Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Executive Escalation gone? Horrible Service from Pomona, Ca

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, I usually do not post threads like this as I'm a pretty easy going person, but I took my 2013 P85 in for service to the newer Pomona/Walnut, Ca service center a few weeks ago to address a few issues. One of them being the sunroof, at one point it would not open at all, it basically studders (for the lack of a better term) when it opens, it does not open to the desired request (choose to open to 75% and only opens to 50%). What sounds like the motor(s) towards the front of the sunroof are clicking. When I dropped off my car, it was exhibiting this behavior, they had my car for 1 week!!! I picked it up, it opened fine when I drove off, that same night, the symptoms came back. On top of that, they scratched my tint on the passenger front window and they put scratches on my rear passenger door. I called the service center and they requested pictures via email, which I did, the person also scheduled ANOTHER service visit for MAY 21st!!!! He said he would let the service adviser know what happened so that he could call me and see if they could get me in quicker, that was last week!!!!

So now I have to wait until May 21st, to take my car back in to address an issue that should have been fixed the entire week they had my car. Not to mention I will have to get my front passenger window re-tinted and hopefully they can buff out the scratches on the door. Does anyone have an executive email, phone number? Im hoping someone from Tesla will see this and make things right.

Reactions: darxsys
Best thing to do is call the service center and ask to speak with the manager. Explain your situation and I'm sure he (or she) will make it right. Unfortunately, with the influx of new Model 3's the service centers are overwhelmed and appointments are being scheduled weeks out. Speaking with the service center manager will be your best option to get the situation resolved.

Tesla service is regretfully the worst I have ever had to deal with. The characterization of everything as NTF and just hoping it and/or will go away without resolution is beyond the pale.

I have now been amazed at the disregard for the customer. My wife's Model S has not been able to update this year and has failed to update at least four times in a row. I generate an appointment on the app since no one at the service center has ever answered the phone... they texted me that they have had an opening four days earlier and automatically rescheduled my appointment for me. I admit I had to wait forever for the appointment but to reschedule it without consent it truly amazing. I have to make plans with other people and my job to bring my car in for the 8th time this year... and now I have to change my planned appointment because it works better for them.

Let's make this a thread of experiences.

Tesla service is the worst. I wish them upon no one. From my experience, Bellevue service center is a complete disaster. I went there a few months ago and witnessed a guy literally shouting and cursing at one of the service center people. Now I understand why, they are utterly useless.

They kept my car for TWO weeks, didn't fix any of the rattles I reported. The technicians made a fool out of me saying they can't repro half of them. I said fine, then left hoping maybe some of them went away. Sure enough, they were all there with some NEW ones. Then I stormed the service center a few days later with a very pissed off attitude and the foreman went with me and heard every single one of the rattles and admitted they made a mistake, but couldn't take me in immediately cause they were simply flooded.

Going back for the third time in a month to try fixing some of these issues. I think I will just trade in or sell the car before that, I am dreading the day I have to go there for another bullshit appointment.

I wish we still had executive escalation so that I can report this.

Let's make this a thread of experiences.

If you read most of my posts, I've been very critical of Tesla... as an owner of 3 of their vehicles since 2013; without a doubt their service/support has gotten significantly worse. Their new directive in trying to avoid all human contact is absolutely absurd (App scheduling, Disabled Web Chat, Texting, etc.).

That said, I've had two recent and urgent circumstances regarding failed MCU's (very bitter about that as well)... and the Pomona service center has been very accommodating (again, once I am able to break through to a human).

Recent Pomona Experience:
  • Saturday 4/20 : Failed MCU / Black Center Screen / Brake & Thumb wheel Resets won't work / Air Conditioning won't turn off / Out of Warranty.

• Monday 4/22: App scheduling shows May 18. Able to contact human... "yes, go ahead and drop it off today; though we can't guarantee when we can get it back to you. Unfortunately, we don't have any loaners."
  • Tuesday 4/23: Morning text "We're looking at it". Afternoon call "You can pick it up. Had to do a hard reset and firmware update. Thank you"
5 stars this round.

However, it's very very clear that staff really do care, and really want to help but are crippled by resources and upper management idiocracy.

Message to the Tesla mothership (because I know you read this)... BRING BACK THE HUMANS!

Last edited:
Reactions: Missile Toad
If you read most of my posts, I've been very critical of Tesla... as an owner of 3 of their vehicles since 2013; without a doubt their service/support has gotten significantly worse. Their new directive in trying to avoid all human contact is absolutely absurd (App scheduling, Disabled Web Chat, Texting, etc.).

That said, I've had two recent and urgent circumstances regarding failed MCU's (very bitter about that as well)... and the Pomona service center has been very accommodating (again, once I am able to break through to a human).

Recent Pomona Experience:
  • Saturday 4/20 : Failed MCU / Black Center Screen / Brake & Thumb wheel Resets won't work / Air Conditioning won't turn off / Out of Warranty.

• Monday 4/22: App scheduling shows May 18. Able to contact human... "yes, go ahead and drop it off today; though we can't guarantee when we can get it back to you. Unfortunately, we don't have any loaners."
  • Tuesday 4/23: Morning text "We're looking at it". Afternoon call "You can pick it up. Had to do a hard reset and firmware update. We'll waive the diagnostics fee.
5 stars this round.

However, it's very very clear that staff really do care, and really want to help but are hamstrung by resources and upper management idiocracy.

Message to the Tesla mothership (because I know you read this sh*t)... BRING BACK THE F*%CKING HUMANS!

Thanks for that info, very interesting. I am not at all convinced that most of the staff actually cares. I ran into a few that seemed like they did, but then didn't do any of the things they promised to do. It's a complete *sugar* show.

Thanks for that info, very interesting. I am not at all convinced that most of the staff actually cares. I ran into a few that seemed like they did, but then didn't do any of the things they promised to do. It's a complete *sugar* show.

They're frustrated which leads to apathy. They are human... just too few of them and lack of proper management/direction. Layoffs don't help.

They're frustrated which leads to apathy. They are human... just too few of them and lack of proper management/direction. Layoffs don't help.

That's a good point, although I thought that layoffs in service aren't a thing. I really wish Elon keeps his promise about focusing on service this year. I seriously want to just sell my car and get out of this Tesla mess, it's been much worse than I hoped for.

That's a good point, although I thought that layoffs in service aren't a thing. I really wish Elon keeps his promise about focusing on service this year. I seriously want to just sell my car and get out of this Tesla mess, it's been much worse than I hoped for.
When Elon said he'll take care of service, he meant he will eliminate it. This is why he's pushing the 1M mile car, no services needed vision. I bet, like with FSD, he already thinks he's there.

Well, I usually do not post threads like this as I'm a pretty easy going person, but I took my 2013 P85 in for service to the newer Pomona/Walnut, Ca service center a few weeks ago to address a few issues. One of them being the sunroof, at one point it would not open at all, it basically studders (for the lack of a better term) when it opens, it does not open to the desired request (choose to open to 75% and only opens to 50%). What sounds like the motor(s) towards the front of the sunroof are clicking. When I dropped off my car, it was exhibiting this behavior, they had my car for 1 week!!! I picked it up, it opened fine when I drove off, that same night, the symptoms came back. On top of that, they scratched my tint on the passenger front window and they put scratches on my rear passenger door. I called the service center and they requested pictures via email, which I did, the person also scheduled ANOTHER service visit for MAY 21st!!!! He said he would let the service adviser know what happened so that he could call me and see if they could get me in quicker, that was last week!!!!

So now I have to wait until May 21st, to take my car back in to address an issue that should have been fixed the entire week they had my car. Not to mention I will have to get my front passenger window re-tinted and hopefully they can buff out the scratches on the door. Does anyone have an executive email, phone number? Im hoping someone from Tesla will see this and make things right.
Contact a manager at Fremont from the main Tesla number. You are not alone and will help others.

So my understanding was that Tesla was planning to deploy more mobile service units in an effort to reduce wait times and overall hassle. There have been 1 or 2 threads here where someone mentioned a positive experience with mobile service. One poster mentioned that, atleast in his area, the default is to send mobile service unless the car absolutely needs to go to a workshop to be fixed. Has that not actually happened or not happened consistently?

So my understanding was that Tesla was planning to deploy more mobile service units in an effort to reduce wait times and overall hassle. There have been 1 or 2 threads here where someone mentioned a positive experience with mobile service. One poster mentioned that, atleast in his area, the default is to send mobile service unless the car absolutely needs to go to a workshop to be fixed. Has that not actually happened or not happened consistently?
I have used mobile service at least 3 wonderful times. But I didn’t rely on the app and called Buena Park directly and worked with one excellent mobile service manager named Chris. Hope that helps someone in the southern CA area.

I've taken our car to the Tesla Pomona / Walnut Service Center twice with awesome results:

1) Autopilot disabled due to front sensor misalignment from auto body shop repainting my front bumper. Fixed in 1 day.

2) complete replacement of rear bumper, valence & chrome trim after I was rear ended. Josh Enriquez at Tesla Pomona was AWESOME having our Tesla ready in 4 business days. AMAZING since 3rd party Tesla "certified" body shops had me significantly higher estimates which also stated I would be responsible for their body shop rates being higher than State Farm's Insurance estimate... and it was up to ME to get State Farm to approve the "supplement" (shortfall). Josh handled everything including the supplement... and the work was first class.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
My Orlando SC hasn't answered a phone in years. You have to call the national service number and maybe you will get a call back in a couple of days. I had a nail in my tire but not flat or losing air and called Tesla to find the price of a tire. The woman who answered was in Montreal and didn't have the price. She wanted to send a service truck to me. I didn't need a tow/tire changed by them since I was at a tire store but tire store said that Tesla won't sell one to them. She said she could give me the price in Canadian dollars but didn't know how to convert that to American. She again said she wanted to send a service truck. I hung up. SIGH!

My Orlando SC hasn't answered a phone in years. You have to call the national service number and maybe you will get a call back in a couple of days. I had a nail in my tire but not flat or losing air and called Tesla to find the price of a tire. The woman who answered was in Montreal and didn't have the price. She wanted to send a service truck to me. I didn't need a tow/tire changed by them since I was at a tire store but tire store said that Tesla won't sell one to them. She said she could give me the price in Canadian dollars but didn't know how to convert that to American. She again said she wanted to send a service truck. I hung up. SIGH!
You don’t need tesla for tires
Just go to a good tire shop in your area

Reactions: whitex
1M mile car will not exist.
Electronics fail, they just do, having no service centers to fix the issues is not realistic.
Neither is your car driving itself for robotaxi service in 2 years, or FSD coast to coast by end of 2017, etc, etc. I didn't say Elon will succeed with it any time soon, just he actually makes plans based on his own claims, so when those fail to materialize, it usually causes a domino effect. In this case I didn't say he plans on no service centers, just not that many of them if only the odd broken car needs attention. Most 1M mile cars should not need attention from Tesla - consumables like tires, brakes, wipers, etc, can be done outside of Tesla.

Last edited: