Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received it as an email with a little more detail:

** Only 20c per kWh & no costs per minute
------------------------------------------------------------

To celebrate World EV Day we offer you cheaper prices across all our Evie Networks locations. You can now charge your EV for 20c per kWh & no costs per minute. 1 Week only!

** Happy World EV Day!
------------------------------------------------------------

Celebrate EV ownership in Australia with Evie Networks! Charge your EV for only 20c per kWh and no costs per minute. Offer applies to all our charging locations.

* Charge quick & cheap with only 20c per kWh at our fast & ultra-fast charging stations.
* Cheaper prices across our whole network.
* Offer lasts until the 16th of September 2020

Standard T&Cs apply. For more information see www.goevie.com.au.

I assume they're testing to see how price-responsive the demand is.

I’m still hanging out for Evie to set up those suburban gateway chargers in Sydney that they touted ages ago.

There was a song and dance about Seven Hills a few months ago. It’s a cheekily good choice of site, in-between the M2 toll and the M7 toll, though it’s unlikely I’ll find it useful often. But I saw no progress the last few times I was in the area & swung past for a sticky-beak.

It seems clear that Tesla doesn’t give a crap. The only supercharger they’ve opened in Sydney recently was the replacement at Macquarie Park for the one they ripped out at St Leonards. We need these private operators to step up. Even if their pricing model (Evie) or their reliability (Chargefox) needs some work.

Long distance rail is far easier to electrify than road transport. The trams in Newcastle are an interesting model, as they only have overhead at the tram stops to recharge the supercapacitors. You could put overhead where trains have to accelerate hard, both to power the motors, and to recharge the batteries. Also add wires intermittently wherever it's convenient to build them, but run off batteries the rest of the time. Hydrogen wouldn't help in that model. And train crews would be mortally opposed to having enormous wagons full of hydrogen behind every locomotive.

Trucking would be so much cheaper with electricity that reducing the capacity wouldn't be that big a deal. Less maintenance. Diesel is kinda expensive. And Tesla's convoy mode could exploit drafting to get around limitations in trailer combinations in some parts of the country.

Aircraft are an interesting exception to the rule, but that hysterical newsreel of the Hindenburg would be a perpetual noose around the neck of every operator that announces plans to introduce them.

As distinct from diesel?

Yes. Diesel is combustible but not flammable. Hydrogen is highly flammable in the presence of oxygen. Big difference.

Electrification cost of our long haul rail which many lines only get a few services a day is not cost effective.

Hydrogen is far less cost effective in remote areas. Where would it even come from? How would it get there? Who would safely maintain the storage facilities?

No pricing on Noosaville.
But looks like a 50kW unit at Buderim has also opened in the past month.

Buderim is priced at 40c/kWh.
Which is far more appropriate for the 50kW chargers.
Also from Plugshare charging 35c/kWh for AC charging.

(A Mod might also want to retitle this thread given its become the general Evie Networks thread)

Last edited: