Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One feature I'd like to see that would be very helpful in shopping is a 'days on the market' for the cars that are still for sale, unless I am missing this somewhere?

You can see the "Listing Date" as the "Date/Time Added" column to see how long ago it was listed on the TM CPO site. But as you can see, just last night TM removed, and then re-listed every car on their site, causing a global reset of the listing dates on EV-CPO.com. I suspect this is because EV-CPO displays those listing dates, and TM does not want to have cars to appear as sitting on the list for a long time unsold. So the occasionally reset all the dates like they did last night. Now, I could change that column to "First Appearance Date" (which I store) which would more accurately reflect how long each car has been available for sale, but I think that would rather annoy the CPO/Marketing folks, so I won't do that. Now it's quite possible that TM has some site maintenance that removes all the cars from their site and re-lists them which is entirely unrelated to the EV-CPO listing date. So you can be the judge on why that happens.

Also, if hovering over the price drop could provide the previous prices and the days upon which the prices dropped, that would be immensely helpful!

As a Premium member, you can open up the "Options" popup by clicking on the red "i" icon, which will list the price changes and dates. Some won't have a date listed -- that was before I started tracking the price change dates.

Hi - Just found this tool out over the weekend after getting frustrated with trying to search for rear seats on the Tesla CPO site. Subscribed this morning to the Premium + Historic.

Thanks for the subscription! A question for you -- how did you find the EV-CPO site, and how can I better market to people like you who may be scanning the Tesla site, but would welcome the EV-CPO alternative and aren't familiar with TMC just yet? How could I have gotten to you sooner?

thanks.

You can see the "Listing Date" as the "Date/Time Added" column to see how long ago it was listed on the TM CPO site. But as you can see, just last night TM removed, and then re-listed every car on their site, causing a global reset of the listing dates on EV-CPO.com. I suspect this is because EV-CPO displays those listing dates, and TM does not want to have cars to appear as sitting on the list for a long time unsold. So the occasionally reset all the dates like they did last night. Now, I could change that column to "First Appearance Date" (which I store) which would more accurately reflect how long each car has been available for sale, but I think that would rather annoy the CPO/Marketing folks, so I won't do that. Now it's quite possible that TM has some site maintenance that removes all the cars from their site and re-lists them which is entirely unrelated to the EV-CPO listing date. So you can be the judge on why that happens.

As a Premium member, you can open up the "Options" popup by clicking on the red "i" icon, which will list the price changes and dates. Some won't have a date listed -- that was before I started tracking the price change dates.

Thanks for the subscription! A question for you -- how did you find the EV-CPO site, and how can I better market to people like you who may be scanning the Tesla site, but would welcome the EV-CPO alternative and aren't familiar with TMC just yet? How could I have gotten to you sooner?

thanks.

Hmm good question. I was doing a ton of digging yesterday and if I recall saw a link out on one of the Tesla Forum postings. Very much enjoy all the features and being able to sort and filter.

When did price change dates start storing out of curiosity? If I look at the option button I see a lot of 12/10 price dates on cars but nothing historical, even if clicking on the delta shows 2 or 3 previous prices.

Thanks!

When did price change dates start storing out of curiosity? If I look at the option button I see a lot of 12/10 price dates on cars but nothing historical, even if clicking on the delta shows 2 or 3 previous prices.

Just like what happened last night, sometimes Tesla posts dozens or hundreds of price changes. I started storing price changes around August 15th.

If you post a VIN that shows this issue, I can look into it. When the delta shows several price changes, those were just stored as a long sting, not with dates, etc... so there could have been several price changes before I started tracking price changes by date, and then after that, no price changes.

Hank, I have used your site extensively over the past several months to become an expert on CPO pricing and options. Yesterday I bought a CPO car that's not yet listed on the site, but using knowledge gained from it. (Many thanks!) Do you want me to fill out the survey in this instance?

Is there any way to add to the filter for wheels such as 'Any 19' and 'Any 21'. I'd like to filter out the 21" wheel from my search.

Also can you multi-select or put a NOT on the color? I'd like to filter out a few colors.

Is there any way to add to the filter for wheels such as 'Any 19' and 'Any 21'. I'd like to filter out the 21" wheel from my search.

Just enter '19-' into the search box

Also can you multi-select or put a NOT on the color? I'd like to filter out a few colors.

That's going to be a little harder. You can set up Alerts for specific colors and be alerted to any vehicles of those colors. Once you set up an alert, the Alert page will show you how many matching cars there are for each alert/color.

You can also set up Alerts for "Any 19" or "Any 21" wheels.

Multi-Select would really be a winner. Either multiple selections from the dropdown (ideal) or separate boxes for "color 1", "color 2", etc. (similar to what Autotrader does: http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/?expandAllOptions=true&Log=0

I'm sorry to say that multi-select isn't supported in the data grid/filtering tool I'm using.
Understood Hank. Could it be made configurable (in the subscription version) to allow for a second color to be selected...perhaps same thing with interior? I know, as an example, I tend to look for things like red or blue exterior and tan nappa or tan performance interior which ends up as multiple separate searches (essentially, an "OR" function on some fields). Of course I recognize you have a tool here with a very limited market and totally understand if you don't have the time to invest a ton more in it...is is still awesome!