Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

FastEV EVO1(+) 18" with Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6 for Model 3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've just changed from the stock 20" Uberturbine/Pirelli PZ4 wheel and tyre combo to FastEV EVO1(+) 18" in black finish with aero inserts and Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6 235/45/R18.

I was looking for a more cost-effective tyre than the 20" options and also looking for improved comfort and efficiency without compromising NVR and wet and dry grip.

My efficiency was pretty good with the Uberturbine/Pirelli set up, averaging 140Wh/km for the past 13,634km with a combination of highway and urban driving.

I'm hoping to achieve a 10% - 15% efficiency improvement with the new wheels and tyres, time will tell.

Stock 20" Uberturbine/Pirelli wheels and tyres weigh 23.5kg each. The FastEV EVO1(+) 18" wheels with aero inserts ans Tesla TPMS installed weigh 9.8kg each and the Goodyear tyres weigh 10.7kg each for a total of 20.5kg, a weight reduction of 3kg per corner (12.8%)

The traction and temperature ratings are identical for the tyres and treadware for the Goodyear tyres is 300 vs 280 for the Pirelli tyres.

The Goodyear F1 Asymmetric 6 doesn't have acoustic foam, but has a noise cancelling tread pattern and has tested at comparable or better acoustic performance compared to the stock Pirelli tyre. The Goodyear tyres also have nice rim protection on the 8.5" FastEV wheels compared to the stretched PIrelli's on the 9" wide Uberturbines.

Price wise the Pirelli's were quoted at $629 per tyre and the Goodyear tyres were $350 each, so $1116 less cost per set.

With minimal testing so far the new wheel and tyre combo fit well and are comfortable and quiet. I'll report back with some efficiency testing.

M3P with Fast EVO01 wheels.jpg

First update: A total of 440km driven since changing the wheels and tyres, 290km of dry highway driving from Brisbane to Maleny, Montville, Sippy Downs and back to Brisbane and 150km of suburban driving around Brisbane, mainly wet weather.

Efficiency is currently averaging 132Wh/km for a 6% improvement, less than I hoped, but still pretty good. On the initial Brisbane to Landsborough stretch today the car was averaging 126Wh/km, then the climb up to Maleny and Montville did some damage.

Other impressions - the comfort level has improved, tyre noise, steering feel, handling and grip is on par with the stock Uberturbine/Pirelli PZ4 combo.

Reactions: Hairyman
First update: A total of 440km driven since changing the wheels and tyres, 290km of dry highway driving from Brisbane to Maleny, Montville, Sippy Downs and back to Brisbane and 150km of suburban driving around Brisbane, mainly wet weather.

Efficiency is currently averaging 132Wh/km for a 6% improvement, less than I hoped, but still pretty good. On the initial Brisbane to Landsborough stretch today the car was averaging 126Wh/km, then the climb up to Maleny and Montville did some damage.

Other impressions - the comfort level has improved, tyre noise, steering feel, handling and grip is on par with the stock Uberturbine/Pirelli PZ4 combo.
It’s best to get at least 1000kms of use into the tyres before measuring efficiency, even then the only accurate assessment is two similar cars on the same roads at the same time, a Different set of tyres on each.

Looks nice.
10-15% efficiency increase is a little too optimistic IMO. I would guess it will be closer to 3-4% after the next 13000 km.
The only accurate test is between 2 model 3s with the different wheel/tyre combos fitted, in saying that I think 9 to 12% is possible-