Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and we've had P85D where the ludicrous flag isn't always set a

That's not a valid comparison because that was an option 100% added to those cars after delivery, and only sometimes did the SERVICE CENTER go back and add the BP01 code to the car's option code list. What we're talking about here are new cars that have never left the factory having inconsistent option coding.

Unless you have been told by Tesla the definitions of the codes, you're just trying to work out a pattern to make them fit, just because you've not fully cracked the pattern it doesn't mean there isn't one.

Yes, Tesla publishes the codes and their meanings and descriptions in several places and data streams. There's no pattern to "crack" -- the usage was simple: Option Code==Option on the car's listing page. That's how option codes work for Tesla and every other car manufacture out there. This is the first example of where that's not the case, and Tesla is doing some black-box post-processing on the option codes to actually mean different things when people buy the cars. So yes, this is 100% an inconsistency on Tesla's end.

• Informative
Reactions: SmartElectric
You, yourself, pointed out how it's not accurate. :rolleyes:

I've looked again - and read other sites that dont seem to have the same problem, it looks like that price was the at the time of production so was actually correct, as as all the other option prices you can see on your competitor sites.

I've never seen Tesla publish a list and a good search hasn't thrown one up, only sites like teslastuff and tim dorr on github and they look hopelessly out of date now.

I've looked again - and read other sites that dont seem to have the same problem, it

Then you're not looking hard enough.

, it looks like that price was the at the time of production so was actually correct,

Ok, so for the "option price list", it's OK for Tesla to list the options at the "time of production" but for APFB, it's ok for Tesla to change the meaning of the option code after production? Make up your mind, George.. you can't have it both ways. Which one is it? You're just weakening your own arguments.

I've never seen Tesla publish a list and a good search hasn't thrown one up, only sites like teslastuff and tim dorr on github and they look hopelessly out of date now.

Again, then you're obviously not looking in the right places. You crashed onto the scene very late in the game and with no knowledge or actual experience and now you're acting like some kind of option code expert using Google? Please. Just because you haven't seen anything yourself doesn't mean it does or didn't exist. That's phenomenally ignorant. Do you think we just made it all up?

If you want to have a meaningful, intelligent discourse, and offer constructive criticisms, I'm always open for that. But the only thing you do is troll and attack me and my site with weak or illogical arguments based on nothing but your own extremely limited experience. You never offer anything of value. I'm sorry, but I refuse to continue this level of discourse or further reply to such nonsense.

Last edited:
FWIW, my Saturn fresh from the dealer, had a different radio than the option code for the VIN (they didn't my combo on the lot, so they swapped it out).

Given that AP/EAP/FSD are all SW options/ upgrades, the wheels used to be swapped at the delivery center, and Ludicrous was a post delivery upgrade (along with pack unlocking) I'm not surprised that 'as sold 'does not match 'as built'.

Reactions: BigNick
I've now made it so APFB no longer denotes "Full Self Driving" and only APF2 does.

But I suspect this will change again when Tesla decides what their option codes actually mean.

Thank you to everyone who helped tease this out.

I spot checked 20 Model Xs and every one of them matched between what you have on EV-CPO and what is on the Tesla website. Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: SmartElectric
Hank - you got it wrong, a guy bought a car thinking it had a 5k option it didn't because of your site and you show no remorse you just blame Tesla. A guy points to a data feed that Tesla provide and you dismiss it, you don't even comment on that point, and you just blame Tesla again saying they're unreliable, but then all you do is repurpose what Tesla tell you. Chill man, put your hand up and say sorry to the guy that's not got FSD because he trusted you.

• Disagree
Reactions: Don TLR
I know I should not engage such an accusation, but I will anyway:

Hank - you got it wrong, a guy bought a car thinking it had a 5k option it didn't because of your site and you show no remorse you just blame Tesla.

Yes, I blame Tesla because they are the ones who completely changed the meaning of an option code APFB from meaning FSD is included, to meaning that FSD is an optional purchase/add-on. The change they made is entirely inconsistent with everything they've done to date. We also don't know exactly when they made this change. There's no possible way I could have divined out of the ether that Tesla was going to do this. I'm good, but I'm not that good.

. A guy points to a data feed that Tesla provide and you dismiss it, you don't even comment on that point,

I did not dismiss it. In fact I explained in very clear detail the original source of that data and why it's not accurate. See my post here: EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread

and you just blame Tesla again saying they're unreliable, but then all you do is repurpose what Tesla tell you.

I said they are now being inconsistent with one new option code, which I can work around (and have). I did not say they were unreliable (those are your words)... And yes, it follows that most data errors or inconsistencies in their source data will be reflected in EV-CPO (except the ones I can code around or fix).

Chill man, put your hand up and say sorry to the guy that's not got FSD because he trusted you.

If I had done something wrong or negligent, or was able to read the minds of Tesla and fix the problem when (or before) it occurred, but actually didn't fix anything, then I would be liable and owe people an apology. @PDFS first posted about this problem on Monday. I worked with him (in this thread) on Monday and Tuesday to how to best supply information to appeal to Tesla. It wasn't until yesterday that CmdrThor added some more and very helpful information on what's actually going on. I even posted my theories and request for suggestions yesterday here: EV-CPO.com CPO Consolidator support thread. And due to that (and other information gathered since), I fixed the website today. The best I can do is be proactive and fix such problems as soon as they are identified, which is exactly what I've done.

He has started working on it
M3 Inventory cars now on Tesla site.

Ok, I'm making headway... a lot of things are different from the MS/MX codebase. I've got the data loaded, now to create a modified interface for Model 3. Not sure I can or want to integrate it into the MS/MX interface since there are so few options for Model 3. Just for example, here is a entire option code list for one inventory Model 3 unit:

APBS,DV2W,IN3BB,PPMR,PRM30,SC04,W38B,MT301

That's it! Compare that to an MS/MX option code list.

So far I can load about 200 Model 3s, but the code is still running. Unfortunately, we have guests coming over shortly for the holiday, and I have to step away for more "domestic" tasks. :):( Not sure the wife would appreciate me retreating to the office for the rest of the day. I hope to have something workable online later today or tomorrow.

Site says there are 0 inventory vehicles available. Is this correct @EV-CPO?

Looks OK to me. What are you looking at?

upload_2019-4-23_8-16-21.png