Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Evie EV charging networks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FB_IMG_1711610856886.jpg

Evie has swapped out the CHAdeMO plug at Leichhardt Marketplace to CCS2. It must have happened only very recently. It was certainly there 2 weeks ago. When Evie split the site in February, the stall closest to the ramp kept its CHAdeMO plug, while the relocated stall had the CHAdeMO Plug replaced with CCS2 to make it 2 x CCS2.

The unfortunate thing about this is that my wife actually needed to charge the LEAF while out and about today - a very rare thing - and went there for a quick topup, only to find she couldn’t. She managed to limp the car home.

The unfortunate thing about this is that my wife actually needed to charge the LEAF while out and about today - a very rare thing - and went there for a quick topup, only to find she couldn’t. She managed to limp the car home.

Might be time to buy the adapter.

Only USD $1050 delivered. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: JonDarian
Might be time to buy the adapter.

Yeah, nah… 🤣 that’s a significant price drop though. The first one that came out only a few months ago cost more than AUD 3000, and you had to buy two!

If the price got down to AUD 200 I’d think about it… but we’d so rarely use it. If we had a 2nd Gen LEAF with longer range it would make more sense, because it is more likely we’d go on longer trips with it and need an adaptor to not get stranded.

Reactions: johnchidgey
Riverwood NSW chargers online, haven't checked it out yet. Given the number of apartment buildings nearby suspect heavy usage
Gave it a go last night, the unit with 2x CCS2 was on and working, the other unit with 1x CCS2 and 1x CHAdeMO was off (and cones in the two parking bays). Activated with a RFID card as it wasn't showing in the Evie app last night, but it appears to be today.

First time at Riverwood Plaza... what a confusingly laid out car park... happy I gave it a go at 10:30pm and not during 'peak hour' on a weekday!

Reactions: Futuretech
Tried to use the Evie 22 kW chargers at the Southern Cross Club in Woden, ACT today: completely hopeless, all four (!) plugs said "charging starting" but never actually juiced up. There's somebody on Plugshare complaining about the same issue back in February and zero successful charges since, so clearly they've been broken for a while.

Bonus: as far as I can tell you can't even report problems on the app, so I can't even tell if Evie doesn't care, or just hasn't noticed that nobody has used the damn things for weeks on end.

Sorry, but every time I see that somewhere it pushes one of my buttons.
It's a charger not a bloody orange! You charge, not juice.
You might've missed English classes so I'll let ChatGPT help you.. :p

A metaphor is a figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable. Instead of using a direct comparison, like a simile does with "like" or "as," a metaphor implies a comparison directly, suggesting that one thing is another. This enriches language, making descriptions more vivid and impactful by invoking our senses, emotions, and imagination.