Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

F-150 Ford Lightning

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Figured I'd bump this thread

I'm planning on a BAK Revolver X4s tonneau and a bed rug. The frunk on the Lightning is nice, but I've filled the entire hatch and back seat area of my MS with Christmas presents and Thanksgiving supplies before, so I know I'll need more covered space for some trips with the Lightning. This combo should let the bed function more like a giant trunk when needed and still let me load motorcycles and other stuff in the bed. Here's the tonneau:

I have the BAKFlip Fibermax on my F-150. Works great. I also have the factory spray liner and purchased the factory bed mat - which helps prevent things from sliding around in the bed.

67E471D6-0F7B-4248-B975-32891E690770.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Zer0t and Cosmacelf
USA is crazy, you can switch to an EV truck and save only $1750. So cheap gas.
Compared to the average new vehicle. Not compared to the average new full size truck.

If you switch from a Camry 4 cylinder to a Lighting.

If you live in California and are switching from an F150 3.5L TT Eco Boost things are a tad different. Gas cost $6/gallon right now and if you charge overnight on TOU tariffs then you make out like a bandit. Install solar roof panels and you make out like a double bandido.

Compared to the average new vehicle. Not compared to the average new full size truck.

If you switch from a Camry 4 cylinder to a Lighting.

If you live in California and are switching from an F150 3.5L TT Eco Boost things are a tad different. Gas cost $6/gallon right now and if you charge overnight on TOU tariffs then you make out like a bandit. Install solar roof panels and you make out like a double bandido.
in CA, at 30c a KWh on average, savings are not great anymore. However, with solar clocking in at less than 10c a KWh over 20 years, provided rules don't get changed, it's a humongous saving.

in CA, at 30c a KWh on average, savings are not great anymore. However, with solar clocking in at less than 10c a KWh over 20 years, provided rules don't get changed, it's a humongous saving.

There are plenty of rate plans that get you way under 30c/kWh.

You don't have to charge at Tier 3/High Usage between 5pm-9pm

I pay 21c/kWh overnight for 100% clean power from Clean Power Alliance.

It is 17c/kWh for standard power. Which is 40% clean.

Reactions: mangrove79
There are plenty of rate plans that get you way under 30c/kWh.

You don't have to charge at Tier 3/High Usage between 5pm-9pm

I pay 21c/kWh overnight for 100% clean power from Clean Power Alliance.

It is 17c/kWh for standard power. Which is 40% clean.

I pay 10c overnight here in San Diego for electricity from SDG&E. It’s their TOU-5 rate available to all EV owners.

Btw those F-150 EPA numbers are almost identical to the Rivian R1T for MPGe and range. Will be interesting to see Cybertruck…

Who is your electricity provider?

Clean Power Alliance. I get billed through Southern California Edison.

Cosmacelf posted he pays 10c/kWk.

There usually pros and cons to each plan. Cheaper per kWh usually means more transmission or other charges. Sometimes a fixed monthly fee.

I like 100% Clean Power.

There are usually automated calculators or human guides to help you pick a plan.

I was planning to buy an EV Truck. I figured it just uses cheap electricity. Then I read a article that mentions they still use a lot of electricity. Which made since when I thought about it. So I decided to buy an MYP instead. I didn’t realize how big the difference was until I saw this. The MYP gets 41 MPGe more. I don’t need a truck that much. For the few times I need it, I’ll just rent one.

I was planning to buy an EV Truck. I figured it just uses cheap electricity. Then I read a article that mentions they still use a lot of electricity. Which made since when I thought about it. So I decided to buy an MYP instead. I didn’t realize how big the difference was until I saw this. The MYP gets 41 MPGe more. I don’t need a truck that much. For the few times I need it, I’ll just rent one.

Right. People forget that even though these trucks are EVs and thus more efficient than their gas powered counterparts, they are still massively inefficient compared to a sedan. All things considered 70 MPGe is pretty good!

Reactions: mangrove79
Good leakage test, pretty much standard for any cover that's not a one piece shell. I have a folder that stands up behind the back window to maximize space.
Can't go wrong with Bakflip or undercover... although most truck cover brands are owned by the same entity.