Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Awesome site!

For someone that is looking at buying CPO, this is way better then their website. One question, which Im sure has been asked so sorry if Im repeating whats already been said, Anyway to get features filtered? I need smart air and UHF and would love to be able to sort by that.

Thanks!

Yes, if you subscribe to the Premium option, smart air and UHF are sortable/filterable columns. Otherwise, you can put those specific option codes into the search box separated by spaces.

Thanks!

Yes, if you subscribe to the Premium option, smart air and UHF are sortable/filterable columns. Otherwise, you can put those specific option codes into the search box separated by spaces.

Thanks for the fast response, I'll be subscribing when Im ready to pull the trigger.

Quick question, is "Sound Studio Package" The same as UHF? For this VIN:
P14672 -
Your database says it has UHF, but the CPO site says sound studio. On the CPO site, some say UHF and some say Sound Studio, as if there is a difference?

Sound Studio is the old name for what is now called UHF. Both are the same enhancement though. As such, what Tesla's CPO page lists as a description is likely what it was called when the car was built. For instance, my CPO has Smart Air Suspension (Smart b/c it remembers where I set it to High or Very High based on GPS coordinates). When my car was built, the air suspension was not "smart". As such, the CPO page on Tesla's site used the only name when advertising my car and it lists the old name on my MVPA.

Sound Studio is the old name for what is now called UHF. Both are the same enhancement though. As such, what Tesla's CPO page lists as a description is likely what it was called when the car was built. For instance, my CPO has Smart Air Suspension (Smart b/c it remembers where I set it to High or Very High based on GPS coordinates). When my car was built, the air suspension was not "smart". As such, the CPO page on Tesla's site used the only name when advertising my car and it lists the old name on my MVPA.

Thanks. Your threads/replies have been invaluable in my pursuit of the MS. Im curious to see, over the next few weeks, how your CPO experience plays out.

Awesome site!

For someone that is looking at buying CPO, this is way better then their website. One question, which Im sure has been asked so sorry if Im repeating whats already been said, Anyway to get features filtered? I need smart air and UHF and would love to be able to sort by that.

Buy a subscription. You won't regret it. You can use filters from drop down menus. It's pretty awesome & well worth a couple bucks.

I think premium subscription for current listings starts at $6 for 1 month. Little more if you want the historical (sold/removed) listings. 1 month is the most expensive, gets cheaper /month if you order a longer term.

Seriously good value if you are actively looking.

ETA: There are 16 filters on the premium edition, and you can set one or as many as you like. You can sort any of the 21 columns. You can also setup custom email alerts. Go premium.

:)

Just so people can see, here's what the Premium option provides on the main page:

Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 10.39.43 PM.png

And here is the page to set up alerts for specific criteria:
Screen Shot 2015-08-07 at 10.40.09 PM.png

Looks like ~240 cars were removed from the US site and all but 1 from the Canadian site at 20:30 tonight. Any ideas as to what is happening?

Seems like a major inventory review to me - every CPO listed was added today, so they basically wiped the lot and are re-adding them. Prices of various S85 down (they were removed and re-added today), actual inventory cars (with A/P) seem to have gone up and some seem to have been re-added at the same price. And the price range of what is left is basically $70K-88K with a few outliers in each direction. I'm hoping the price of other cars which disappeared are also being re-evaluated - unless Uber bought a load of the CPOs ... oh wait, not autonomy ;)

Last edited:
I'm going to venture a guess that they removed most of the older cars (anything listed before 6/26), and will then re-listed them soon. This has the effect of relisting on the Consolidator all those April 27th cars that never moved -- they are all now "relisted" with the current date. In other words, they're gaming the Consolidator to change the listing dates. :) Which, is fine with me -- but they could have just asked me instead. But that's just my guess.

If they really wanted to do something good with the April 27 listings, they should just lower the price 5 or 10 grand.

In the long run they would sell more new cars by just getting more people looking at the cars on the road. The car sells itself. Everyone that gets in my car is amazed by what a great car it is. The reaction is always the same "I want one of these at my house".

Hank, I'm frequently getting multiple alerts from the same car. In one case, the car was removed and relisted a few days later, so I'd expect that. In others, I got multiple copies within a few hours from the first.

I can forward the emails off line so as not to clutter the forum.

Hank, I'm frequently getting multiple alerts from the same car. In one case, the car was removed and relisted a few days later, so I'd expect that. In others, I got multiple copies within a few hours from the first.

I can forward the emails off line so as not to clutter the forum.

It resets the alerts whenever a car is removed and re-added.. as well as whenever there is a price change. So it's possible the price changed shortly after re-listing.

Here's an example:

5 alerts on P50964, main part of alert email:
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $94,100 Date/Time added:2015-08-04 22:10
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $94,100 Date/Time added:2015-08-13 10:34
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-13 10:34
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-18 03:01
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-18 04:21

The price drop makes sense for the third alert, but I'm not sure why I got the 2nd, 4th, or 5th. Was it removed and re-added?

Commentary below:

VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $94,100 Date/Time added:2015-08-04 22:10
---> new car added alert sent

I'm guessing the car was removed
or hidden.. and then:

VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $94,100 Date/Time added:2015-08-13 10:34
--> alert sent because car was added back or unhidden
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-13 10:34
-- > At the same time, a price change, so another alert sent (they are independent tests, but I suppose I could suppress multiple alerts at the same time)

I'm guessing the car was removed or hidden again .. and then:

VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-18 03:01
--> alert sent because car was added back or unhidden
VIN: P50964found in San Francisco. UID: 597 Alert: 1 Price: $90,800 Date/Time added:2015-08-18 04:21
--> This one I can't figure out. Alerts are only sent when (1) a new car never seen before is added, (2) a price change, or (3) a hidden car is moved back to available.