Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EU finalize and deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fingers crossed for you. In my case the entire experience was well... exotic :p
1. I don't see my ETA of delivery in my profile, yet i have all documents needed for car registration ;)
2. I had to pay in full invoice when the ship was in the middle of the Atlantic - Tesla gave take it or lose-it approach - if you didn't pay in full in 3 days - the next in line received an offer to take "your" car :)

Can't wait, however delivery during winter months is less than perfect - wanted to buy Tempests with winter Pirellis directly from Tesla - they said no chance in this century and told me to buy tyres on my own :p Also, winter Pirellis with PNCS / T0 homologation with 2023 Model S spec seems to be something like an unicorn - couldn't find them in Poland.

I couldn't find them as well, had to order 21" Michelin PA5 in original dimensions which are N spec but should work fine

2. I had to pay in full invoice when the ship was in the middle of the Atlantic - Tesla gave take it or lose-it approach - if you didn't pay in full in 3 days - the next in line received an offer to take "your" car :)
Can they legally do this in Europe? I would understand if you cannot finish payment formalities at sudden notice- then you go back to waiting till the the next time you are matched to a VIN. This would be logical!

But if Tesla says you lose your order because of this sudden notice and then need to order again with new price or wait for an extended time- this would be unfair!! are they doing that to anyone?

I just saw the ship arriving in Zeebrugge (thanks to a webcam to observe the weather)

Attachments

• 17C76B74-6580-40E3-9472-88F09683C80D.jpeg
    17C76B74-6580-40E3-9472-88F09683C80D.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 119
Just got confirmation from our renting company in Spain that the car will arrive in Barcelona on the 18th of December. Then needs to go to Madrid for matriculation and paperwork to come back to Barcelona for delivery... not the most efficient distribution for such a energy saving mission ;-) So chances are that the delivery will not happen until early January, but at this point I really do not care. I was expecting delivery in second batch in March, so this is good news. It is Model S LR ordered in April 21.

I hope between this week and next week some of you will be receiving your cars, so please do post some pictures, it would be good to see the real car in owners hands in Europe... It has been a long time waiting, so can not wait to see if the wait was worth it...

Just got confirmation from our renting company in Spain that the car will arrive in Barcelona on the 18th of December. Then needs to go to Madrid for matriculation and paperwork to come back to Barcelona for delivery... not the most efficient distribution for such a energy saving mission ;-) So chances are that the delivery will not happen until early January, but at this point I really do not care. I was expecting delivery in second batch in March, so this is good news. It is Model S LR ordered in April 21.

I hope between this week and next week some of you will be receiving your cars, so please do post some pictures, it would be good to see the real car in owners hands in Europe... It has been a long time waiting, so can not wait to see if the wait was worth it...
Love the good news, I'm jealous :) . Waiting for your pics!

I had troulbe getting the payment ready in 3 days. When I called them, they said, that it was no problem. When I offered that I could pay in another weeks time, they agreed without any heistation.
In the case of a few orders I am aware of they just offered matching cars to another customer (they expected to receive the car early next year and were offered to pickup ~13 of December). And only these customers had a more "chilled" payment approach offered.

Can they legally do this in Europe? I would understand if you cannot finish payment formalities at sudden notice- then you go back to waiting till the the next time you are matched to a VIN. This would be logical!

But if Tesla says you lose your order because of this sudden notice and then need to order again with new price or wait for an extended time- this would be unfair!! are they doing that to anyone?
Probably a gray zone here. I mean it's still better than what Mercedes, BMW and KIA is doing here in Poland.

Reactions: lsds
Yes. S Plaid. EDD 3/12-17/12. No hidden vin. Was given a VIN by SA over phone. VIN isn't recognized by Hoegh "My Cargo" function. Really hoping the car is on HOEGH TRANSPORTER... 🤞

Man...

Now my "car account page" states a new EDD:

Estimated Delivery: TBD

Actually went from 9 December - 23 December, to 3 December - 17 December, and now it's "TBD".

Been waiting since March 2021 :confused:

Man...

Now my "car account page" states a new EDD:

Actually went from 9 December - 23 December, to 3 December - 17 December, and now it's "TBD".

Been waiting since March 2021 :confused:
Maybe there's again a temporary uncertainty about the 'finale mile' transportation that cancels all EDDs ? I'm sure lots of cars are underway to us... "What's another year?" from Johnny Logan just popped up in my head... not good,, this stress is getting to me it seems :cool:

It looks like we can sure that Model Ss that have arrived in Europe now still have the rear screens with the thick bezels. In the 'Model S Delivery Update' thread, someone in Texas picked up a 2023 MSLR with VIN 498xxx which still has the thick bezels. Most of the VINs people in Europe have reported here start with 497XXX or less. The Delivery manager told him all Nov 17+ build dates have the new screen regardless of LR or Plaid. His 498XXX is a Nov 15 build.
See: Wiki - Model S Delivery Update

Last edited: