TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Fastest Tesla X ever build

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by pw1388, Dec 7, 2016.

1. pw1388

pw1388 Member

1 day to build a tesla.jpg It only took a day to build my Tesla X? I am kind of scared of my build quality... lol. But I am pretty sure Tesla just forgot to email the production email earlier when it went in to production.

2. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

Reading the thread title, I thought I was going to be hearing about a P100D with all the seats stripped out and carbon fiber body panels to save weight...

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 2
  3. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Sorry for the misleading title.

4. Saghost

Saghost Well-Known Member

No worries. For what it's worth, Tesla is notoriously lax in communicating status. My X kinda disappeared for most of a week between arriving at the railhead and being at the delivery center ready to go.

5. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

Me too. I was expecting to read about a 200mph X! But the thread title does say "build", not "built".

@pw1388 your X definitely was not built from start to finish in one day. I wouldn't worry about it.

Let us know when you take delivery and what your first driving experience is like!

6. professionalr

professionalr Member

when did you confirm your order?

7. pw1388

pw1388 Member

Vin: 30XXX
    Ordered: 11/15
    Confirmed: 11/15
    12/3: In production
    12/4: Finish production

8. beths11

beths11 THE LONG RANGER

The same thing happened the end of third quarter. It was not uncommon for a car to be only two days in production.

9. bushburner

bushburner Member

well it's a good thing it was done quick, but quality issue may arise since it was built too fast.

10. pw1388

pw1388 Member

I am pretty sure it was just a delay of emailing the start and end of production. I'll let you guys know how is the build once I recieve it.

11. ggnykk

ggnykk Active Member

One day production seems normal for a car though, especially if it is assembly time.

12. krazineurons

krazineurons krazineurons

so the delivery is the longest pole here? Seems to not have happened yet..