Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Fastrak Flex Toll Tag - Mount / Location ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi So I got one of the Fasttrak Flex Toll Tag herei n Bayarea CA

So my question is where do you guys like to mount it where it works and kind of hidden as well.

Anyone wanna share some pics or ideas ? or how they have it.. I would like to see if there is a better place.

I do also want to know if someone else has try it just by keeping it in the center storage compartment and got it to work without even opening the compartment.. but then again if Our arm is resting on that center area it might not work.

Reactions: trojaneen
20190519_120007_2.jpg

If put Fasttrak Flex Toll Tag on the tray in center storage compartment with cover close, it's hit and miss depends on the overhead reader power. The reader on 880S to 238 works, but 238 to 880N doesn't work (it beeps if pickup by reader). Other case, if you don't want the reader pick up the tag, have to put it in an anti static bag even you put it inside the center storage compartment with cover closed.
You don't need to install Fasttrak Toll Tag for Bridge toll in Bay area, just register your car license plate # to you Fasttrak account. The toll gate camera will capture you license plate and charge to your account.

Reactions: 127.0.0.0
I keep mine in the center console and take it out before arriving at a toll booth.

I do that time to time.. Rite now however when I am driving in express lane and it is sitting on dash sometimes it can move since I just keep taking it in and out .. So Not like velcro or anything..

So in case of hard braking or acceleration sometimes it moves around.. So that is why I am thinking of putting somewhere permanent.

I do that time to time.. Rite now however when I am driving in express lane and it is sitting on dash sometimes it can move since I just keep taking it in and out .. So Not like velcro or anything..

So in case of hard braking or acceleration sometimes it moves around.. So that is why I am thinking of putting somewhere permanent.
so the new sticker type transponder will still work laying on the dash? Still waiting to receive mine.

I recently discovered the 680 SB express lane wasn’t picking up mine mounted to the left of rear view mirror. And they don’t use your registered plate to “clear” the toll, but actually charge you. I’m going to try mine to the right of the camera / rear view mirror.

FWIW my NC EZPASS transmitter just sits in my glovebox- and the system detects it about 90-95% of the time... (the other 5-10% the camera just grabs my license plate since it's tied to my toll account)
Ditto. We keep ours in the glove box. My sense is it’s not usually detected, unlike Knightshade’s experience, but I honestly don’t know for sure. Fastrak will happily charge your account based on reading your license plate, so you can even keep the device at home.

Ditto. We keep ours in the glove box. My sense is it’s not usually detected, unlike Knightshade’s experience, but I honestly don’t know for sure. Fastrak will happily charge your account based on reading your license plate, so you can even keep the device at home.

Here they will hit you with a surcharge if they have to fall back to license plate reading more than 15% of the time... haven't been hit with it once keeping it in the glovebox though.

• Informative
Reactions: CharleyBC