Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EVmote App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I created an account and linked my car a couple of months ago. After a short time I decided to delete my account and thought the warning "You can delete your account, but keep in mind that this is irreversible" meant all the information stored about me and my car would be deleted.

Today I created a new account and linked it to the same car and found the trips from the old account still in the trip history. A bit disappointing.

I created an account and linked my car a couple of months ago. After a short time I decided to delete my account and thought the warning "You can delete your account, but keep in mind that this is irreversible" meant all the information stored about me and my car would be deleted.

Today I created a new account and linked it to the same car and found the trips from the old account still in the trip history. A bit disappointing.

You're absolutely right that this is misleading. It's not bad intent on my part - I just finished the part with the warning message and account deletion, but never finished the part where it deletes all of your trip history. I'll add that to the list of things that needs to get done and mark it high priority. In the mean time, I'm happy to delete your data manually if you'd like.
I have no intention of ever using the GPS data for any reason other than to show you where you've driven. I'll never share it with anyone else, and will never sell or distribute it. I consider it your data, not mine.
Here's the Github Issue, if you want to track it: GPS data isnt removed at account deletion · Issue #53 · rsteckler/evmote · GitHub

Thanks,
Ryan

Hello, using the app for a few days now and like the ability to look back at your travels! Thanks for developing that tool!

Is there a way to show the numbers of kWh used during a trip vs the %age used?

Thanks

Yep! I've already captured that request. If you'd like to star the issue, or stay up to date on progress, it's here:
Gather statistics for each trip · Issue #25 · rsteckler/evmote · GitHub

Hey Ryan!

Thank you for addressing the deletion issue. I truly believe you are without malicious intent. But the paranoid part of me would still like control over the data.

Even though you might be a good guy the service and the data can still be compromised by an adversary.

And yeah, if you could delete my data I would appreciate it :) My VIN is in my signature. I can send you the email I used to register via PM if needed.

Or perhaps they have not been identified yet... they are not often used I would imagine?

I think some of the posters in the Model S REST API thread do some pretty extensive searching whenever a new version comes out. I am confident that if there was a way to control the profiles from the API, we would know about it.

Edit: some examples--

Updated firmware from v7.0 (2.7.56) to v7 (2.9.12) Some new fields added:

CommandName=charge_state -- Added Fields
Added Field = charge_port_latch -- Observed value: "Engaged"
Added Field = charge_current_request -- Observed value: 40, 80, ... amps
Added Field = charge_current_request_max -- Observed value: 40, 80, ... amps
Added Field = managed_charging_active -- Observed value: true or false
Added Field = managed_charging_user_canceled -- Observed value: true or false
Added Field = managed_charging_start_time -- Observed value: null

CommandName=vehicle_state -- Added Fields
Added Field = car_type -- Observed value: "s"
Added Field = third_row_seats -- Observed value: "None"

In my interface, I have a list of the known fields. Whenever the firmware release changes the routine looks for dropped or added fields and creates a report.

The Observed values were added by hand after I looked at the results over a period of time. Other values are quite possible depending on your car model, options, etc.

Hi all,
I've spent the last few days fixing some of the bugs in the queue. I also added a new Trip Export feature. You can now download all of your GPS points as a CSV spreadsheet (compatible with Excel). This also lays the groundwork for other export options.

I've also noticed that some users are no longer properly logged in to their Tesla accounts via evMote. Since I don't store anyone's MyTesla passwords, there's no way for me to log you back in. There are a variety of reasons that you can get logged out: Changing your MyTesla password, and the "token" expiring after 60-90 days are the most common. If you're unable to see your trips or your dashboard on evMote right now, expect to get an automated email telling you how to fix it in the next few days. If you want to get a jump on that, the fix is simple: Log in to evMote and go to the MyAccount section. Then, re-enter your MyTesla password. Note that the MyTesla password is in a different section that the evMote password. The interface is a little confusing right now, so I'll try to make it more clear soon.

Thanks!
Ryan

Ryan,
)
Thanks for the CSV export. I am playing with Excel right now, I might make my template available for everyone to use with their data. It shows some analysis that you don't (want to) support on your site (yet).

I got a message saying that my password expired. I re-entered it, but the service is not showing any trip from after that change. Is that feature working ?

hi Ryan, is it possible to get subscribed at this point? Or is there a waiting list? Tnx

I currently have it limited to 225 people, and there's a waiting list of about 80 more. I'm going to open it up *very* soon. Hopefully later this week, or early next week!
Hang in there!

- - - Updated - - -

Ryan,
)
Thanks for the CSV export. I am playing with Excel right now, I might make my template available for everyone to use with their data. It shows some analysis that you don't (want to) support on your site (yet).

I got a message saying that my password expired. I re-entered it, but the service is not showing any trip from after that change. Is that feature working ?

I'd love if you share the template. I might be able to find a way to make it the default export template, as well!
Let's get the password/trip thing figured out. Can you email me at [email protected] with your email? I'll take a look at the account and see what's going on.

Thanks,
Ryan

I know some of you are interested in how the app works. Last time I showed a dashboard from Kibana that tracks the log files. Here's another dashboard that's used to monitor the traffic. Just for fun!
evmoteappd.png