Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its also easy to damage / scratch the wheels when changing tires. the expensive gray 21" is not something i would want to change tires on twice a year. plus as said winter tires with 265 on 21" will be a terrible wintersetup... nordic winter rubber is soft and will be extremely snaky ride... I always use spikes as the rubber is a little harder and the spkies are brilliant if ice. even 245 is broad with spikes... but 265? dont even think nokkia have any in that size as very few would ever consider that setup...

if you live in less icy/snowy countries.,have the 19" and central european rubber there is less issue.

21" inch spiked winter tires? staggered setup on a P85+? dont think so... a second set is needed for anyone without 19"... buying aftermarket wheels is always a risk regarding certification and warranty. usually not an issue but Tesla is heavy and not that many aftermarket wheels.. and if you order a new car you would expect the manufacturer to also provide a proper winterset. not been any issue for any other car I have owned so far. I expect to get my car with 19" Tesla and Hakka 7 on delivery and my 21" packaged neatly. that is my expectation and I have no reason to think it will be otherwise as that is what has been promised. :)
Couldn't agree more... Just because we're enthusiasts and early adopters dosen't mean we'll have to expect a lesser treatment from tesla, nor that other markets should take priority over us. Quite the contrary in fact!

I was looking for aftermarket rims and investigated from Germany as well and discovered that they really claimed they cannot sell the Rial Luganos for Tesla because there is no certificate for the car for this wheel. I had to calm them down that in Estonia this isn't observed, but that does kind of kick hard in the nuts for those countries that do require such certification and don't get winter tires delivered...

I'm afraid I'm missing the point here. I have ordered winter tires from my preferred tire dealer, and I'll have then mounted on my wheels. What's the problem? Yes, it may be preferable to have two sets of wheels, and it will all be sorted out for the next season. But for this season, only having a single set of wheels is definitely no reason to mothball Model S!

(I would understand your attitude if your Model S had no wheels at all but I presume that's not the case...)

Hey, don't attack me. I'm just the messenger here, telling you that Tesla's service wrt winter wheels stinks in this country.

I have ordered and paid for something Tesla hasn't been able to deliver.

It is customary to get both sets of wheels at delivery. At delivery I was promised the winter wheel set would arrive within weeks, certainly before winter tyre season starts in November.

As soon as I paid them my money and got my car, they have ignored all communications with me regarding the winter wheels. It would have been much better if they could have informed their customers early about delivery problems, so that I could have ordered elsewhere in good time, even though that's a hassle most people prefer to not have to deal with.

Just burying their heads in the sand and not communcate with their customers is not a way to provide good customer service. It's a good way of pissing them off. Overpromising and underdelivering.

This is not just about me. This is a good proportion of Tesla customers in Norway who tell the same story of not getting any information from Tesla.

Personally, I got hold of third party rims and Nokian Hakka R2 from a local tyre shop yesterday, after finally giving up on Tesla. The manager at the tyre shop told me he had sold the same kit to 20-30 other local Tesla owners, and he told me they all had told him the same story - they had all praised the car and cursed Tesla the company. He was smiling, though, and was obviously happy with lots of new expensive cars turning up every day eager to buy kit worth 2400EUR from him. For each of these customers, Tesla lose 3000EUR worth of sales, after first pissing off each of these customers one by one.

I got heckled by a relative regarding my car today. He told me he'd seen a few Teslas lately, in the part of the country where he lives, driving not very confidently and dead slow with summer wheels on icy roads, trying not to skid off the road, creating queues. (Perhaps you need to be Norwegian to understand how amateurishly funny, yet annoying, mortally stupid and dangerous to yourself and others it is to see or hear about people driving around with summer wheels now, when you can drive confidently and safely with proper winter tyres. We have very little patience for foreigners driving on our roads in winter without proper winter equipment, due to the large number of accidents caused by foreign truck drivers in winter, causing both uneccesary injuries and annoying delays.)

Winter wheels is an essential and integral part of most car purchases in Norway. It's obvious Tesla (probably centrally) doesn't understand this, and screwed it up.

This is Tesla's first real winter test since last season they just didn't have enough cars on the road. I guarantee you that they are taking notes right now. $4,000 per wheel set of lost revenue rang a couple phones in Fremont. The entire organization is driven by the 25% profit margin target and high margin items like wheels and tires will help them quite a bit. They are not dumb over there but a little new to the business of driving in winter. ;)

Is there anybody from Denmark who is familliar with satellite tracking device which is required from insurance companies?
I need advice which system is suitable for Model S, and can be used without reduction of range.
Tesla untill now did not answer my request, neither did my DS in Cph.

My Model S arrives in 11h, do you really think I'll be able to sleep tonight??? Here it is in Riga while being loaded from one truck (from Tilburg) to another (to Tallinn) today.

Tesla-1.jpg

nice! like mine but other color and interior. did also max out my P85+. pearl white was my second color. As my last car was white I thought i try something else this time. pretty sure pearl white will be lovely. agree on black interior for pearl white.