Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned above, I've been made a couple of updates. I'm looking for a couple of existing Premium members to test a few changes I've made to make sure it all works right. It would be optimal if you're actively looking for a car. If you're interested, please send me a PM with your current IP address so I can allow access. Thanks.

Hey Hank did you know tesla actually recommended your site to me.
GcrLKUc.jpg

Yeah, I've heard many instances of individual sales associates recommending using my site. Although I doubt it's approved corporate policy.

But I can also see how it makes the sales force's job a lot easier to help customers help themselves find cars.

I ran into a new and very happy CPO owner at the Newark, DE supercharger that told me his advisor told him to use EV-CPO. And that was before I told him that I run it. :)

Thanks for posting.

Also, like I said a have a couple of changes pending some testing if there are one or two people interested, please PM me.

Plus, I don't know if TX is one of the states that demands sales tax for in-state car purchases, regardless of the buyer's home state (CA and MA work this way) - that would cost me a ton.
I know for a fact that TX will sell a car that will be registered out of state without collecting sales tax.

I just bought a P85 in Frisco (Dallas area) and did not pay TX state tax. My brother will be driving it to me in Nashville, TN this weekend!

Incidentally, Hank's tool was very valuable. I used his history to cross-check VINs for 3rd party sales that were once CPO. Hank's tool combined with Carfax-listed dates helped me find candidates. Once I found one I liked, I made a call to a service center to confirm remaining CPO warranty (note CPO Advisors are loathe to confirm this information, but a service center was helpful).

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
I browsed without success in finding an answer to this issue: When you do a search on EV-CPO site - say "US Model S New Inventory" - the results allow you to click the VIN link which directs you to the Tesla site.

However, a lot of these links take you to the Tesla site which display a message saying the vehicle is no longer available. Does this mean it is sold - or does it mean it is hidden?

I know for a fact that TX will sell a car that will be registered out of state without collecting sales tax.

I just bought a P85 in Frisco (Dallas area) and did not pay TX state tax. My brother will be driving it to me in Nashville, TN this weekend!

Incidentally, Hank's tool was very valuable. I used his history to cross-check VINs for 3rd party sales that were once CPO. Hank's tool combined with Carfax-listed dates helped me find candidates. Once I found one I liked, I made a call to a service center to confirm remaining CPO warranty (note CPO Advisors are loathe to confirm this information, but a service center was helpful).

Is a CPO warranty transferable?

However, a lot of these links take you to the Tesla site which display a message saying the vehicle is no longer available. Does this mean it is sold - or does it mean it is hidden?

If the page says no longer available, the car was either sold, or Tesla removed it from availability for some other reason. Hidden cars are just cars that are no longer listed on the Tesla site (but once were), but the VIN detail page is still available with a "Buy Now" button.

I do run through the database looking for cars that are no longer available and remove them from the listings, but sometimes Tesla does a lot of maintenance overnight where a lot of cars are sold/removed.

Hank - I just joined your site recently and wanted to note:
you don't list these P90D either as Hidden or as normal inventory but if I search Tesla by Zip Code, I am offered a bunch of these P90D. Does Tesla have "otherwise Hidden" inventory that you don't pick up your normal way? The search by Zip Code offers different cars depending on which zip you search by. You could do a search by each of the sales location zip codes to hone in on various inventory.

All are No Location P90D

• Informative
Reactions: Out4aDuck
The reason I listed these above is for you to be able to capture and display more of the base of the inventory cars in one spot. Should be interesting to see how it comes out - might be able to fish out another hundred or more units.

Hey Hank,

Weird thing today. An 85D on your site is listed as not having AP, but does seem to have it:

Model S 85D 5YJSA1E22GF127706 | Tesla

Thought you'd want to know.

Well, that appears to be just a mis-coding error on the Tesla site. It's strange that is says it has AP1.0 hardware, because the option code for that car is DA01 which is definitely 'No Autopilot Package', and in the JSON for that car, it even has: "isAutopilot":false. I don't see any other option code that would indicate AP hardware.

So that's how EV-CPO classifies it. Why the Tesla detail page says AP1 hardware, I have no idea. Thanks for reporting it though, I like to investigate all discrepancies like this.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Good afternoon everyone. Weekends tend to be a bit slower traffic wise for EV-CPO, so I think it's a good time to shake out some new features.

In the last year and a half I've been running EV-CPO, I've received all kinds of feedback on how people search for cars, what EV-CPO is good at, and what it's particularly not good at.

When I first launched EV-CPO in its current form, it was meant to be utilitarian and highly functional. I didn't focus on User Interface at all. It allowed people to search, filter and sort on all the cars in the database in ways unavailable on the Tesla site.

But as the number of cars listed grew, page loading became an issue because it loads all the cars at once for each section. That was a turn off for a lot of people.

And unless you subscribed and set up alerts, it was very limited on allowing people to do "or" filtering -- i.e. I want a Red OR Blue car. At the same time, people had a list of "must have" features ("AND"), and again, if you weren't a subscriber, you had to toggle the filters each time for those (i.e. must have pano roof AND smart air suspension).

So what started as a small project last month to enhance the Alerts to allow more "OR" option selections, turned into a full-blown re-design of the user interface. So while I was at it, I also wanted to improve the data loading issues -- all data is loaded dynamically and instantly. No page reloading or waiting. And I made the UI a bit better to look at, and I hope, a lot more fun. And very usable on mobile devices.

And as Tesla adds more features and options, having a fixed set of display columns for Model X, or Model S for US, Europe, etc was another limitation. And the result columns one person wants to see, isn't what someone else wants to see. So now there is a fully functional 'Column Selector' tool, so YOU can choose exactly what columns you want to see (or not).

So this is a 'soft launch' to TMC community. I don't plan to post it on the main EV-CPO site until Monday to give me a chance to make sure everything is working as planned.

And I still have a few things to flush out in the coming weeks, but I'd be happy to hear any feedback people have, again good or bad to help improve the overall user experience.

So without further chit-chit, I guess you want to see and play with it. Here it is (I feel like Steve Jobs)..... Announcing:

Thanks.

Hank your site is great! Wanted to let you know that are quite a bit of layout issues on the my iPhone 7 when viewing the new site. Lots of elements slamming into each other and overlapping.

Ok, I don't have an iPhone 7 to test, but on my iPhone 6 with Safari and Chrome, it seems to be working pretty well. It's not perfect, and a few text fields may overlap. All I can suggest is trying it in landscape mode for better spacing.

HANK!!! You are my new BFF!! I was the lucky lady that scooped up the 60kWh for $41,500 today :) I couldn't have done it without your website & the email notifications.... I just happened to check my email 20 mins after it was listed and could hardly type my cc info in fast enough once I realized my eyes weren't playing tricks on me lol. It wasn't even on Tesla's main page yet because when I looked for it, the cheapest one was $48k.

Best $20 I've EVER spent in my entire life! :) Now (errr, I mean in 4-6 weeks) I get to ride around in style while I wait for my Model 3!

Thank you soooooo much!!!

Reactions: Gouldness
HANK!!! You are my new BFF!! I was the lucky lady that scooped up the 60kWh for $41,500 today :) I couldn't have done it without your website & the email notifications.... I just happened to check my email 20 mins after it was listed and could hardly type my cc info in fast enough once I realized my eyes weren't playing tricks on me lol. It wasn't even on Tesla's main page yet because when I looked for it, the cheapest one was $48k.

Best $20 I've EVER spent in my entire life! :) Now (errr, I mean in 4-6 weeks) I get to ride around in style while I wait for my Model 3!

Thank you soooooo much!!!

How many miles? Color? Where was it located? Physically. What options? If you don't mind my asking. Gratz!