line too, but not a roadster owner, but will probably get my care middle of september. The question why I asked is because due to technical problem at teslas side I got my correct contract one month late, but was asured I was still in the first delivery round for standard customers. Your mid August delivery sounded suspicously like the period I had to wait for a correct contract ;)

On 31st of July I got a delivery time frame between 13th and 27th of August. Today it changed again.
Now it is between 23rd and 30th of August.
Note again, there was no active communication from Tesla since finalizing my order. I called them because I didn't get the call from my DS, which they promised me to happen last week (they even asked me to not switch off my mobile phone last week!).

CH Sig. #217, VIN 14285