Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The device needs to check a given RFID card ID is valid/authorised EVIE card associated with an account. Likely the device only keeps a record of previously used cards that it confirms with a central server as valid as apposed to periodically syncing a local copy of a network based database of all such cards. As the network is out it cannot check on the validity of a previously unseen card.
I thought it might be something like that.

The first thing I am doing when our MY is delivered is stop at all the chargers I will commonly use and charge using the card.

I would assume there would be a similar thing in place for Chargefox also.

I thought it might be something like that.

The first thing I am doing when our MY is delivered is stop at all the chargers I will commonly use and charge using the card.

I would assume there would be a similar thing in place for Chargefox also.
I should really look into sourcing these RFID cards for chargers im likely to come across

Reactions: Goneincognito
Gah. Remember when you could pay for stuff without an internet connection? Seems like a potentially significant 'national security' vulnerability to have transport linked with something as fragile as the 'mobile internet'. But hey that's not my field so perhaps it's not as stupid as it seems to the uninformed.

I wonder whether chargers at staffed petrol stations could be paid for in the normal way (cash at the register). Presume not for 3rd-party chargers (like ChargeFoxes etc) but maybe the Ampol (?) and potentially BP (?) ones.

I wonder whether chargers at staffed petrol stations could be paid for in the normal way (cash at the register). Presume not for 3rd-party chargers (like ChargeFoxes etc) but maybe the Ampol (?) and potentially BP (?) ones.
I doubt it, at least in terms of BP. You can't even pay for a BP Pulse charging session with a BP Fuel Card, and nor does it attract BP Rewards.

It looks like they have a completely separate system behind the scenes, with no integration into their normal business operation. Snifing around, I personally wonder whether the whole this is outsourced to an external "White label" supplier.

Reactions: Zoltrix77
I doubt it, at least in terms of BP. You can't even pay for a BP Pulse charging session with a BP Fuel Card, and nor does it attract BP Rewards.

It looks like they have a completely separate system behind the scenes, with no integration into their normal business operation. Snifing around, I personally wonder whether the whole this is outsourced to an external "White label" supplier.
Interop standards like OCPP/OCPI would make that easier/possible, wouldn't they?

I should really look into sourcing these RFID cards for chargers im likely to come across

Thatā€™s the first thing I did with every charging provider Iā€™ve used (ChargePoint, Chargefox, Evie and SmartCharge) - ordered an RFID card. ChargePoint have since exited, but I still have their card and apparently their few remaining chargers that are still working will still respond to it.

Reactions: dronus
I just feel sorry for all the small business owners who lost trade today because hardly anyone carries cash. A friend who owns a bakery lost about 75% of his trade today and still has to pay his staff and do something with the food. He has bought Telstra dongles to hotspot his eftpos machines to now and keeps them in each store just in case.
And the govt wants to push us to a cashless digital economy..
I heard the new ticket machines on Adelaide metro fell over today too.

Reactions: Hairyman