Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice new site! Currently nothing shows up on it with the "Ludicrous" option filter as only requirement. Not sure if a bug or not since plenty show under desktop site.

Thanks.
That's a bug when switching between "Used" and "Inventory", which I've now fixed.
For used cars, select "Ludicrous" in the "Options" dropdown.
For new/inventory cars, you'd select "Long Range Performance".

Last edited:
Reactions: bluehills
Thanks for your feedback!

Would be interesting to see which filters people use the most and run a machine learning query to have that as a top pick selection.
Cheers

I am tracking country+model+used/new via Google Analytics (anonymously, of course!). Once the site has enough traffic, I can use that to tweak the initial selections.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
Moved from another thread:

this is what I am seeing on my ipad with the new site in chrome

It tries to optimize based on screen size. That's just the nature of Bootstrap.

Go to the Sort icon in the top right corner and select "2 columns" or "3 columns" (see below) [or even 1 column if you like]

upload_2020-2-24_21-12-57-png.514878

Last edited:
Looks like Tesla has finally what looks like "Build Date" to the data stream. This is now available as an additional column on EV-CPO.

They've also added an interesting field "Is Demo" which is either Yes or No (or blank). I've also added this as a column you can add to the data table. Currently the only cars to have IsDemo=Y are several sold inventory cars in Canada. No cars currently listed for sale are indicated as Demo cars.

It's there now. It was first added in Nov/2019 (see chart below) and then removed from the listings as sold on 2/27 just after midnight, and now just added back.

As I've mentioned before, neither EV-CPO nor any other site operate in real-time and scan the Tesla data at different schedules. So they're not always going to match up exactly at any one point in time.

upload_2020-2-29_12-7-22.png

Last edited:
Also, if you go to Tesla's website and plug in the zip code 90292 for Dania Beach, FL where that car is, it does not appear in the listings. So it was originally listed, then sold, and then relisted as available (the car detail page), but does not appear as available on the listings page. So it's what I call a "hidden" car for sale. It takes longer to find these as the backend has to scan through thousands of recently sold cars to find ones that only might have been re-listed, but never appear again on the listings page.

• Informative
Reactions: alloverx and DanCar
Hi. I love the site and recognise the huge amount of work that goes in to it.

I have been manually checking the Tesla used site for some time but only just now got in to EV-CPO properly. I started off looking up option codes a few weeks ago, and then subscribed this morning.

I had a couple of queries which I hope you dont mind me asking about. (I did read all 93 pages of the blog, but could have missed some points.)

1. How often does the data refresh? it doesnt seem to be as often as I expected (60 mins or so). A new listing today isnt showing up (VIN 138818). (I am selecting cars in the UK)

2. There seems to be a couple of cars on the Tesla site that EV-CPO isnt showing. Maybe I have somehow selected them out. (VINs 161730 161736). (again, in the UK).

3. There are a couple of cars that have been sold in the last few days but EV-CPO still shows them. Just thought I'd mention these to you but I'm less worried about them and I can easily ignore them. (VINs 134755 180437).

Anyway, thanks again for the great work.

Oh and by the way I have a Model S P85 that I love, but am now looking out for a newer 'D'.

I have been manually checking the Tesla used site for some time but only just now got in to EV-CPO properly. I started off looking up option codes a few weeks ago, and then subscribed this morning.

Welcome, and thanks for your subscription!

1. How often does the data refresh? it doesnt seem to be as often as I expected (60 mins or so). A new listing today isnt showing up (VIN 138818). (I am selecting cars in the UK)
2. There seems to be a couple of cars on the Tesla site that EV-CPO isnt showing. Maybe I have somehow selected them out. (VINs 161730 161736). (again, in the UK).

I knew someone was going to catch this overnight! I spent all day yesterday re-writing the backend code to be more robust and easier to maintain going forward. It wasn't fully tested, so instead of letting it run unattended overnight, I temporarily stopped all processes while I slept. :) I've restarted them this morning, and if you have alerts set up, you should have received several by now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. There are a couple of cars that have been sold in the last few days but EV-CPO still shows them. Just thought I'd mention these to you but I'm less worried about them and I can easily ignore them. (VINs 134755 180437).

The code that searches for and removes "sold" cars only runs once per day, since it generates thousands of requests to the Tesla website to confirm when a car is no longer available. It usually runs in the afternoon ET, so that's when you'll see those cars removed (alerts do not go out for removed listings).

• Helpful
A new listing today isnt showing up (VIN 138818). (I am selecting cars in the UK)
Maybe I have somehow selected them out. (VINs 161730 161736). (again, in the UK).

All three cars are listed now (see image below). 138818 was indeed a new listing added when the system caught up this morning.
The other two were definitely in the listings prior to yesterday (and have been listed since late last year).

upload_2020-3-6_7-57-51.png

• Helpful
All three cars are listed now (see image below). 138818 was indeed a new listing added when the system caught up this morning.
The other two were definitely in the listings prior to yesterday (and have been listed since late last year).

View attachment 518742

Thats great, thanks for the speedy reply and detailed explanation.

One thing I'd just like to check, at the back end of EV-CPO, the data is gettting refreshed regularly (most usually anyway).
Will my screen auto-update? I havent seen that happening. Even if my screen shows say, all 178 used model S in Europe, a figure which I would expect to change through the day.
So to refresh my view I think I have to hit Control R (Firefox, but probably same for others). There isnt a 'refresh' button just to update the table output on my screen as far as I can see. Did I misunderstand or am I just too impatient?

One thing I'd just like to check, at the back end of EV-CPO, the data is gettting refreshed regularly (most usually anyway).
Will my screen auto-update? I havent seen that happening. Even if my screen shows say, all 178 used model S in Europe, a figure which I would expect to change through the day.
So to refresh my view I think I have to hit Control R (Firefox, but probably same for others). There isnt a 'refresh' button just to update the table output on my screen as far as I can see. Did I misunderstand or am I just too impatient?

The Menu column on the left side will not update until you do a full page refresh. But all the results in the data table and stats summary and graph are in real-time every time you change or update the search or filter criteria. So those live numbers will disagree with the fixed numbers on the left panel. Since you've subscribed, the data you see (in the tables) is real-time, in that as soon as the EV-CPO database is updated, the results will show up.

Also, to 'refresh' the data table, you can just click on any column sort header and that pulls any new/changed data.

• Helpful
The Menu column on the left side will not update until you do a full page refresh. But all the results in the data table and stats summary and graph are in real-time every time you change or update the search or filter criteria. So those live numbers will disagree with the fixed numbers on the left panel. Since you've subscribed, the data you see (in the tables) is real-time, in that as soon as the EV-CPO database is updated, the results will show up.

Also, to 'refresh' the data table, you can just click on any column sort header and that pulls any new/changed data.

Wow you are very quick to respond! Thank you. And that was a very comprehensive answer.

Update notice!

When I first enabled email alerts in 2015, I had initially limited the alerts to only be sent out when price changes were $500 or greater. As a result, if a car moved up in price $100 five times over the course of a week, the total price was up $500, but no alerts were sent out since each individual price change was less than $500.

I received some feedback that people wanted to see all individual price changes, so I removed that $500 limit. So alerts were being sent out on every single price change no matter how small. This generally wasn't a problem since most price changes were significant ($250 or more).

But for the last year or so, either by design or just a Tesla pricing bot, there have been thousands of ±$10 changes in price, and each one would trigger an new email or SMS alert. Many times the price would go up $10 and then go down $10 several times a day. I attribute this to just data inconsistencies on the Tesla backed. But they were all price changes nonetheless.

So today I enhanced the backend to track cumulative price changes as well as absolute price changes. Each and every price change is recorded in the pricing history of each car, but now, alerts will only be sent out when the cumulative price changes are ±$250 or more. This will stop the multiple ±$10 price change alerts, and make the alerts much more meaningful. Unfortunately, at this point, I can not make this threshold a user-adjustable setting. That said, I am open to feedback for what the most appropriate cumulative price change threshold should be.

Thanks.