Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Favorite Tesla Employee

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There was this.

http://www.mercurynews.com/business/ci_23656627/tesla-motors-ceo-elon-musk-speaks-faithful-at
ssjm074teslive06-L.jpg

My guess is they felt it wasn't right to single out one person at the event and leave out so many other hard working and deserving people so a big thank you to everyone was more appropriate. Either way this thread serves as a thank you to all the specific people mentioned.

I've supplied the link to Tesla, so that they have this feedback on many of our favorite employees.

As one of the organizers, I can tell you that we had many ideas. Most came to fruition. This one did not fully complete, BUT the continuing kudos are encouraged. Tesla regularly monitors the forum & I'm sure people are hearing when their name is mentioned.

Keep it going!

Randy Filippi

Randy Filippi - Menlo Park Service Manager.
Here's the scoop: ~45,000 miles (Roadster #447), n
oise from right rear wheel when turning left and spirited acceleration.
I call on Friday afternoon, Randy says it may be safety issue, bring it right in. He confirms diagnoses in <3 second launch, I pull directly back into service bay.
He proceeds to pull parts off shelves and does the job himself while I
work on my laptop and sip coffee.
About an hour later
Randy with grease up to the elbows is finished and I'm back on the road with that "warm fuzzy - only Tesla does that" smile.
How many <fill in ICE> service managers have the combination of expertise *and* "willing to get dirty" for the customer? This is the way you hope issues are resolved.
Thanks Randy!

I've supplied the link to Tesla, so that they have this feedback on many of our favorite employees.

As one of the organizers, I can tell you that we had many ideas. Most came to fruition. This one did not fully complete, BUT the continuing kudos are encouraged. Tesla regularly monitors the forum & I'm sure people are hearing when their name is mentioned.

Keep it going!

In a way, its probably for the best that there wasn't special recognition for particular Tesla employees. As much as I think those I mentioned up-thread deserve major kudos, we customers only see a relatively small slice of Tesla employees. There are hundreds of employees at the factory and behind the scenes who work just as hard and deserve just as much recognition for their fantastic work and dedication who never get mentioned here, for no other reason than we have no idea who they are. We shouldn't favor customer-facing employees over those who never interact with us.

It would be really cool to try to honor employees we don't have personal contact with. For example, I love the app and would love to recognize those who designed it, or those who work on the touchscreen software etc.

Dear Tesla employee recognizers,

If you still want to recognize a particular Tesla hero, you might want to consider taking the post you sent to this thread and forwarding it to that hero's functional vice president. In most of the cases in this thread, that's probably George Blankenship. And if you can't figure out who's in charge of engineering, or manufacturing, or finance, or whatever (as I haven't), then send the case to George anyway and ask him to forward it.

Your input will likely be a valuable part of that hero's next performance review, which can affect his/her rating, salary and bonus. In some cases, companies also use this kind of input as part of celebrating the efforts of individuals or of entire teams.

This input works really well when it's specific to an employee and describes particular case(s). For instance, @Arnold Panz on 4-23-13 posted his experiences with Neil Joseph in a specific, thoughtful description that any reasonable manager would be happy to latch onto and drop -- possibly verbatim -- into that employee's next review.

For another example, @A-E expresses enthusiasm for Vince Santos. If @A-E can also supply specific instances of why @A-E regards this employee as "THE MAN", then I can tell you that this employee's manager (via his functional VP) likely will be thrilled with the input and will find a place to use it.

I'm sorry to say, @bonnie, that simply pointing out a link to Tesla may not suffice. It's hard for someone at Tesla to review all these entries, sort them out, direct them to various people managers and so on. It's a nice step but specific letters from specific customers about specific Tesla staff addressed to a key Tesla authority figure (e.g., George) is likely to work better.

Thanks for listening.

Alan

P.S. I don't work for Tesla and don't know any of their management, only some staff in the Natick store and a few over the phone!

I'd like to once again nominate Mat Boarman who heads up the Watertown, MA service center. Tesla owners in the Northeast have been organizing a rally to climb Mt Washington together this weekend. It's the tallest peak in the Northeast. There is almost no public charging infrastructure within 150+ miles of it. The nearest supercharger is over 300 miles away. Today we got this post from Mat who took the initiative on his own to support our adventure.

Hey Everyone! Mat here from Watertown.

I will be coming up tomorrow evening and bringing a collection of extra charging adapters, cables and extension cords just in case anyones plans don't quite work out. If anyone needs to get a hold of me at any time throughout the weekend, please call my cell phone if you have it, or email me.

I look forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

Employees like that are hard to come by. Thank you Mat!

I would wholeheartedly second Mat's nomination. I picked up may car In May and have made several trips to the SC for various issues. The entire staff has been excellent and Mat sets the tone and the bar for excellence in customer service. When they were transitioning from gloss to matte CF spoiler and Tesla told me I would get gloss but delivered matte, Mat had a local paint shop gloss the spoiler before delivery at no cost. When I spilled coffee on the center console (no more drinks in the car moving forward!), Mat and Mark rushed the car in and got the team to clean up everything before any damage or smell could set in.....Mat and his team have forever spoiled me in terms of car service and that is a high bar coming from Lexus and Maserati. Thanks again Mat!

I cannot say enough about Jack Batson at the Tesla-Dallas service center. He really takes care if you as if you were family. He works long hours and still manages that smile and pep in his step. Please get these posts to these people!! I appreciate you Jack!! (TG)