Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

February 2022 Ordered and Estimated Delivery Dates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine was surprisingly quick. Here is my list of events after ordering my Y LR and than switching to the YP
Tesla Model Y LR

Ordered: February 17th, 2022 @14:04 PM

2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range
MSM | Black Interior | 20" Induction Wheels |
5 Seat | Tow | No Full Self-driving

Estimated delivery: August

March 13th, 2022; 1st push: Sept. ~ Oct.
March 27th, 2022; 2nd push: Oct. ~ Jan. 2023
May 27th, 2022; 3rd push: Nov. ~ Feb. 2023

Edit Order: June 1st, 2022

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
MSM | Black Interior | 5 Seats | Tow |
No Full Self-Driving

June 1, 2022: EDD July-Sept
June 2, 2022: VIN assigned *F456
June 2, 2022: EDD June 14- June 25
June 2, 2022: EDD June 12 - June 18
June 7, 2022: EDD June 15th per call can take deliver 6/16 or 6/17. I choose 6/17. Pickup at Charlotte, NC SC
@crichards1005 Interesting. I ordered a MYLR on February 1st, a couple weeks before you. I switched to MYP on March 31st, 2 months before your switch to MYP, after getting EDD pushed out to the Fall. Now, our deliveries are the same (until you got pushed out to Monday). I guess it's just more fuel for the "switch shamers" out there, but Tesla makes the rules, not us. Hate the game, not the playa! Congrats on your new ride! As @VegasMYP says: "MSM, Baby!" 😎

• Love
Reactions: VegasMYP
This process is finally over for me, picked up in Colorado Springs yesterday. Smoot, quick, and easy. Car was in great shape, carbon fiber spoiler was slightly raised where you could see the clips weren’t in all the way, barely noticeable, other than that car was clean. All Seasons for Colorado. Thanks for all the info.
8F8221C8-BEDD-4CA7-8EA5-46B0CF59665F.jpeg

Reactions: KK in CT and Horty4
I’d be shocked if anyone with a February MYLR order got theirs delivered. Seems like anyone with a LR got their EDD pushed back by months, and now with both a ton of people switching to MYP and the slow ramp of Giga Texas I don’t think there’s any chance a MYLR order placed in 2022 has gotten delivered.

My EDD has shifted as follows:
February: August 2022
April: September 2022
June: October 17-December 13

I received this text last night

Hi Reggae Jesus we may have an Austin-built Model Y Long Range available for delivery tomorrow.

Please reply YES if you would be available and ready for delivery tomorrow and we will reach out if one becomes available.”

Is this a EOQ push?

Reactions: Coign
I just got my MYLR delivered yesterday that I ordered back in mid February. Not Austin built but I was ok with that being alternative is support to be another 6 months wait. Was assigned VIN on late Wednesday and called me to see I could take delivery no later then Thursday. I took it quite nervously. It actually built a lot nicer compared my 2021 MY.

Reactions: shurik74 and Coign
Took a little longer than 5:30 to get the car. I was worried I would run into some type hiccup receiving this car on such short notice. I had my own financing for a low rate and used their insurance. The only problem I had was with them hurrying me along making sure I got the car they couldn't even get me temp tags so basically until they come in I'm on the road driving illegally. Luckily I have another car so the Tesla can stay in the garage. Kinda shitty in my opinion when they were the ones rushing me. Build quality is perfect no creeks, scratches, or bad paint spots. Since I have no tags I took a LLLLOOONNNGGGGGGG drive on the toll roads here. Feel like I'm living in the 31st century and Im loving every second of it. Now to go back to the garage and beat my high score on sky force reloaded.

Reactions: michaelb11
I’d be shocked if anyone with a February MYLR order got theirs delivered. Seems like anyone with a LR got their EDD pushed back by months, and now with both a ton of people switching to MYP and the slow ramp of Giga Texas I don’t think there’s any chance a MYLR order placed in 2022 has gotten delivered.

My EDD has shifted as follows:
February: August 2022
April: September 2022
June: October 17-December 13
well, at least your "EDD" still in this year. Mine is March-2023 to Jun-2023 and I ordered in Feb-2022. :(

So just out of curiosity, if I am willing to settle for the 27k mile less range, how different is the ride as far as family driving on a trip? One of my main reasons not to do the MYP is the rougher ride. Is it that different? I might be willing to just pay the extra to get this thing in since I will get more for my trade in if I get it sooner and the difference in price should keep in resale value as well. I hear a lot of people switching from an older MYLR to an MYP but not the other way.

Currently looking at a Nov-Jan delivery and hoping if I switch, I might get it in august.

Mine was surprisingly quick. Here is my list of events after ordering my Y LR and than switching to the YP
Tesla Model Y LR

Ordered: February 17th, 2022 @14:04 PM

2022 Tesla Model Y Long Range
MSM | Black Interior | 20" Induction Wheels |
5 Seat | Tow | No Full Self-driving

Estimated delivery: August

March 13th, 2022; 1st push: Sept. ~ Oct.
March 27th, 2022; 2nd push: Oct. ~ Jan. 2023
May 27th, 2022; 3rd push: Nov. ~ Feb. 2023

Edit Order: June 1st, 2022

2022 Tesla Model Y Performance
MSM | Black Interior | 5 Seats | Tow |
No Full Self-Driving

June 1, 2022: EDD July-Sept
June 2, 2022: VIN assigned *F456
June 2, 2022: EDD June 14- June 25
June 2, 2022: EDD June 12 - June 18
June 7, 2022: EDD June 15th per call can take deliver 6/16 or 6/17. I choose 6/17. Pickup at Charlotte, NC SC
Well after reading this post, I went and switched mine as well. My EDD hasn’t changed yet but it’s only been an hour. Here is my list of events.

Feb 28: Ordered MYLR, w tow, midnight silver, 19” tires. EDD quoted as August

April: EDD pushed to October-November
June: EDD pushed to Dec-March 2023.
Next day: Corrected back to Sept-Oct.
July 12: EDD pushed to Nov-Jan
July 14: changed to MYP, w tow, midnight silver.
EDD is still showing Nov-Jan. Hopefully will change soon.

BTW, I asked the SA why the LR is taking so long and she told me that the components are in stock for the MYP and not for the MYLR. Sounds like that since they can’t build as many MYLR, they are cranking out MYP instead.

Well after reading this post, I went and switched mine as well. My EDD hasn’t changed yet but it’s only been an hour. Here is my list of events.

BTW, I asked the SA why the LR is taking so long and she told me that the components are in stock for the MYP and not for the MYLR. Sounds like that since they can’t build as many MYLR, they are cranking out MYP instead.

Good luck! Make sure you inspect the car carefully for paint imperfections since we found a lot that they had to fix. We noticed a scratch on the driver side door which they could not fix at the service center so now they are sending it to a body shop to fix it. They will have the car for 2 weeks but getting a loaner from Tesla to drive while they fix it. I was told getting a car the last 2 weeks of the month is their busiest time since they deliver 30-40 cars a day in Charlotte, NC SC. It was crazy!

Within 5 days you see a new and way better EDD, I changed and actually went back to a LR..see my signature.,..I actually went back to a LR because I found an Polestar off a lot and will make money flipping it when my LR comes in/