Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, the SR, S, LR and Performance levels will most likely be "badges" or "trim" levels, like 75D and P100D were, so they won't be option codes. The codes that did appear were for the two new levels of Autopilot APBS and APFB. Also, BR06 which appears to be a standard range battery firmware lock (see Tesla needs to refresh the Model S, asap.), and MI04 which is being discussed here: Model S refresh "MI04"

• Informative
Reactions: mattack4000
Thanks.. yes we’ve seen it on new orders (see thread I linked above), but do you have the car yet?

Have you looked at the label on you battery?

When I say *I* haven’t seen the codes yet, it means in the Inventory car data stream.

Don't have the car yet sorry, will check when I get it. I am curious to see if orders between Jan-Feb will get the SR version, the one they sold for 2 months but never delivered.

Reactions: EV-CPO
Any chance you might bring back this part of the site?

https://ev-cpo.com/classic

It's been redirecting to the new one, which, frankly, I greatly do not prefer to the Classic.

Thanks!
From up thread replying to a differently worded question, so inital yes would be a no to yours...
Yes. Due to a sharp increase in corporate entities (investment firms, hedge funds, etc) stealing data from the website, I've had to make the 'Classic' version only available for paid subscriptions. I know that sounds counter-intuitive, but it's unfortunately necessary.

And before anyone blurts out "hey.... but you're getting the data free from Tesla!".. yes, that's true, and anyone or any company that wants the raw data can do exactly what I'm doing. But the data presented on my website represents several years of development and significant value-added to what Tesla provides. And if companies want to use my processed data for their for-profit purposes, I expect them to compensate me for my work.

Any chance you might bring back this part of the site?

https://ev-cpo.com/classic

It's been redirecting to the new one, which, frankly, I greatly do not prefer to the Classic.

Thanks!

I don't buy the excuse, the list is only what Tesla lists so investment funds etc could get the same data directly, they've certainly the resources to scan a bit of data, and there are other sites with more comprehensive listings including mixing in Teslas hidden stock (which is where the value is for them) and the wider market...

You certainly shouldn't need to pay for data that's just listed on Tesla website in my opinion, email notifications, alerts etc, maybe, but that's all. I suggest you just use one of the other listing sites like those below which as far as I can see are totally free, one will have a format you probably like.

teslainventory.teslastats.no
Tesla Info: a guide to buying and owning plus all inventory listings
FindMyEv

I don't buy the excuse, the list is only what Tesla lists so investment funds etc could get the same data directly, they've certainly the resources to scan a bit of data, and there are other sites with more comprehensive listings including mixing in Teslas hidden stock (which is where the value is for them) and the wider market...

You certainly shouldn't need to pay for data that's just listed on Tesla website in my opinion, email notifications, alerts etc, maybe, but that's all. I suggest you just use one of the other listing sites like those below which as far as I can see are totally free, one will have a format you probably like.

teslainventory.teslastats.no
Tesla Info: a guide to buying and owning plus all inventory listings
FindMyEv

A bit harsh but if I was an investment house I doubt I'd be worried about a few dollars a month to buy access if it was that valuable.

I don't buy the excuse, the list is only what Tesla lists so investment funds etc could get the same data directly, they've certainly the resources to scan a bit of data, and there are other sites with more comprehensive listings including mixing in Teslas hidden stock (which is where the value is for them) and the wider market....

I'm sorry you don't buy the excuse, but why would I lie about it? It's not just one, not just two, but several firms have been systematically stealing the data from the website. And yes, they can get the raw data for free from Tesla, but that requires a lot of technical knowledge that these analysts just don't have and they're certainly not doing that. As an analyst, it's much easier to copy/paste some webpage and put into Excel than it is to dig into the internals of how dynamic websites work and write code to digest all that raw data into valuable information, which is what EV-CPO does. Again, what would I get out of it by making this up?

A bit harsh but if I was an investment house I doubt I'd be worried about a few dollars a month to buy access if it was that valuable.

I can't speak to the motivations of these people, but in a few cases, the analysts would sign up for a new account with a different email address every two weeks just to get the 'free trial' and download the entire database. Why they didn't want to subscribe for a few dollars for full access is puzzling. But I've put a tremendous amount of work into the site and the back-end data processing (and keeping up with the constant internal format changes Tesla makes), so I'm not just going to stand by while FOR-PROFIT industries steal the data for their profit-making activities. I don't know about anyone else here, but I surely don't like being stolen from or working for free.

If EV-CPO doesn't offer anything of value, why are so many people and firms trying to steal the data?

Last edited:
I can't speak to the motivations of these people, but in a few cases, the analysis would sign up for a new account with a different email address every two weeks just to get the 'free trial' and download the entire database. Why they didn't want to subscribe for a few dollars for full access is puzzling. But I've put a tremendous amount of work into the site and the back-end data processing (and keeping up with the constant internal format changes Tesla makes), so I'm not just going to stand by while FOR-PROFIT industries steal the data for their profit-making activities. I don't know about anyone else here, but I surely don't like being stolen from or working for free.

It is odd as writing code to rip a web site must surely cost more than paying a few dollars to gain access. And I appreciate you've done a lot of work, as have all the consolidators, so yes, having your work stolen can't be any fun.

Reactions: EV-CPO
I'm also sad the classic interface is gone, but I get why Hank pulled it. I'm incredibly lazy, and if someone was already basically doing the job I had to do and I could just copy pasta their work with no repercussions, I probably would as well. Ah well, it was fun while it lasted.

On the grand scheme of things this is nitpicking but here goes...

My work computer has 3X 4K monitors but your Web site always complains about opening the window in landscape mode :p My browser window on a 4K display probably has more horizontal pixels than most browser windows open in full screen mode on lower resolution displays... Can your code only show this warning for 1080P and lower resolution displays?