Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here in Italy, just got today the visible VIN number on my account. But it is different from the hidden one I found before... 🤔
Delivery date anticipated from 29th to 27th-31th of December. Tesla now just waiting for my payment to be settled.
Found my correct VIN on the Hoeg Trove M vehicle carrier, now in Baltimore ready to sail tomorrow to Europe! 🍾🥳

I've got a 498*** vin, so fingers crossed I guess. Not that it matters much since I'll never be in the back myself :p
I have 4979xx so I'm literally like 10 cars away from the bigger screen... well, not a killer. Back in June 2016 I got one the the 1st MS with facelift and had many alignment/gap issues with the frunk so I don't mind having a smaller screen that works properly and has been tested (my service center is 4hr drive away).

Reactions: Hurkie
I have 4979xx so I'm literally like 10 cars away from the bigger screen... well, not a killer. Back in June 2016 I got one the the 1st MS with facelift and had many alignment/gap issues with the frunk so I don't mind having a smaller screen that works properly and has been tested (my service center is 4hr drive away).
Is it confirmed that only cars after 17 November build has the updated screen?

And how do you check the build date?

I don't know the build date exactly but it was mentioned somewhere in this post that cars with serial 498xxx and over will have the new screen. Well, I will confirm on delivery (Dec 27th)
We know for sure that there are cars with vin number 498xxx that still have the old screen. Someone in the 'Model S Delivery Update' thread posted that their 498xxx built on November 15th has the old screen. Another person in the same thread posted that their 498xxx built on November 17th has the new screen. So the production date is the key and not the VIN.