Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Dan,

Just want to be real clear on this. When I filter on "Clean Title History (Used Only)" (and nothing else), fully a third of the inventory listed on EV-CPO is screened out. Can you tell me what the specific criteria are used to merit Clean Title History? Title="not salvage"? Title="no accident on record"? Something else? I've been a subscribed member for a couple of months, only just noticed this filter today, and am kind of appalled at how much of Tesla's used inventory has a sketchy title status. Jeez. Great tool, BTW.

Hi Dan,

Just want to be real clear on this. When I filter on "Clean Title History (Used Only)" (and nothing else), fully a third of the inventory listed on EV-CPO is screened out. Can you tell me what the specific criteria are used to merit Clean Title History? Title="not salvage"? Title="no accident on record"? Something else? I've been a subscribed member for a couple of months, only just noticed this filter today, and am kind of appalled at how much of Tesla's used inventory has a sketchy title status. Jeez. Great tool, BTW.

Thanks for your subscription. I just added the "Clean Title History" filter criteria yesterday (see my post above).

Right now, there are only three values for "Title Status" for used cars:
  • Clean -- This means a "clean" Carfax with no reported accidents or major repairs
  • Previous Repairs -- This means that the Carfax indicates some level of repairs from an accident
  • n/a -- there is no title status provided.
Tesla does not sell salvage title cars, so you can assume that no cars listed are of 'salvage' quality.

If you don't filter on "Clean Title History" and add the "Vehicle History" column, you can see and sort on which used cars are "Clean" and "Prev Repairs".

Last edited:
Reactions: diplodocus
Thanks for your subscription. I just added the "Clean Title History" filter criteria yesterday (see my post above).

Right now, there are only three values for "Title Status" for used cars:
  • Clean -- This means a "clean" Carfax with no reported accidents or major repairs
  • Previous Repairs -- This means that the Carfax indicates some level of repairs from an accident
  • n/a -- there is no title status provided.
Tesla does not sell salvage title cars, so you can assume that no cars listed are of 'salvage' quality.

If you don't filter on "Clean Title History" and add the "Vehicle History" column, you can see and sort on which used cars are "Clean" and "Prev Repairs".

Ah, an excellent tool is now even better. Thanks!

With the new Tesla website changes for preowned vehicles, I’ve noticed that some of the cars that are listed with a limited 2 year warranty on ev-cpo don’t mention anything about a warranty on Tesla’s website. What are your thoughts about this?

Ok, looks like a bug/oversight with Tesla website. The Warranty indicator in the code for cars with the 2-year warranty is:

Code:
"PreownedWarrantyEligibility":"Pre-Owned Extended"

If you look at the one Model X with the 2-year warranty, it is displayed on Tesla's website for that car. It just doesn't show up for any Model Ss with that same code. So I call this a Tesla website bug, or if not a bug, then at a minimum, obfuscating the warranty for 2-year warranty Model Ss.

Tesla sells their used cars with one warranty or the other, they've said nothing about selling cars without any warranty at all.

Ok, it's not a bug, it's a feature!

There's another indicator in the code:

Code:
"DisplayWarranty":false

If that's 'false' it shows no warranty info. If it's true, it does.

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader as to why Tesla intentionally hides the 2-year warranty for some cars, and not for others.

Actually, on a real quick review (but requires more research) it appears as if cars that do not have a clean title (i.e. "previously repaired") do NOT display the warranty, while "clean" vehicle history cars do.

Hmm... does this mean that "Previously Repaired" cars outside of the four year warranty window get no warranty?

edit: No, that doesn't hold.. here's a 2-year warranty car, with clean title history, but still no warranty info displayed:

2014 Model S | Tesla

So it remains a mystery.

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric